4000w Purple Kush, Skywalker, and White Russian Medical Grow

• Thread starter SOGreenThumb
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Crysmatic

Crysmatic

thank you for the advice! i wanted an 18k btu a/c to proof the room against 4 lights...my buddy just wants 3 atm. i'm surprised that you have trouble controlling the heat with air cooled lights. what is your total heat load?

i want an ir thermometer too. what do you do with the measurements? i forget who said it, but when a leaf is photosynthesizing, water evaporates and cools the leaf - it should be a few degrees cooler than ambient. when leaf temp reaches ambient (or higher) it means that photosynthesis has stopped. you'll have to experiment to see how close the light can get without stopping growth.

i just read about your pk on budgenius. how do you go about getting it tested? 18.84% is huge :D white russian claims to be 22%.

S

SOGreenThumb

thank you for the advice! i wanted an 18k btu a/c to proof the room against 4 lights...my buddy just wants 3 atm. i'm surprised that you have trouble controlling the heat with air cooled lights. what is your total heat load?

i want an ir thermometer too. what do you do with the measurements? i forget who said it, but when a leaf is photosynthesizing, water evaporates and cools the leaf - it should be a few degrees cooler than ambient. when leaf temp reaches ambient (or higher) it means that photosynthesis has stopped. you'll have to experiment to see how close the light can get without stopping growth.

i just read about your pk on budgenius. how do you go about getting it tested? 18.84% is huge :D white russian claims to be 22%.

no sure what my total heat load is. the reason im having heat issues is because its already hot where i live at and because i have 2 90degree angles in my ducting. im trying to figure out a way to change it but according to how my room is built its kinda tricky. im probably just going to leave it the way it is until i build my new room which will probably have 8 1k's. but from research ive found that they claim each 1000w is equivalent to 3500BTU. then you need to add in the heat that your dehumidifier will add to the room as well. the IR themometer i got was on sale for $30 at harbor Freight. i dont do much with the measurements. they are just for my own personal knowledge. i just try to keep the canopy from going over a certain temperature. ive never heard that water cools the leaf during photosynthesis. thats new info to me. but i have heard that ambient room temp is not as important as the temperature measured at the canopy or directly on the leaf itself.

to get your flowers tested you just have to call them. they will come and pick it up from you. the cost is $50 per test and they require 1 gram for testing flowers and .5 grams for testing concentrates. 18.84 percent is ok. i wish i knew about them when i finished the batch before that one. im certain it would have tested above 20%. My ultimate goals are 2lb per 1k and 25%THC.

S

SOGreenThumb

pics

took these pitures yesterday. Whtie Russian is coming down today. Everything else will get flushed for 1 more week. They have already been flushed for the past week. enjoy.

Went to hempcon yesterday and saw the vendors from the Nursery where i got my skywalker and white russian clones . They discontinued the skywalker that i got from them because they said they got too many complaints about it being different and not being skywalker. of the variety i have 1 is purple all the way through and has fuller buds. the other is tall taller and has no purple on it at all. found this place at hempthewercshop.com. they can test for terpenes. so if you dont know what a strain is they can test it and give you some idea based on the terpenes.

DSCN0296
DSCN0298
DSCN0299
DSCN0300
DSCN0301
DSCN0302
DSCN0303
DSCN0306
DSCN0307
DSCN0310
DSCN0311
DSCN0312
DSCN0313
DSCN0314
RIVAL79

RIVAL79

Funk Master!
Supporter
Them girls look really good. Congrats on ur harvest. Now enjoy trimming all that fine herb, SOG!

S

SOGreenThumb

everything will be getting tested tomorrow. ill have results in the next few days.

DSCN0330
DSCN0329
DSCN0328
DSCN0327
DSCN0326
DSCN0325
DSCN0324
DSCN0323
DSCN0322
DSCN0319
DSCN0320
DSCN0321
M

Moses249

Your Grow, buds and total yield all were excellent. I would be very proud. I have been running the lucas formula myself for almost two years and would strongly encourage you to completely forget about all other additives, except for cal-mag. On your next round you should just try running the lucas straight up and see if you get the same yields. Obviously you lost a couple of plants due to stem rot, part of that might be from having your rockwool cubes on a coco mat, you might consider just putting them directly on the table, or getting rockwool slabs. My expierience with coco is that oftens gets too wet and is finnicky with salt build up and nutrient absoprtion. I run a very simliar grow so it was very cool to see yours from beggining to end. Best of luck.

DrCALIGREENTHUM

DrCALIGREENTHUM

btw bruda good ass job 5.5lb not freakin bad brotha keep it up
i wouldnt change shit if numbers like comin out from your setup
especially taking out additives?
I dunno why thatd help?lol

S

SOGreenThumb

hey everyone. Hope all had a Merry Christmas and happy new year. ive been gone for a while. not much has changed and i dont really have much going on but i wanted to share 1 thing that a few of you may find interesting. a friend of mine found 2 vials of seeds that he had been saving from the mid 90's. he had lost them and finally found them. of the first 20 seeds only 1 popped and is growing well. the other 30 or so seeds 5 have cracked and are still germinating. i thought for sure there was no way in hell seeds could survive that long...

DowNwithDirT

DowNwithDirT

wtf...Those plants look like they are covered in something and I can't tell what the fuck it is.

Seriously thcfarmer......cool you got 5.g p's doesn't look like I'd smoke it

What the hell am I seeing and is no one else really?

dre8791

dre8791

Hi all. Im new to this site but not new to growing. But here are the details of my grow.

4 Lumatek 1000w HPS in Magnum XXXL hoods
4 4x4 trays
chhc-4 controller
co2 burner
2 70 pint dehumidifiers
15,000 btu air conditioner
1 36" carbon filter
2 vortex 8" inline fans cooling hoods

there will be 36 plants per tray.1 tray will be half white russian and half skywalker. the others will be all PK. i will be posting pictures soon. feel free to ask any questions that you may have...
Beautiful setup indeed!

dre8791

dre8791

update

having an issue with whiteflies right now so i bought some ladybugs. hope they're hungry! i actually got to see 1 eat a whitefly...:banana1sv6: it was awesome. also here are some pics with the lights on. i just took these a few mins ago.
They look amazing!

Latest posts

Top Bottom