3rd times the charm... hopefully

• Thread starter Clamup1
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
TSD

TSD

Also a half gallon to a 3 gallon bucket with no runoff probably isn't saturating fully to begin with.

Clamup1

Clamup1

To my eyes she's currently dying of thirst. You can't just go by days because needs change with growth and environmental fluctuations. Lift the pot when it's dry and when it's saturated and feel the difference in weight. Or drill a hole in the bottom third of your bucket and get a moisture meter. I'd bet money it would read dry af currently.
Will do, thanks

freezeland2

freezeland2

There are drain holes in the bucket.
Then there is no way it should go two weeks in between watering.

Lift the pot when dry as it is now. Mental note to self what the dry pot feels like when lifted. Then water to runoff. When the pot is light again when lifted water again to runoff. Repeat…

Clamup1

Clamup1

I went and watered the girl this morning. I checked the soil as far as I could stick my finger in, bone dry( and the bucket was supper light) I forgot about the humidifier and had to go back 30 min later and she was already perking up.
The temp 75 (L 61, H 90)
Rh 78
I don't have the black thumb of death yet lol

freezeland2

freezeland2

I went and watered the girl this morning. I checked the soil as far as I could stick my finger in, bone dry( and the bucket was supper light) I forgot about the humidifier and had to go back 30 min later and she was already perking up.
The temp 75 (L 61, H 90)
Rh 78
There is a video on the forum that Aquaman posted of a plant in dire need of water much like yours. You can literally watch the plant recover in the video. Be careful not to do that again. Water properly.

freezeland2

freezeland2

The temp 75 (L 61, H 90)
Rh 78
How’s that plant doing now?

Clamup1

Clamup1

Hey, I'm flipping her to 12/12 tomorrow. I'm going to spray her with either spinosydle soap or cpt jacks dead bug. If you had the choice which would you choose?

freezeland2

freezeland2

Hey, I'm flipping her to 12/12 tomorrow. I'm going to spray her with either spinosydle soap or cpt jacks dead bug. If you had the choice which would you choose?
I wouldn’t spray unless you are seeing bugs. And if there are bugs present what are they? Need to know that before deciding on a product to use.

Clamup1

Clamup1

I'm spraying as a preemptive strike. Haven't seen any bugs. Just making sure they don't live long if there are any

Harpua88

Harpua88

Supporter
I might go dark and post a diary after the fact. The diary as I grow thing isn't working lol
That's funny, i was thinking the same thing.......I give this long, detailed journal about what strains I'll be planting, the kind of pots, soil, space, lights, techniques.....many paragraphs devoted to seeds popping, days 1, 2, 3, my intentions, strategy, temp, Ph.......

Then something goes wrong and my sprouts die.........ok......forget all that stuff I typed, I need a do-over.. ;)

Clamup1

Clamup1

That's funny, i was thinking the same thing.......I give this long, detailed journal about what strains I'll be planting, the kind of pots, soil, space, lights, techniques.....many paragraphs devoted to seeds popping, days 1, 2, 3, my intentions, strategy, temp, Ph.......

Then something goes wrong and my sprouts die.........ok......forget all that stuff I typed, I need a do-over.. ;)
There were 2 other grow journals before this one lol. If I can keep my act together I might have something to show this time lol

Harpua88

Harpua88

Supporter
How does everyone feel about waiting a few extra days before 12/12 to allow a little revovery time from the wilting/lack of water stress?

Clamup1

Clamup1

A couple hours after I watered her she looked like a brand new plant. It will be 5 days when I flip her. I hope she'll be ok

Harpua88

Harpua88

Supporter
There were 2 other grow journals before this one lol. If I can keep my act together I might have something to show this time lol
Hey, at least have it as a record that you can look back on and review more objectively........we're naturally attached to being right and coming up with other reasons why something went wrong. Having a written journal allows you to review and say "yeah, this is what I want to change/improve/correct for next time."

I think I'll do 1 post (I'm starting this week) with a basic rundown of the set-up, strains, strategy.....then wait a week to 10 days when (hopefully) seedlings are established, then wait another week, and then start posting updates and pics a little more often as (hopefully) the updates become worth posting......

Top Bottom