30 years and not had this before….

• Thread starter Ihavenoideawhatimdoing
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
You’re right….I don’t know what the heck I’m doing…….hence the name, but my results speak for themselves I believe. Surprised someone on the staff here can be such a mountain of negativity and waste of breath.

And to answer your overwatering comment. These plants are 2 weeks old, and have been given exactly 2 waterings in 14 days. They didn’t need more, or less. The issue popped up within 2 days, plant was absolutely happy as could be and hit this issue within 48 hours and was not after a watering.

So forgive me for being “rude” and judging by the pictures you have posted prior on your profile, it looks like you’re and old fart as well….but if you’re staff here and treat everyone like this, then I hope karma catches up to you, even after all your revolutions around the sun. You know what else is something an experienced god tier grower like yourself should know by now too? Is everyone has issues on grows, even the best, and you spouting off like you have just shows the type of person and ego you have, and I sure would have hoped this far along in life you would have earned some humility.
Maybe you have little man syndrome, or something along those lines, but I’m humble enough to come here asking for opinions and advice after 30 years as there is always something to learn, and maybe if you weren't such a prick and read thru the comments you would understand that what you suggested has already been checked.
🎤👋🏼

You have just made me decide to delete my account and go to another less egotistical forum. Thank you all who were helpful and chimed in, I really do appreciate it.
this plant has clearly a root issue.. it began with probably overwatering or underwatering and too hot of an environment..
IMG 4705

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
The twisty growth like that screams pH issue. Just saying… if you say it’s not pests. Have an open mind, even though I’m half your age.
yep, ph or pest too but he’s says it’s no pest so., think he said ph is good too?. maybe if anything he made a mistake in his medium and didn’t notice

I

Ihavenoideawhatimdoing

The twisty growth like that screams pH issue. Just saying… if you say it’s not pests. Have an open mind, even though I’m half your age.
I always have an open mind, but you guys need to realize there are reasons beyond PH and calling someone a newbie..The twisted growth is not a PH issue always. This plant is a mutant off of one of my other project. Single seed, single taproot, but the plant branched off once it broke soil into two main shoots. Any deformities presenting currently are due to genetics.

93FEE7C2 D867 4334 A135 B07A06DD4578
Brad104

Brad104

I've had a similar problem actually a little bit this time, and I am positive I have not gotten any bugs as well. Are your plants growing normal or are they stunted. MY plants stunted a bit.I still got good sized buds but I felt that it could have been better. But I'm almost positive that it's a root issue, not 100% sure that's the problem but I am about 90% sure it's a root fungus or something like that doing our plants this way.I hope that this half ass explanation 😀 somehow helps you out on your issue. Best of luck.

SmokeyTheBandit2023

SmokeyTheBandit2023

I've had a similar problem actually a little bit this time, and I am positive I have not gotten any bugs as well. Are your plants growing normal or are they stunted. MY plants stunted a bit.I still got good sized buds but I felt that it could have been better. But I'm almost positive that it's a root issue, not 100% sure that's the problem but I am about 90% sure it's a root fungus or something like that doing our plants this way.I hope that this half ass explanation 😀 somehow helps you out on your issue. Best of luck.
Septoria are ascomycete pycnidia-producing fungi that cause numerous leaf spot diseases on field crops, forages and many vegetables including tomatoes which are known to contract Septoria musiva from nearby cottonwood trees, and is responsible for yield losses. The genus is widespread, and estimated to contain 1072 species.[1] Pycnidia produce needle-like pycnidiospores.

I recon you know what your talking about my guy I agree 💯

Homesteader

Homesteader

Soil test will show total calcium but not available calcium FYI. Calcium carbonate is not available to plant and needs acid to unlock the carbonate. Gypsum doesn't need acid to unlock the calcium from the sulfate as it wants to bond to magnesium.

"Calcium def also shows on new growth first. With stunted and other issues. This problem started bottom up and is only affecting the main fan leafs and not the new growth."
This isn't true. You won't see early signs of calcium on new growth.

You are right that it is odd that it would happen to a young plant but you also stated you only watered them twice in three weeks. That can cause hiccupps if you allow tips to dry. Not sure on the problem or if there is one but good luck.

SmokeyTheBandit2023

SmokeyTheBandit2023

Soil test will show total calcium but not available calcium FYI. Calcium carbonate is not available to plant and needs acid to unlock the carbonate. Gypsum doesn't need acid to unlock the calcium from the sulfate as it wants to bond to magnesium.

"Calcium def also shows on new growth first. With stunted and other issues. This problem started bottom up and is only affecting the main fan leafs and not the new growth."
This isn't true. You won't see early signs of calcium on new growth.

You are right that it is odd that it would happen to a young plant but you also stated you only watered them twice in three weeks. That can cause hiccupps if you allow tips to dry. Not sure on the problem or if there is one but good luck.
It's a fungicide issue bro clearly... redundant information, really. Stay I.R.I.E

Z

Zill

Ihave,
Allow those round lesions on the leaf to develop. There are no fruiting bodies, pycnidia, apparent in the center of the lesions. So, I wouldn't call it a Septoria sp. incited lesion, yet. You got other issues on those leaves.
Zill.

Top Bottom