3 Per Light ... Who's Hitting It?

• Thread starter Mr.GoodCat
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
P

PharmHand

I was wrong on the mag ballasts....
IMG 1400
DE's are a significant improvement in efficiency that's pretty staggering 1.02 to 1.7. The double ended lamp design basically allows for a "higher" pressure sodium. Definitely gonna make more bud per watt. But LEDs are still king at 2.0 plus. I gotta find the cmh efficiency.....

incogneato

incogneato

I never had a Herm from DNA, I would even go as far to say you probably have no clue what's going on and it's obvious your reading game is off
Not to jump in on an internet beef but I can say all 3 DNA plants I had in my first run hermed out on me. That being said it was my first run.

SatansTaint

SatansTaint

Not to jump in on an internet beef but I can say all 3 DNA plants I had in my first run hermed out on me. That being said it was my first run.
Yep
My DNA bashing is based on experience, I have tried 3 different strains , all Hermed while nothing else in the tent had problems. This was a few years ago, but I still have zero faith in any big seed brand.

P

PharmHand

I ran some DNA beans years ago, no herming but the variation was stupid. Some phenos were nearly void of trichomes. I don't trust the big breeders either.... I'm picturing their breeding facilities as a big greenhouse full of all their strains all being pollinated in the same room. It would have to be with the variation you get from big name breeders. I picture exotics facility and other higher quality breeders facilities as a warehouse full of tents with each tent housing a different strain. This is pure speculation on my part, if anyone knows the way it's actually done please enlighten me lol

incogneato

incogneato

Yep
My DNA bashing is based on experience, I have tried 3 different strains , all Hermed while nothing else in the tent had problems. This was a few years ago, but I still have zero faith in any big seed brand.
What were the strains? I had holy grail kush, r.k.s, and cannalope haze.
I ran some DNA beans years ago, no herming but the variation was stupid. Some phenos were nearly void of trichomes. I don't trust the big breeders either.... I'm picturing their breeding facilities as a big greenhouse full of all their strains all being pollinated in the same room. It would have to be with the variation you get from big name breeders. I picture exotics facility and other higher quality breeders facilities as a warehouse full of tents with each tent housing a different strain. This is pure speculation on my part, if anyone knows the way it's actually done please enlighten me lol
I only ran one seed of each so I can't speak on variation but they were all frosted out and good smoke, just hermed out lol. The rks also threw late flower nanners on the top colas.

Leew421

Leew421

The only situation where I got herms was from an evap cooler I was running and forgot to cover the light. Totally my fault. I believe that a Herm is a direct effect of stress from known sources. With so many breaders and seed choices it's hard to really know until you know you know? I don't advocate any seedbank just the seeds I grow out. The skywalker so far has been tops. The high is on point and strong and the smell is real loud. The oils are fire too. If I get herms I don't blame the seed bank I try and figure out what I did

Psychonaut47

Psychonaut47

The only situation where I got herms was from an evap cooler I was running and forgot to cover the light. Totally my fault. I believe that a Herm is a direct effect of stress from known sources. With so many breaders and seed choices it's hard to really know until you know you know? I don't advocate any seedbank just the seeds I grow out. The skywalker so far has been tops. The high is on point and strong and the smell is real loud. The oils are fire too. If I get herms I don't blame the seed bank I try and figure out what I did
These bitches are sensitive, they will herm if there's not a male around to nut on them, that's why I seed atleast one branch, very very carefully...just saying, I hit three a light everytime if my shits seeded jajajajaja....

incogneato

incogneato

In know I caused the herms without a doubt. That being said some strains in the same conditions didn't herm on me.

straincreation

straincreation

Okay guys im only on page 3 of this thread, here is my testimony, and here is my questions.
So I've had to successful runs at hitting just under 3 pounds per light and two unsuccessful runs hitting about 2.25 2.5 pounds per light. I have a 12000 watt facility with two separate 6000-watt rooms double-ended gavitas I run rockwool 4 X 12 tables 24 to 33 plants per table depending on the strain.
with my gorilla glues I most the time will hit the higher range of 2.85 3.0 per light lite of quality herb it seems to be the only straing that doesn't react funny to my nutrient recipe I have problems mostly with my Ogs I tend to get weird Leaf curl early ripening of pistols and stunted Bud development. the only issue that I've had is a low PH when I get back in the morning sometimes in the range of 5.4 to 5.0 I do readjust and flush medium out to fix the pH level but they never seem to come back entirely. Everything seems to be fine and developing correctly until we hit about week 3 and go in for a defoliation. now I have heard that some OG's react funny to defoliation but I've never had a problem in the past. I wish I had pictures but I will have to look through some files to see if I can find some I will show you pictures of my complete set up just to show you what exactly what is going on. so in each 6000 watt room there's one 5-ton ac, 1 humidifier, Week 1 of flower I start at 78 degrees and decrease each week by 1° so I'm at 69 degrees by week 9 as I said before in the past I've had no problems I run in rockwool and begin Week 1 with hand-watering all through week one once a day until they are drying out completely once a day.
then I usually begin the dripper system about week 2. to drippers per plant with floraflex caps, 1 watering 2 hours after the lights turn on one watering before the lights turn off then week 3 or four I will bump to three feedings per day. one in midday and the other two that we are already doing. I run to waste through the whole cycle try to get about 15 to 20% runoff / watering sometimes a little more sometimes a little less I'm not that perfect they get a fresh Reservoir every 2 to 3 days depending on the watering schedule.
Now here is my questions?! on my fertilizer recipe if anyone notices anything funny in here or excessive please shine in.
This is an adjusted version of an sfv og recipe that seems to work well with most strains usually, but also seems like it can go sour pretty easy since we are applying so much p k that my base pretty much lacks.

