3x3 = 1 pound?

• Thread starter Chemotype
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

sfzoo

What can you expect, realistically, from a 2x4 space w/ 600hps? close to a pound?

R

Rolln J

that really depends on the strain, the grower and the setup...

Texas Kid

Texas Kid

Some guy with a light
My Oldman pulled over a lb. off a 600w in a closet, 600w HPS, and a Turbogarden with 6 plants in 2 gallon pots....mixed strains....oh yea, it was his first grow..

Tex

B

been

My Oldman pulled over a lb. off a 600w in a closet, 600w HPS, and a Turbogarden with 6 plants in 2 gallon pots....mixed strains....oh yea, it was his first grow..

Tex

No shiz?... a turbo garden! :character0103:

cheaplastic

cheaplastic

yep 1000 watt - I run hydro - the last OG run I was topfeeding in rockwool using GH 3 part and floralicious.

was awesome stuff!

wow that looks like some straight dank.. forgive me for asking such a noob question but im new to hydro.. By top feeding do u mean hand watering rockwool in trays? or did u configure a drip irragation system?

and how often were they fed daily?

R

Rolln J

wow that looks like some straight dank.. forgive me for asking such a noob question but im new to hydro.. By top feeding do u mean hand watering rockwool in trays? or did u configure a drip irragation system?

and how often were they fed daily?

thx bro! it was - love the OG, I dont build up a tolerance like I do with other weed.

no worries bout the questions mate - here to help!

it was configured like a drip system - sorta

3 rockwool slabs in a 2x4 tray with the cuts I got in 4 inch cubes placed on top of the slabs. then run a drip line to every plant and one in between every plant into the slab.

water schedule was modified lucas 3 times with lights on and once in darkness for 6 minutes.

when your just starting out with this setup, I water twice a day for the first week, then as they progress and grow out I increase the frequency - slabs are very forgiving, if you pump were to croak your would have at least 36 hours before they would start to dry out.

I brought some to a gathering at Oaksterdam U and some of those guys went nuts over it, didnt believe I had grown it in hydro - 2 week handwater flush to waste made a huge difference.

cheaplastic

cheaplastic

thx bro! it was - love the OG, I dont build up a tolerance like I do with other weed.

no worries bout the questions mate - here to help!

it was configured like a drip system - sorta

3 rockwool slabs in a 2x4 tray with the cuts I got in 4 inch cubes placed on top of the slabs. then run a drip line to every plant and one in between every plant into the slab.

water schedule was modified lucas 3 times with lights on and once in darkness for 6 minutes.

when your just starting out with this setup, I water twice a day for the first week, then as they progress and grow out I increase the frequency - slabs are very forgiving, if you pump were to croak your would have at least 36 hours before they would start to dry out.

I brought some to a gathering at Oaksterdam U and some of those guys went nuts over it, didnt believe I had grown it in hydro - 2 week handwater flush to waste made a huge difference.

Wow man thanks alot.. very helpfull :banana1sv6:

O

OHGEE

I pulled down better results on a 3x3 with the (2)600 and 9 plants total per table than anything. I rocked 16 plants in there with a vengence also, all in 2 gallon pots and ebb and flow.

More plants, more problems...

1200w per 9sq.ft rocks for sure but it is alittle more to deal with all the way around, more parts, more heat, less hood options, etc..

Tex

tex do you feel confident about the results of this method w/ a lower yielding strain? IOW nine plants or so of a higher yielding strain vs let's say 30 or so w/a lower yielder? i want to run some that don't hit as well but other wise are still worth having. ECSD i hear ain't huge in yield.

OHGEE

C

captain.koons

tex do you feel confident about the results of this method w/ a lower yielding strain? IOW nine plants or so of a higher yielding strain vs let's say 30 or so w/a lower yielder? i want to run some that don't hit as well but other wise are still worth having. ECSD i hear ain't huge in yield.

OHGEE

TexasKid has made ECSD yield huge in such a setup. I think he said he's run ECSD, Blueberry, Jack Herer, amongst others and got heavy stinking yields in hydro under 1200watt/9sqft.

Texas Kid

Texas Kid

Some guy with a light
I used to pull 7-8 oz drid off of ECSD in closet under a 600w, it will yield like a sombitch.....

30 plant gets to critical mass on the setup and your yield suffers alot. (32) 5.5" pots will fit on a 3x3 but I would only do that to veg, plants just don't do near as well when they are all crambed together.

Yield is about your light and strains not your plant count, what you pull from a setup has very little to do with how many plants are in there, especially in a tent.

Tex

M

Mindbender

Hey Guys,

I'm 45 days into flower with PK clones. 5x5 tent, 4x4 tray, 16 plants, rockwool cubes on top of slaps, 600 watt Lumatek. Veg for 14 days, drip system recycling.

TK is right, the space is very crowded. Not enough light penetration to the lower buds. Should have went with 12 clones instead.

The hope is to get atleast 1/2 elbow. Yield will be increased because I use powder Kool Bloom from GH. They exploded! So light penatration and nukes are key, as well as genetics/strain.

PK is not a heavy yielder. I will post a pic or two later tonight. :emo

Check my progress thus far:

Sept 30th 2009 006
Sept 30th 2009 001
Sept 30th 2009 003
Sept 30th 2009 005
T

TheMiracle

ok lets say 1,000 watts hps vege and flowering in DWC buckets in a 4x4 area? which means what 4 plants in that area or can i put 5? what can i expect doing this? and casey jones strain?

edited: 3x3 is 9 plants right because 1 plant per square foot lol lets learn!

R

Rolln J

ok lets say 1,000 watts hps vege and flowering in DWC buckets in a 4x4 area? which means what 4 plants in that area or can i put 5? what can i expect doing this? and casey jones strain?
!

in dwc buckets you could do 9 under a 1000 light - shoot for a pound your first run and anything over that is gravy - if you go with casey jones and everything goes good (you dont overfeed or let your ph get wack and provide plenty of fresh air or co2) you can easily get 2 lbs from casey (EASILY) just dont veg her too long.

B

burnalot420

Lolipop Genetics
Supporter
hey Mind bender, what is that in the right side of your tent, is it a dehumid. or an a.c or someting else?

M

Mindbender

hey Mind bender, what is that in the right side of your tent, is it a dehumid. or an a.c or someting else?

Its a de-humidifier. I like it because of the low temp operation and the built-in humidistat.

B

burnalot420

Lolipop Genetics
Supporter
the low temp operation,why is that necessary? if its in ur tent?

M

Mindbender

the low temp operation,why is that necessary? if its in ur tent?

It's just an added benefit. I have a dehumid that would not operate effectively below 78 degrees. I have to change it out. Now when I lower temps, to get the purple color, and it's humid, the unit will perform!

C

Cyproz

what breeder makes this casey jones? i have never heard of it but everyone talks of it yielding like crazy

B

burnalot420

Lolipop Genetics
Supporter
oh ok, when you meant low temp i thought u meant way lower than 78

Top Bottom