3 Per Light ... Who's Hitting It?

• Thread starter Mr.GoodCat
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
EventHorizan

EventHorizan

Secret nutes....
Hahahahahhaha, 1st clue that this is bullshit

Temps are too high, you ain't hitting none of those numbers with your temps that high. And on top of that , you put DNA feminized crap in that heat and they will herm all over.

Humboldt's secret and Humboldt's county nutes. What's with all the negativity? You're telling me 81 degrees with lights on is too hot? Wtf is wrong with you?

I never had a Herm from DNA, I would even go as far to say you probably have no clue what's going on and it's obvious your reading game is off

So as you both prob know, Im the self appointed sheriff around here, well more like the Earps... :)
With that said, I think good disagreements are good, hell with PC...
So lets decipher the info above?
I think the nutes are named SECRET, not that he said it was a secret...
81 degrees is almost perfect when using c02

So honestly he hasn't said anything i don't believe IN THOSE STATEMENTS...
As for DNA and herms and higher temps, I do not have the required PhD to honestly question that, so I'm up for more info on that..
He did say he was dropping to 65 at night while 81 in the day with rH fluxing quite a bit and that would make me raise eyeballs as to the poss chance of PM.
I have a friend in the same setup but he has to keep night time temps above 75 to keep from getting PM.. Or at least that is his opinion, so I have no first hand knowledge to quote that either...
I take a lot of pride in making sure I don't repeat nonsense, or even give credence to such practices...

EventHorizan

EventHorizan

I actually run 74ish at night since it's hotter outside. My rh has settled in and around 45-50
Ya that sounds better... but I wasnt really questioning you, you know? I just like to break down info and see what the common denominators are between myself and other growers, esp growers of the same caliber with the same game plan, or end game.
I do like the lights tho, but really expensive. 2 315 cmh are a 1/3 of the price and i guess next up is difference in heat..

Leew421

Leew421

Ya that sounds better... but I wasnt really questioning you, you know? I just like to break down info and see what the common denominators are between myself and other growers, esp growers of the same caliber with the same game plan, or end game.
I do like the lights tho, but really expensive. 2 315 cmh are a 1/3 of the price and i guess next up is difference in heat..
I can dig it. I was running 4 CMH 315s but heat was big for me. The Spydrxs are pricy but I save on electric

Leew421

Leew421

Cmon dude, you really that sensitive?
I call you on your bs and you want me to delete?
I call you out for being an asshole and not reading all the way. You add nothing relevant to the topic period. I call you out for that.

SatansTaint

SatansTaint

Hahahahahha yeah ok, I corrected your mistakes , that is my contribution to this forum for the day. Thank you for keeping track of these things

Leew421

Leew421

Hahahahahha yeah ok, I corrected your mistakes , that is my contribution to this forum for the day. Thank you for keeping track of these things
What are you talking about? You didn't correct shit, you were wrong and still are

SatansTaint

SatansTaint

Ok , maybe when you have been growing longer than a few months and stop using high times as your guide to life , you will understand

MirrorZen

MirrorZen

I just got 2.5 off one Spydrx plus light. It's only 660 watts in a 4x4. I ran 16 in 3 gallons. I would have got more but I burned with uv in the beginning and stunted some of it. It was skywalker kush from DNA. I'm working on another 4x4 run with my Akorn doing 12. Looking at 3 pounds on that one if everything goes right.
So you do a SOG to hit those numbers? Hitting about 2 gpw? Pics of the setup? I've heard only great things about the Spydrx:fire:

P

PharmHand

This is possible with double ended fixtures like Gavitas. Double ended fixtures do not produce more weight per light. What they do is allow you to expand your grow space while keeping the same light intensity used to produce 2+ pounds with digital/hood ballast technology.

The ideal foot print that offers the proper light intensity to maximize weight for digital 1000 watt ballast is 4x4 feet, with the right environment, one can pull 2-2.5 pounds per light over a 4x4 area.