In the order i add them to 50 gallon reseviorView attachment 791648
So here is pretty much what i use i do not use monster bloom, i use bud blood week 1, and sonic bloom for weeks 2-4, i dont run b52 i use vitamax at same strength. I also add budswell bat guano weeks 3- flush. Also boost weeks 3-8 at 2ml a gallon i feel it helps with flavor profile. I hit them once a week with ogbiowar, and or recharge. also i run to waste the full cycle we had ran the first 4 weeks recirculating, and would run to waste and lower the ppms. This recipes pulls the lightest green sfv og when done correctlt imo. Here is what it does for my GG#4 View attachment 791650 View attachment 791651
View attachment 791649

here is some og and what a proper canopy with this recipe looks like, day 35View attachment 791655 View attachment 791656
So these are week #5 full bloom rockin on this recipe yeilded 11.5 off 3 gavitas 28 plants. Hugo 3 waters a day 5.7-6.4ph, temps states above.
Here are the same plants one run later (right)View attachment 791657
So you can see that the gg4 on the left made it threw what ever tf it was that fucked this table up, yield went down but quality was there, same table of OG next to it fuckED entirley, AND NO IT NOT A LIGHT LEAK! They will not stop stretching and fox tailing and leaf curling and all this wild shit. I was gonna upload another file of the whole table but it wont let me.
Super dense and icy! No dark green low quality og you get from over fert, again when done right. So question if anyone has experience, since i run to waste the full cycle you think i should be lowering the ppms in the beginning? So this is pretty much killing my margins per run and it is fucken got me stumped it like every other run or 2 this pops up.

straincreation

straincreation

Sorry mods! i tries to edit but took to long if you can please delete that prior post, and sorry to everyone in the thread here are the pictures in order of the attachments
Upload 2017 5 16 0 14 57

Nutrient recipe
20180121 230012
20171025 164336
20180105 184615
here is what this recipe does for the gg4

Okay these nxt two are the oges i have prblems with first table will be a complete full potential the second will be fucked both day 35
20171214 191047
20171223 194459
the whole table like this
20171017 163900
20171017 163850

Thanks in advance if theres any confusion i understand but just hmu.
Happy farmin

20171025 164336
straincreation

straincreation

Can a mod please delete this thank you
Okay guys im only on page 3 of this thread, here is my testimony, and here is my questions.
So I've had to successful runs at hitting just under 3 pounds per light and two unsuccessful runs hitting about 2.252 pounds per light. I have a 12000 watt facility with two separate 6000-watt rooms double-ended gavitas I run rockwool 4 X 12 tables 24 to 33 / table depending on the strain with my gorilla glues I most the time will hit the higher range of 2.85 3.0 perlite of quality herb it seems to be the only string that doesn't react funny to my nutrient recipe I have problems mostly with my Oggi's I tend to get weird Leaf curl early ripening of pistols and stunted Bud development the only issue that I've had is a low PH when I get back in the morning sometimes in the range of 5.4 to 5.0 I do readjust and flush medium out to fix the pH level but they never seem to come back entirely. Everything seems to be fine and developing correctly until we hit about week 3 and go in for a defoliation now I have heard that some OG's react funny to defoliation but I've never had a problem in the past I wish I had pictures but I will have to look through some files to see if I can find some I will show you pictures of my complete set up just to show you what exactly what is going on so in each 6000 watt room there's one 5-ton ac-1 the humidifier Week 1 of flower I start at 78 degrees and decrease each week by 1° so I'm at 69 degrees by week 9 as I said before in the past I've had no problems I run in rockwool and begin Week 1 with hand-watering all through week one once a day until they are drying out completely once a day then I usually begin the dripper system about week 2 to drippers per plant 1 loitering 2 hours after the lights turn on when watering before the lights turn off then week 3 or four I will bump to three feedings per day one in midday and the other two that we are already doing I run to waste through the whole cycle try to get about 15 to 20% runoff / watering sometimes a little more sometimes a little less I'm not that precise they get a fresh Reservoir every 2 to 3 days depending on the watering schedule.
Now here is my questios on my fertilizee recipe if anyone notices anything funny in here or excessive please shine in.
This is an adjustes version of an sfv og recipe that seems to work well with most strains usually, but also seems like it can go sour pretty easy since we are applying so much p k that my base pretty much lacks.

In the order i add them to 50 gallon resevior

Pro silicate 100ml 90 ppm all weeks except 9
Cal mag 200ml 290-300 ppm
Liquid kar

Top Bottom