3,200sq. Ft. Warehouse/help With Setup

• Thread starter Spectre
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
stickyfing3rs

stickyfing3rs

Im getting close to being done with remodeling my whole grow thanks to a fire, I went with all 5/8 ultra light Sheetrock. That stuffs like hanging cardboard compared to usual rock. I found stuff that has a higher for rating as well so win win

Herb Forester

Herb Forester

You guys know there are two kinds of rigid insulation at HD and Lowes, right? Correct me if I'm wrong but I think R-tech is EPS, vs. R-Max is polyiso and has the foil layer on both sides. I also think the latter is designed for fire resistance, and should be light tight with proper seams. Polyiso is much stronger and is $20 a sheet for 1" and $30 for 2" at HD.

I visited a (non inspected) warehouse where 2" R-max was used for several freestanding structures (tall tree rooms mostly). The wall studs were on 4' centers with the foam glued between. I only saw the outside surface because it was during dark hours and we were there on other business, so I don't know how or if the interior was covered or just bare.

I'm considering similar construction for a new project this summer, and wondering if we can paint the Rmax foil and exposed wood studs with a good latex paint with mold inhibitor.

CelticEBE

CelticEBE

Spectre

Spectre

If I go with a steel stud frame can I use 2x4's on 24" centers?

Lyfespan

Lyfespan

Very clean work Lyfespan.

I may just man up and go with sheetrock over r-13. What do you guys think of the ultralight 1/2" gypsum board?
It was too heavy for me to think about using as I could not hang even 8' sheets at 16' alone, and I only work alone. That's why I went with the Rtech

Lyfespan

Lyfespan

If I go with a steel stud frame can I use 2x4's on 24" centers?
that will be dictated by the ga. of steel studs used

But yes you can use steel 2x6 24" oc, you will not be permitted to use 2x4s for the height of your walls

DirtySanchez

DirtySanchez

Not for nothing... I've seen hundreds of rooms that were framed partly or entirely in 2" rmax. It insulates like crazy and has a double vapor barrier so you're killing 2 birds with 1 stone. Foil tape, 2x4s, washers & 3" screws and you're in the game. It's also reflective too.

Spectre

Spectre

The place is finally cleaned up and has a nice fresh coat of paint. Construction begins on Wednesday.

I picked up..
(24) Lumateks
(24) Hortilux HPS
(24) cheap parabolic hoods
(4) 14" Max-Fans
(2) Titan Atlas 8's
(2) 50lb co2 bottles

Everything except the bulbs I got used for under 4k.

IMG 0317
Billyboat

Billyboat

@Texas Kid

Would commercial walk in coolers pass inspection as a structure to grow in?

Billyboat

Billyboat

Hmm I don't know, I've done it in the past and they passed but that was a few years ago. I can't think of a reason why not though as long as the way you hang and power the lights complies with NEC requirements

Thanks brotha! I'm getting an engineer to do all the drawings as I want it to be approved and on paper!

Billyboat

Billyboat

American Walk in Cooler is one place. There are a lot of places that sell them.

I'm going to be going with 6" panels most likely.

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
Walk in cooler for your room they come modular @CannabisJohn gave me this advice and if I had another room to build I would go that route for sure. .

Craigslist for the initial equipment. Roll over the capital in to new equipment and upgrades.

CannabisJohn

CannabisJohn

American Walk in Cooler is one place. There are a lot of places that sell them.

I'm going to be going with 6" panels most likely.

You don't need the 6 inch panels unless it's for your ceiling because of a large span. I've seen 8 inch panels for ceilings because of the large span but walls were 4 inch. It was in a warehouse in a hot area and that was plenty of insulation.

Herb Forester

Herb Forester

What interior finish is being used for these walk in builds? Anyone have a cost figure example worth sharing?

There's a counterpoint to the buy on CL then re-capitalize later plan. If you're a one man show, rebuilds and upgrades can incur heavy opportunity costs, time and labor which may delay or confound your production schedule.

Last edited:
Top Bottom