Double ended fixtures can practically provide the same light intensity over a 5x4.8 area that digital ballast provides over a 4x4 area. You go from 16 sq ft to 24 sq ft, almosy 1.5 times the area. Which equates to almost 1.5 times the weight. To do it over a 5x5 foot print you need to run your lights at 1150. So the myth is that people are not hitting 3 a light using DE FIXTURES. It's getting the same light intensity over a bigger area with a fixture where the magic lies

So if I had a 15 digital ballast over 4x4 areas that would cover 240 sq ft. I could cover this same area with 10 gavitas. So if pulled 2 a light on 15 hoods then I would yield 30 pounds. If I had 10 gavitas over the 240 sq ft then I would be hitting 3 a light.

Here is a good explanation
I've always done 5' centers, even on SE magnetic. Back in the day my friend set up a place 12k over 6 4x8 tables cuz that's what everyone said "a 1k does a 4x4'". I convinced him to throw an extra bed in there ,which ate up his isle space, and spread the lights out. Guess what? Same yield per bed but he now had an extra bed. Quality did not suffer either. When you're in a room with multiple lights/ cross lighting it's just lit everywhere.
The plant itself loses efficiency at increasing light levels too . 4x4 with a good shade is just too intense for maximum efficiency. I think a big part of why people said 4x4 is a lot of guys used to run the AC hoods( which are super inefficient themselves and run the lights super close which also kills efficiency. My buddies set up a legit medical facility I got them to put the lights on 6' centers with adjust a wings and digi ballast. We pulled nearly 3 per a bunch of times with some strains, 2.5 on average. When you stretch your footprint like that it's important to prune really high leaving only bout 12" per branch so it's all tops. So we'd do a longish veg 2plants/light build a massive root system bend and manipulate then prune so it's a sea of tops being fed by the large root mass.
If I recall correctly the DE design generates 1.7umol per watt, the digi 1.4, and the magnetics 1.2 or something like that( don't quote me on that, 1.7 for the de I know is correct lol). So it makes sense the de can cover more area. You seem to know your shit I'm not gonna argue w you , just sharing my perspective :) Peace brother

EventHorizan

EventHorizan

I've always done 5' centers, even on SE magnetic. Back in the day my friend set up a place 12k over 6 4x8 tables cuz that's what everyone said "a 1k does a 4x4'". I convinced him to throw an extra bed in there ,which ate up his isle space, and spread the lights out. Guess what? Same yield per bed but he now had an extra bed. Quality did not suffer either. When you're in a room with multiple lights/ cross lighting it's just lit everywhere.
The plant itself loses efficiency at increasing light levels too . 4x4 with a good shade is just too intense for maximum efficiency. I think a big part of why people said 4x4 is a lot of guys used to run the AC hoods( which are super inefficient themselves and run the lights super close which also kills efficiency. My buddies set up a legit medical facility I got them to put the lights on 6' centers with adjust a wings and digi ballast. We pulled nearly 3 per a bunch of times with some strains, 2.5 on average. When you stretch your footprint like that it's important to prune really high leaving only bout 12" per branch so it's all tops. So we'd do a longish veg 2plants/light build a massive root system bend and manipulate then prune so it's a sea of tops being fed by the large root mass.
If I recall correctly the DE design generates 1.7umol per watt, the digi 1.4, and the magnetics 1.2 or something like that( don't quote me on that, 1.7 for the de I know is correct lol). So it makes sense the de can cover more area. You seem to know your shit I'm not gonna argue w you , just sharing my perspective :) Peace brother
good info brother!

P

PharmHand

Clears throat. ....i hit just shy of 13#s on 3k last rip. Blue dream. Put that in ur pipe and smoke it!!
Nice job man! You must really like blue dream lol. My friend had a single de in a 10x10 room and pulled just over 4 per. 4-1/4 is absurd tho wow. You run them DE's boosted 1150?

P

PharmHand

I just got 2.5 off one Spydrx plus light. It's only 660 watts in a 4x4. I ran 16 in 3 gallons. I would have got more but I burned with uv in the beginning and stunted some of it. It was skywalker kush from DNA. I'm working on another 4x4 run with my Akorn doing 12. Looking at 3 pounds on that one if everything goes right.
That's killer man, fluence is no joke! LEDs run up to 2.5umol per watt, that is the future. You seen meowy Janes room on IG? All fluence VYPR, they killing it!

Top Bottom