40' Shipping Container Nanolux Build

• Thread starter Cali clouds
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Cali clouds

Cali clouds

What up farmers. Not sure who cares but I thought I would share. Half way through a build on a 40' container build. Quick rundown on what's going on. First thing was to paint that ugly ass orange thing the first day it showed up. I'm not to sure what those people are thinking when they pick the colors but they sure are ugly.
Actually before it showed up I graded a nice level pad, then ran power and water.
Then 2x4 framing, insulation and green board drywall the whole thing. I hate using the big doors so I fabbed up a nice 7'x36" steel man door to keep the tweakers at bay.
I am always stupid busy and never seem to get to the room when the lights are on so I build small 4x4 entry room with a second door. I also hate opening a room to a grow and having lights beaming outside to the neighbors.
We ran a 100a service to a 100a sub panel inside the room. I just picked up 6 nano d/e's I'm putting on 5' centers. The grow area will be pushed up against one side so I have a 2' walkway the whole way down. I put in 10 fixtures for green led bulbs so working with the lights off is all good.
I have 2-2 ton Fujitsu mini splits going at opposing ends so I shouldn't have any a/c issues even with the co2 generator. Fujitsu kicks ass. 17 seer units and I just got a 1.25 ton for the veg that is 25.3 seer only uses 5 amps.
I build wood sloping sub floors capped with a white PVC paneling that all drains to a gutter and then out the floor. I grow in nursery pots with coco perlite mix drain to waste with top feed sprayers feeding.
I'm working on the irrigation system right now but I'm doing a 100 gallon fresh water rez over a 100 gallon nute rez hooked up to a automated irrigation system using sprinkler valves.
Hopefully I will be up and running in a week or two. If anyone cares about my project I can post some pics.

Keekee

Keekee

Wow coming along great,looks like ya getting right into it.Cant wait to see this room finished.

Keep us updated mate,im turning in.

Smokey503ski

Smokey503ski

Nice room. What nutrients are you going to be using?
Alot of people on here really like Hydroponic Research Veg+Bloom. Priced lower than most and very easy to use. I also get people discounts on here.
That room looks like you put a lot of thought into it. The drainage is a nice feature you built.
Hope you knock it out of the park.

Cali clouds

Cali clouds

Wow coming along great,looks like ya getting right into it.Cant wait to see this room finished.

Keep us updated mate,im turning in.
we have been kicking ass for the last week but this project got put on hold at the end of last year so we are trying to make up for lost time.
Nice room. What nutrients are you going to be using?
Alot of people on here really like Hydroponic Research Veg+Bloom. Priced lower than most and very easy to use. I also get people discounts on here.
That room looks like you put a lot of thought into it. The drainage is a nice feature you built.
Hope you knock it out of the park.
I have been running advanced sensi coco for years. It's definitely not cheap but does good for me. I have also been using emerald harvest 3 part at another place. It seems like a decent product but not enough harvests to have a good average. It is definitely cheaper then advanced.
Hopefully I can get some more done tomorrow. I really want to get some AC going in there it is hot and I'm starring at 4 tons of AC for a 280sf room

Purpletrain

Purpletrain

Your going to find it extremely tight in there once plants are vegged and or in flower did a grow in a 54 foot semi trailer once with using trailers AC unit

Cali clouds

Cali clouds

Your going to find it extremely tight in there once plants are vegged and or in flower did a grow in a 54 foot semi trailer once with using trailers AC unit
It is definitely not a tilt up building but if set up right they can be very productive. I have been running 4 lights in the back half of a 20' container for 6 years.it is not the ideal grow but that room averages 7# I just got 8.5. the new room will just be one long row of lights pushed up against one side. After framing and drywall I have 7' width. That gives me a 5' wide grow are with a 2' walkway and I will still have a 10' up front for rezis and a sink. This place is going to be used just as a flower room, only vegging for 2 weeks or so after bringing the girls from the veg room.
This place is also more secure then any building I have ever been in other then concrete. my master plan is to bounce outa shit hole so cal and I will be walking away from a 25kw building down here so I need something I can get going right away when I get were I want to go. Just call the trucking company move the grow 500 miles and then wire it up and I'm back growing. I can find a new building later. But I know it's not the 2000 SF that I want

Purpletrain

Purpletrain

It is definitely not a tilt up building but if set up right they can be very productive. I have been running 4 lights in the back half of a 20' container for 6 years.it is not the ideal grow but that room averages 7# I just got 8.5. the new room will just be one long row of lights pushed up against one side. After framing and drywall I have 7' width. That gives me a 5' wide grow are with a 2' walkway and I will still have a 10' up front for rezis and a sink. This place is going to be used just as a flower room, only vegging for 2 weeks or so after bringing the girls from the veg room.
This place is also more secure then any building I have ever been in other then concrete. my master plan is to bounce outa shit hole so cal and I will be walking away from a 25kw building down here so I need something I can get going right away when I get were I want to go. Just call the trucking company move the grow 500 miles and then wire it up and I'm back growing. I can find a new building later. But I know it's not the 2000 SF that I want

