3rd times the charm... hopefully

• Thread starter Clamup1
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
freezeland2

freezeland2

Ok, humidifier is installed. I also turned the heat up. I had to move some stuff around to get it in there.
The girl got a shave and a hair cut a couple days ago and she looks happy. I cut the big fan leaves off and revealed the ( I guess they're called) tops. Don't know if I was supposed to do that but it's done.
View attachment 1315033
View attachment 1315034
Looking happy. Maintain a good temp & rh. Vpd should be close to 1.2 kPa now.

Clamup1

Clamup1

When are you thinking to flip to flower?
I was thinking about flipping in 2 weeks. I can't let her stretch too much. I only have a 4' tent. The light hangs down 6".

I put my bigger light in and had to raise it all the way to the top of the tent to get to 40 DLI. I may or may not be able to keep the rh constant. I can't check the girl everyday.
The scrog net is installed and had to tuck a couple branches. This is getting exciting.

freezeland2

freezeland2

I was thinking about flipping in 2 weeks. I can't let her stretch too much. I only have a 4' tent. The light hangs down 6".

I put my bigger light in and had to raise it all the way to the top of the tent to get to 40 DLI. I may or may not be able to keep the rh constant. I can't check the girl everyday.
The scrog net is installed and had to tuck a couple branches. This is getting exciting.
I would recommend flipping soon. What nutrients are you feeding again? To lazy to go back through the thread to check. Are you following a feed chart that tells what to give in what week? Typically it will call for some N right before the flowering phase. That will help get the plant through its 4 weeks of stretch when you flip without yellowing the plant up. What strain are we growing here anyway? Lol.

Clamup1

Clamup1

I would recommend flipping soon. What nutrients are you feeding again? To lazy to go back through the thread to check. Are you following a feed chart that tells what to give in what week? Typically it will call for some N right before the flowering phase. That will help get the plant through its 4 weeks of stretch when you flip without yellowing the plant up. What strain are we growing here anyway? Lol.
I am using the Fox farms grow big right now. I think the flower one is big bloom or tiger bloom. I know not to use tiger bloom. I've read that you use a 1/2 dose what your currently feeding and a 1/2 dose of the new stuff. The strain is Vinilla Kush

Clamup1

Clamup1

The major shifts in weather are playing hell on my grow. I just checked my tent and the temp was 82, low of 72. The rh was 25. The max rh was 91. Leaf temp was on average in the low 80s.
I have a question about the humidity. Does the humidifier have to run all the time, or just when the lights are on? It seams the rh goes up during lights off. If I put the humidifier on the timer with the lights that will keep the rh about where it needs to be.
I was looking at the ac infinity inline comb blue tooth thingy(t4 combo). It looks like it would be right up my ally but I don't have the green for that.
I think she's getting pistols, I forgot to take a pic.

freezeland2

freezeland2

The major shifts in weather are playing hell on my grow. I just checked my tent and the temp was 82, low of 72. The rh was 25. The max rh was 91. Leaf temp was on average in the low 80s.
I have a question about the humidity. Does the humidifier have to run all the time, or just when the lights are on? It seams the rh goes up during lights off. If I put the humidifier on the timer with the lights that will keep the rh about where it needs to be.
I was looking at the ac infinity inline comb blue tooth thingy(t4 combo). It looks like it would be right up my ally but I don't have the green for that.
I think she's getting pistols, I forgot to take a pic.
You most likely can turn the humidifier off at lights off. When the lights go off the plants take their last gasp for the day so to speak as the stomata close. It’s why you are seeing the huge spike. Temps also drop when lights go out further rising the humidity. So when lights go out you have two variables working against you. Do you have a dehumidifier by chance to run with lights off?

Clamup1

Clamup1

Well fuck. The tent temp was 90 when I checked the girl. She didn't look happy. I turned the heater way down and partially opened one of the side vents on the tent. Hopefully she makes it
20230103 173623

20230103 173617

freezeland2

freezeland2

Well fuck. The tent temp was 90 when I checked the girl. She didn't look happy. I turned the heater way down and partially opened one of the side vents on the tent. Hopefully she makes it
View attachment 1316421
View attachment 1316422
That doesn’t look good. You don’t have a controller for that heater? Inkbird has them for pretty cheap. If the humidifier is off turn it on.

Have you watered lately?

Last edited:
Clamup1

Clamup1

It's not due to be watered for another week.
I forgot the other light I put in puts off more heat and I forgot to turn down the heater.
Hopefully she'll recover

TSD

TSD

Yeah 2 weeks is a very long time for a plant that size, I think she's drooping cause she's thirsty, 90 isn't unbearable for them, but that rh is too low for 90 for sure. Watering needs change drastically throughout the life cycle.

Clamup1

Clamup1

Am I watering it bc it's in bad shape or bc it looks like it needs water?
I'm doing a 2 week feeding cycle. Watering it now it won't complete the wet dry cycle
I'm watering with 1/2 gal of water every 2 weeks. No runoff
3 gal bucket

TSD

TSD

You said it has been a week and needs to wait another? 2 weeks is an awful long time. How are you ascertaining the need for water, weight, moisture meter, time alone?

TSD

TSD

Also, that heater is quite close, could be interfering with proper transpiration.... and making your root zone too hot and drying out your soil much faster than previously without the heater there.

Clamup1

Clamup1

You said it has been a week and needs to wait another? 2 weeks is an awful long time. How are you ascertaining the need for water, weight, moisture meter, time alone?
By the end of 2 weeks the leaves start to droop a little and the soil on top pulls away from the side of the bucket. And time
Also, that heater is quite close, could be interfering with proper transpiration.
I didn't think about that. I'll try to find a better place to put it.

TSD

TSD

To my eyes she's currently dying of thirst. You can't just go by days because needs change with growth and environmental fluctuations. Lift the pot when it's dry and when it's saturated and feel the difference in weight. Or drill a hole in the bottom third of your bucket and get a moisture meter. I'd bet money it would read dry af currently.

Top Bottom