3000 Watts over Master Kush

• Thread starter Tank333
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Tank333

Tank333

Hey guys!

One of my first posts here. Starting my grow log, as we picked up our new hydro system tonight! I was hella stoked about this like, 4 hours ago. Now, about 65 liters into the 250 liters of the hydroton we need, I ran out of hot water to wash the damn pebbles with. Lol

Its late, and only gonna get later as we set up what is becoming a behemoth of a task! Lol. We should have known, we've had to wash hydroton before. It's a pain in the ass! Haha!

So now we're medicating, and I'm writing this on my phone. Hopefully I can figure out how to upload some pictures to show ya what's up.

As of right now, we've got a nice huge ass Master Kush mother, and 32 clones we had clipped on the 13th. The set-up we have only has 24 sites, so we'll cull the weakest 8 out of the bunch. 2 still have yet to show roots through the rockwool cubes, so those will probably go first. Then 6 more will have to go. I'm hoping we can get this all done tonight, but its already 10 to 9, and I have to get to for work at 5

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
never used hot water to rinse the dog chow - you just need to rinse it until the dust is gone

good luck with the grow

Tank333

Tank333

Man, that shit took FOREVER to set up! I didn't get to bed until about 2 am. Only to get up 3 hours later for work... :( ugh, I'm tired as hell today, but its SO worth it! It looks really nice in the room. Now we just need to get our 4x8 tent and 2 more 1kw lights...

Tank333

Tank333

Got a pic uploaded, but now I can't figure out how to link it. Any help??

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
Got a pic uploaded, but now I can't figure out how to link it. Any help??

for sure man

when you hitreply to post you will see the smileys on the right side of the text box - under that is a box that says "My Photos" with an "insert" link

thats the ticket

MakinGoo

MakinGoo

Good luck on this run.. Master Kush is a great strain

Tank333

Tank333

Here's our mother. She was germ's on 9/23, cut clones off her on 11/13.

IMG_20111127_135659.jpg

Here's the bathroom, filled with hydroton. This is pretty early on in the night, so its still pretty clean in there. Lol
IMG_20111129_202857.jpg

And here's the room. We need to cover the floor in plastic, as the carpet is no bueno for this... I'm debating as to whether or not I want to buy a tent, or just hang the lights from the ceiling... Just not sure yet...
IMG_20111130_003233.jpg

D

Dejohn

Hello fellow Washingtonian, looking forward to following your grow.

Tank333

Tank333

So, this is our first time running a flow-n-grow like this, and my wife wanted me to ask what people use for flood times... right now, I've got it set to flood for 45 minutes, and then drain for 2 hours and 15 minutes.

Is this about right, or should I adjust it?

Tank333

Tank333

Update!

Hey guys! Its been a little over a week, so its overdue for an update...

Here's the whole room. I'm standing in the far back corner in order to get this shot. Lol
IMG_20111207_194726.jpg

Here are the two clones I've been taking regular pictures of:
IMG_20111207_194742.jpg
IMG_20111207_194749.jpg

And here's our huge mother in the back...
IMG_20111207_194813.jpg

Hope you guys like the pics. Sorry its a short and sweet update, but I gotta get some sleep... lol

'Night farm...

Tank333

Tank333

Update!

So, another week gone by, and the girls are just getting HUGE!!! I had an old friend from home stop by the other night, and he made one of the worst blunders he could make. He dropped his phone on one of the girls and bent her right over!
IMG_20111215_182539.jpg

We used two plastic plant labelers to hold her up. My wife pushed them down into the rockwool a little bit to keep em up straight, and she's been doing well since then. A little stunted since then, but she'll recover.

Here's a shot of the whole room. You can see how they've started to fill the buckets, and hide the hydroton.
IMG_20111215_182311.jpg

I have a whole sequence of pictures showing their growth over the week, but I just don't have time to upload them right now. I'll keep taking them every other day or so, and post them when I have more time.

For now, here's the two girls I've been keeping an eye on. I figure it would be easiest to just have pictures of the same two so you can see the growth.
IMG_20111215_182455.jpg

IMG_20111215_182509.jpg

That's all I've got for this week. Hopefully I'll have more later...

