30 years and not had this before….

• Thread starter Ihavenoideawhatimdoing
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
I

Ihavenoideawhatimdoing

Greeting all!
So I’ve got a new strain I’ve made running for the first time after the cross. It’s my original Dusk Musk crossed with a true Shishkaberry.
About 2 weeks in it’s started showing some strange symptoms that I’m puzzled with as it was going fine. The pics will show small, almost white/yellow spotting and the new growth tips are burning.
Water has been the same, 6.4PH RO No nutes as of yet as soil has plenty for another 2 weeks. Temps and RH stable. I’m a bit puzzled. No bugs, thrips etc…which is what I thought first…..just poof, started doing this randomly. Any thoughts appreciated!

30 years and not had this before
30 years and not had this before 2

BigBlonde

BigBlonde

The spots resemble spider mite damage. I had a problem with them last year. Did you check under the leaves? That's where spider mites like to live. I need magnification to see them. Also look for webbing.

The white leaf tips could be light stress. I also see some indication of that in the yellowing between the veins of some of the leaves.

I

Ihavenoideawhatimdoing

The spots resemble spider mite damage. I had a problem with them last year. Did you check under the leaves? That's where spider mites like to live. I need magnification to see them. Also look for webbing.

The white leaf tips could be light stress. I also see some indication of that in the yellowing between the veins of some of the leaves.
I’ve checked the plant over with my scope. I didn’t find any signs of any sort of bugs / etc….
I’ve treated them with some oil regardless, so time will tell on that.
As for the light, I don’t see how it could be light stress as the LED is 4 feet away and only at 80% but maybe this strain is light sensitive? I haven’t adjusted my light height for probably 10 years and have several dozen grows under same condition.
I really appreciate your input.

I

Ihavenoideawhatimdoing

+1 with @BigBlonde looks like thrip or other insect damage to me.

View attachment 1347431

these are telltale signs of LED stress (the bleached tips)
Thanks for the reply, I just adjusted my light, and measured at 5 ft 8 inches from the tops of the plants. I just don’t see how this is light stress it’s only a 240W LED and has never been closer than 4 feet to any part of any plant.

I sprayed with oil and moved the light, I’ll keep an eye on everything and see how it comes along.

Shaded_One

Shaded_One

Thanks for the reply, I just adjusted my light, and measured at 5 ft 8 inches from the tops of the plants. I just don’t see how this is light stress it’s only a 240W LED and has never been closer than 4 feet to any part of any plant.

I sprayed with oil and moved the light, I’ll keep an eye on everything and see how it comes along.

yeah idk what to tell you it does seem to be at a VERY safe distance, I only get these bleached tips when I turn my 1000w LED up a couple notches though :)

if you can rule out nutrient burn and other common variables I would say it's the LED causing that

steamroller

steamroller

Pretty dark leaves. High N.
Spots do indeed look like one of the two bugs mentioned.
Can we get pics of the bottom of one of the effected leaves?
Could just be the beginning of nuet burn and pimples ?
I never have used any oil. I go right to a true killer.
Spinosad for the win.
How are you watering and what are feeding how often?

I

Ihavenoideawhatimdoing

Pretty dark leaves. High N.
Spots do indeed look like one of the two bugs mentioned.
Can we get pics of the bottom of one of the effected leaves?
Could just be the beginning of nuet burn and pimples ?
I never have used any oil. I go right to a true killer.
Spinosad for the win.
How are you watering and what are feeding how often?
There have been no nutes, they’re only 2 weeks old and the lush soil I use has plenty of nutrients in it to last at least 3 weeks from birth if not bit longer. The bottom of the leaves look fine, I’ll post a follow up pic here in a bit once I get back.
Watering is when the pots light and or they need it, usually a good thorough watering once every 5-6 days.

I

Ihavenoideawhatimdoing

Follow up pics.

I’d agree that it looks like too much N, but it shares a tent with another plant that’s in the exact same soil, water schedule, etc….and it’s showing no issues besides being a mutant thing I’m working on. To me it truly does look like N tox, I may repot and see what happens. I really don’t think this is a pest issue.

21183FD3 7CE6 464B A0A6 B854AA5F5F73
5E8E5F7C 39A9 4FD3 8F27 3B76E576544D
FCB37D07 AB20 47E8 8316 320B0529B987
F499C7F1 3C70 4104 BE30 A91FE10DF50E

Last edited:
Oldguy71

Oldguy71

I just found a leaf that looks just like that on a plant I overfed so badly it started throwing 3 finger leave. Thought it was mites at first, scoped it and nothing. I also had a gorilla bomb that did the same thing when nutes got a bit high. Almost sure yours is from overfeeding.

I

Ihavenoideawhatimdoing

I just found a leaf that looks just like that on a plant I overfed so badly it started throwing 3 finger leave. Thought it was mites at first, scoped it and nothing. I also had a gorilla bomb that did the same thing when nutes got a bit high. Almost sure yours is from overfeeding.
I have not fed these plants once…..ever.

steamroller

steamroller

I'll admit the bottom of the leave looks immaculate!
I did a little quick search for pot pimples[ don't 😲] because I have seen spots on many plants in others pictures also without issue.
Yours just look more servere? I found nothing. 🤷‍♂️
Throw a yellow sticky gnat trap in there to amuse some of us.

I

Ihavenoideawhatimdoing

I'll admit the bottom of the leave looks immaculate!
I did a little quick search for pot pimples[ don't 😲] because I have seen spots on many plants in others pictures also without issue.
Yours just look more servere? I found nothing. 🤷‍♂️
Throw a yellow sticky gnat trap in there to amuse some of us.
It’s got one, my tent is pretty clean and I’ve never had bud issues. I think this soil is just a bad batch and might be a little hot.

Latest posts

Top Bottom