If it was me what i would do is build towers or more or less run vert lights have a recessed plastic wall with emitters or some sort of flow top to bottom use 3" net pots with drippers run off being catched in a tray where it is sterilized and ran through filters into a storage tank which has valve to control volume it then gets mixed into res tank with auto nutrient injectors solor powered on roof to run pumps and all
so 2 plastic walls on either side on wheels vertical lights and 2500 clones one week veg n flip mean while front or entrance area is clone area and under T5 power for short veg
think about it 4 -5 k 2500 plants even if each plant yielded 4 grams dry do the math :)
find a strain that you can harvest 45 - 60 day mark take clones second week of flower takes about 3 weeks to root under T5 2 - 3 weeks of veg plants are not going to be to big take small cuttings harvest pull out plants throw in plants rez change and flip repeat and so
Oh and invest in wire mesh or netting being on wheels you can move back clean up fronts of plants or move in and look at root structure which you have covered in some sort of black poly :) Genius make rubber socks ot use socks where root structure grows have hooks on top of each hole load plants from behind wall into hole put sock on hook its in place )
Picture 020

Last edited:
Cali clouds

Cali clouds

If it was me what i would do is build towers or more or less run vert lights have a recessed plastic wall with emitters or some sort of flow top to bottom use 3" net pots with drippers run off being catched in a tray where it is sterilized and ran through filters into a storage tank which has valve to control volume it then gets mixed into res tank with auto nutrient injectors solor powered on roof to run pumps and all
so 2 plastic walls on either side on wheels vertical lights and 2500 clones one week veg n flip mean while front or entrance area is clone area and under T5 power for short veg
think about it 4 -5 k 2500 plants even if each plant yielded 4 grams dry do the math :)
find a strain that you can harvest 45 - 60 day mark take clones second week of flower takes about 3 weeks to root under T5 2 - 3 weeks of veg plants are not going to be to big take small cuttings harvest pull out plants throw in plants rez change and flip repeat and so
Oh and invest in wire mesh or netting being on wheels you can move back clean up fronts of plants or move in and look at root structure which you have covered in some sort of black poly :) Genius make rubber socks ot use socks where root structure grows have hooks on top of each hole load plants from behind wall into hole put sock on hook its in place ) View attachment 607313
I don't know were to begin. I have always wanted to do a very grow but never have.
Have you ever built or ran anything like u r describing? To me it sounds like tons of stuff to go wrong, but I know people have good success with very grows.
I have some big mommy's but holy shit 2500 clones is out of my league. I run 6-12 plants per light with a good long veg.
I am a believer in simple is better with hydro setups. Especially on a commercial level. I know this place isn't a warehouse but this not my only place either. I run a harbor freight pressure booster pump hooked to a 100 gallon rezi controlled with a sprinkler timer and sprinkler valves. Top Feed with 2-1/4" red micro sprayers per plant, drain to waste. Super simple, cheap, and tried and true equipment. Problems are easy to troubleshoot. My rezi lasts a week so there is really no need to auto feed. If I can't get off my ass to mix up some nutes once a week and refill a rez then I would be in the wrong biz.
I just rock the plants in 5 gallon nursery pots (more like 3 real gallons) with tomato cages. I can unclip sprayers from spray stakes and move plants quick for lollipopping and thinning water leaf.
And I don't think a good 8 week og exists. If it does I will pay for some of those cuts. If it's not og it doesnt move in so cal

Cali clouds

Cali clouds

You can do it but you have to reinforce the roof and the sides if not in stable material. It is a pain in the ass but it is the best insulation.

Cali clouds

Cali clouds

I seen a guy dig a whole, gunnite the slopes and then build a roof over it and then poured concrete over that. It looked alot better then the one I buried

Cali clouds

Cali clouds

Well work has went to shit again. Today was the first day back this week. We just had to chop the greenhouse. Thank God for twisters we would have been there all month.
So we went to pull the main power wire today, all 240' of it. It went all right till the wire jammed at a sweep and then the conduit broke pulling on that giant shit. Anyhow we pulled back 90' of wire, fixed the conduit and then had to go work in another room.
Maybe Monday I can get the place charged up and kick some light and a/c on. I have to hurry the cuts are rooted going to be time to plant soon.

Top Bottom