3 Per Light ... Who's Hitting It?

• Thread starter Mr.GoodCat
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
straincreation

straincreation

LI. I get what your saying per light cause I run 1k's you might run 400 or 600 watts I assume though everyone who hears lb per light refers to how many lbs per 1000 watts. The gavitas are a different animal than hps or mh though and I heard when the light overlaps there even better.
What I don't like about them is the height issue and cooling with what looks like the ballast attached to the light must need a shit load of a.c. And can't be water cooled which I found cuts a.c. dramatically with about 12 K in hoods. Terps in your post you mentioned to me lec guys did you mean led? Not sure what lec stands for.
Your cooling btus pretty much go up to 6k per light to be safe when running gavitas.

straincreation

straincreation

I'd say it's more to do with the grower adapting to their room not the secret recipe. Be able to dial your room the lights temp humidity. the medium the nutes the plant are all important yet not the only thing.
look at motor sport racing or bicycle racing. Each vehicle is the same essentially, yet when you break down all the little pieces you will see each machine has little tweaks for their operator to preform better. They constantly adapt and strive for the greatest consistent performance within their abilities.
So what I'm saying is if you step back take a good look at your room and how it performs find your weakest link and take steps to better that aspect. It's all about consistent performance. I see a lot of rooms that have temp and rh swings all the time typically the biggest problem.
True but then again ive given my cuts to people with great enviroment, clean and flawless and completley controlled, but there product siezed to outperform mine, and timing of nutrients i found is key to getting really PR buds. Not to object your point but a change of a recipe in certain strains can blossom some spectacular results, this also open up doors to fucking some shit up, which is why im here with my problems lol i want to grow boutique ass weed on a commercial scale i havent got it quite yet but am spending thousands to try. Have gotten alot of AAA packs outta here that fetched a nice ticket ut ha e also fucked alot of packs to the blast lab as well. Any just my 2cents.
Happy farmin

straincreation

straincreation

Also if you look at that picture close, notice how the plant is a lot more faded on the right half. That's because that's the half that was under the direct light half. The left half wasn't even under direct light. Just because it says that a 1k light only covers 5x5 doesn't mean that buds don't grow on the outside of the main coverage. The glue is one of those strains that doesn't need to be all under direct light to produce good. Genetics, environment and dialing that shit. Just to be completely up front that was my biggest yielder indoor so far. There's always one that does beast.....and I always have one in the room that is the dud of the round.
Could you elaborate more on what you mean by one or more thats a dud int he room, you talking certain genetics that dont react good to your gg4 setup, not implying you setup for gg4, just thats what yields well

straincreation

straincreation

Bro I would be thinking the same thing but I've seen homies plants and even the bottom buds are grammers to dubs all day lol solid and frosty.... Idk how to explain the science that makes that happen but Shirdabz aint bullshitting you
Spectrum!

Redbluffer

Redbluffer

Last time I experimented scrogging, under de hps I hit just under 2.5 and it looked like I'd surpassed 3 from eye test. Not something I really shoot for, I'm hunting majority of time so can't keep 10-20 strains perfectly happy or rather don't have time. Props to those who are, certain strains I could see, some impossible imo.

Leew421

Leew421

I would only add silicate on it's own. It will react bad with calcium and magnesium. I grow in soil so I dont know about ph swings. My soil handles all of that and I never even check anymore. I would agree that nutrients and timing will make for good buds. You can also fuck a plant up with the defoliation. I recommend you do it before flower. I actually switched to SOG runs and now use a powder nutrient mix. Veg+bloom dirty. Really like this stuff alot

incogneato

incogneato

I would only add silicate on it's own. It will react bad with calcium and magnesium. I grow in soil so I dont know about ph swings. My soil handles all of that and I never even check anymore. I would agree that nutrients and timing will make for good buds. You can also fuck a plant up with the defoliation. I recommend you do it before flower. I actually switched to SOG runs and now use a powder nutrient mix. Veg+bloom dirty. Really like this stuff alot
Ive heard good things about it a&b dirty

MidwestToker

MidwestToker

So as I understand ,your room is falling short of what others you share cuts with, compared to their yields?

straincreation

straincreation

So as I understand ,your room is falling short of what others you share cuts with, compared to their yields?
No the other way around, besides these two bad runs where shit went haywire, i have surpassed the quantity, and quality of there product. What im saying is this recipe works to pull3 per light, but has detremental effects if its not perfect. So im trying to figure out what wasnt perfect on these two runs, so thought id share to get some input. I initially thought it was to many b vitamins, then to much p/k but then i run the same recipe tge next time and get spectacular results. Just leaves me scratching my head it all

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
No the other way around, besides these two bad runs where shit went haywire, i have surpassed the quantity, and quality of there product. What im saying is this recipe works to pull3 per light, but has detremental effects if its not perfect. So im trying to figure out what wasnt perfect on these two runs, so thought id share to get some input. I initially thought it was to many b vitamins, then to much p/k but then i run the same recipe tge next time and get spectacular results. Just leaves me scratching my head it all
scratching mine as well. that is odd.......

straincreation

straincreation

Well i have readjusted the recipe a little bit so lets see how this next run turns out. If it us succesful ill post tge results in this thread if i remember if not ill have a youtube vid posted on my channel in regards to it. So fingers crossed lets hope we can rock this next run

MidwestToker

MidwestToker

From my experience, I usually don't mess with my nutrients to much. Maybe some extra cal or mag depending on what the plants are telling me. My good yielding strains I can get almost 2 units out of a 4x4 with 600 watts of HPS with just basic nutrients ran a less than 1 ec. Most problems in my rooms come from environmental issues. Not nutritional deficiencies.

straincreation

straincreation

From my experience, I usually don't mess with my nutrients to much. Maybe some extra cal or mag depending on what the plants are telling me. My good yielding strains I can get almost 2 units out of a 4x4 with 600 watts of HPS with just basic nutrients ran a less than 1 ec. Most problems in my rooms come from environmental issues. Not nutritional deficiencies.
Ya but my room is pretty dialed i have a 5 ton for 6 lights which gives me full control, one dehu per table, and co2. So usually its trying to push my plants to max potential when shit goes wrong. Ive pulled 3 a light in this room

Sticky T

Sticky T

I've got over 2 without optimum conditions. 3 seems like a stretch but I think it can be done with the right variables, looking for those variables from anyone who has hit it.
You ever get over that 3 per light mark?

AintFree

AintFree

CO2 enrichment is over rated, but i only spend approximately $30 per pound on CO2 which is 3x more than i spend on full line of AN nutes per pound.
I like all the AN bottles it gives me more control.
fuck. I wanna know where you get AN for that price....lol

Top Bottom