N

norcal

Looking good, showing great progress! Sad about your friend droppin his phone on one, but if she only bent over a little i'm sure she'll recover just fine.

Tank333

Tank333

She basically got super-cropped. Bent over at 90°, and fortunately it bent rather than snapped.

Tank333

Tank333

So very excited!! We just dropped $460 on two 8" vented hoods and 1kw HPS ballasts!

Now I get to go to the hardware store and get equipment and lumber to hang em with...

Tank333

Tank333

So, we got the new lights installed and working. The temps are steady at about 81°, with the door open. I think we're gonna have to pick up an AC unit in order to keep the room in the proper temps with the door closed. I want to get some CO² in the room eventually, so we'll need to make it a closed system in the long run.

It looks hella sick in there, and it should. It took me all day to get the lumber and hardware, put it together, hang all three lights, and get everything set up the way I want it.
I used pressure treated 2x4's to make A-frames, and used a pressure treated 4x4 for the top beam. I wanted to use heavy duty hardware with nuts and bolts so I could disassemble and reassemble it easily, but just the hardware to hang the lights was makin' my wife cringe... lol

Here's some pics of how it looks in there. I wanted to upload a video, but I'm not sure if that works on here...
Here's the view from outside the door with the lights off. When the lights are on, there's WAY too many lines going through the picture (that's what you get for using a crappy phone's camera! Lol). You can sort of see the legs of the A-frames I built on the edges of the picture.
IMG_20111218_203244.jpg

And here's one of the girls in her pot. She's really filling it out now!
IMG_20111218_203433.jpg

And here's a nice group shot. You can see MOST of the girls here. A couple here and there are a little spindly, but for the most part, they're all going well.
IMG_20111218_203510.jpg

There! Maybe some cool pics of more equipment will get a couple of comments in here... lol!

Tank333

Tank333

The A-frame

So, here's a couple new pictures. I snapped a couple of the awesome job I did framing out the A-frame.

here's the right side:
IMG_20111219_072753.jpg

And here's the left:
IMG_20111219_072746.jpg

I was originally planning on hanging the ballasts on the beam, but I realized I would need the room there to raise the lights a bit when the plants get taller. Plus, I'll save some $$. The hooks to hang the ballasts cost like $2.50 each, plus a buck for each of the washers...

Tank333

Tank333

Hey Farm!! Got some new pics for ya. Not that anyone's paying attention... lol

Here's how the room looks now. A shot of across the plants I got without the lines showing up in it...
IMG_20111220_052851.jpg

Here's a look at one of the girls. You can see the plastic we put across the floor to protect the carpet behind the bucket.
IMG_20111220_052904.jpg

I'm so very happy with how everything is going in there. The girls are doing great. The only issue we've been having is that the intake ventilation tube has been getting a large amount of condensation on it due to the cold air coming in from outside. I ended up unhooking the intake air from the hoods, and let it just flow into the top of the room. Its keeping the room a little cooler, so I'm gonna have to get a speed controller for the fan and keep it running as slowly as I can, and off during the dark cycle. Probably gonna end up buying a backdraft damper for the intake, so I can put CO² in the room eventually.

Also, we felt our mother was getting too tall, so we decided to top her. We cut about 8 inches off the top, and now there's 4 main branches shooting up in the center now...

I think that's about it... I might have more tomorrow...

ftwendy

ftwendy

Looks like your hard work is beginning to pay off. Keep the momentum, keep things CLEAN and DRY in your spaces, maintain your regimen bro. Looks great. Clean.

Tank333

Tank333

:party0044:
Looks like your hard work is beginning to pay off. Keep the momentum, keep things CLEAN and DRY in your spaces, maintain your regimen bro. Looks great. Clean.

Thanks! My wife and I have been priding ourselves on making sure it all comes out. Looking as professional as possible.

Now, what exactly do you mean by "maintain your regimen"? We're doing our best to keep things dry. The condesnsation coming in on the 8" tube was a pain, but I think we got that licked...

Top Bottom