44k medical project with Top Dawg, Alien, & OGR

• Thread starter mello
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
mello

mello

Hey Farm Friends,

Decided to restart this thread with a title that would actually attract some attention. We're hoping to get some input on a variety of undetermined details.

Been working hard for a long time. We're now finally putting together the kind of space we've been talking about for years. Let me tell you all a little more....

First off let me state that we are in a mmj friendly state. This is a LEGAL cooperative grow, and we are closely following strict state guidelines.

Anyways, we started with about 3,000 ft2. A concrete shell. Stand alone building.

Our design consists of one 14'x24' veg room with 8400 watts (6 x 1000's and 4 x 600's) and some t5's for baby girls. This will be feeding three 16'x24' flower rooms with 12 x 1000's each. Additionally we have a drying/curing room, a centralized and spacious work area, a garage, a res/nutes/storage room, an office, a shitter, and we're adding a shower.

All grow areas will be sealed tight. Each flower room will have 5 ton's of AC and the veg room will have 4 tons. CO2 burning everywhere.

A couple flicks to show the progress:

The floor plan we're going with:
Proposed floor plan

Roof penetrations for AC units:
Ac penetrations
Veg, dry, and work zones framed up:
Veg dry  work
Flower 1,2, and 3 framed up:
Flower 12  3

So that's the progress as of now. We're on the verge of completing the service upgrade to 400 amps. AC units get dropped in a couple days. Then insulation and drywalling. After that we'll start putting the rooms together.

Each flower room will have four 4'x12' tables on castors with 3k over each table. Each table will hold 10 plants. Will be doing one room in 7 gal's coco blend. One room will most likely be soil. And one will be Hater Buckets x chow mix (shout out to the man Dankworth!)

Been using Soul Synthetics nutes for a while and been very happy with the results. Will definitely be running that in at least one room. Hater Buckets will be getting the custom salts mix. Might even get dumb and give Aptus a run. All will be getting Cap's bennie's. Duh.

Plenty of details are undetermined at this point and we're posting in hopes of getting good ideas from you fellow Farmers.

Some of the questions that are unanswered are what hoods to use. We've been on Magnum's for a while and have been very happy with em. Been hearing good things about Adjust-a-Wings and Luxor's. Also the Growlite OG Verticals. Would love to hear opinions from those with experience.

Still haven't settled on what kind of watering system will be used. I've liked hand watering as it's the safest method. It also forces regular one on one contact with each plant. And some of our members need that;) But at the very least the Hater Buckets will need to be automated.

Fack, there's plenty more that I'm hoping to discuss with you guys but I've gotta run for now.

Cheers to you all.

mello

mello

Updates.

Power upgrade is complete. Now we wait on the city to come by and actually turn us on. So we're without power til that happens.

Fortunately the crane didn't need power:
Crane AC

These are burly units:
AC in

While we complete the build, we have some tester girls from seeds we scooped on the bay. They're about a week into flower. Excuse the shitty phone pics.

Alien Kraken:
Alien Kraken Veg

Alien Astro D:
Alien Astro D Veg

Alien FPOG:
Alien FPOG Veg

Top Dawg Chem Urkle:
Top Dawg Chem Urkle

Top Dawg Star Dawg (not deficient, color just thrown off cause of the light):
Top Dawg Star Dawg

Other than that, we're trying to determine which reflector we should use. Been hearing a lot of good things about the Luxor's and Growlite OG Vertical. Will be doing our own light test on both next week to determine which hood reigns supreme.
Anyone with personal experience using either of these?

Cheers all.

bobby

bobby

Go with AAW Large...the're light and easy to work with, no lenses to clean, and cost effective. A few ideas for you to think about:

1. Get automatic light raisers on winches, so you can easily raise and lower your lights. This will help you avoid lumen shock when you transfer your ladies from your veg room. Raise them at the beginning and end of flower. If you don't want to design one yourself, do a search for "garage gators"
2. For insulation, go with Closed Cell spray foam insulation, found here http://www.touch-n-seal.com/ this will make everything really quiet and odor proof.
3. Use Surface mount electrical and make sure your only room penetrations are through an odor safe area.
4. Create a Negative Pressure room with carbon filter in the foyer where all your doors are, this way, odor leaks will be impossible.
5. Get your reservoirs from Chemtainer, they sell some awesome reservoirs..you can even order custom sizes.
6. Make sure your AC has a low ambient air temperature kit, so they don't freeze up at night.
7. Make sure all your doors open out of the room, to save space in the room.
8. Make a water dam around your rooms, including your doorways, so water never leaks to the neighbors units.
9. Install a sensaphone or growtronix type of system for monitoring your space with sensors and alerts.
10. Work at night to minimize questions from your neighbors.
11. Get an automatic rollup door garage opener, they're less than 2k and will allow you to slip in and out in ninja stealth mode.
12. Turn off your GPS location feature on your phone, if you're taking pics with phones.
13. Dont' be afraid to ask for discounts on everything from everyone. You're commercial now, so you will be buying lots of stuff...a penny saved is a penny earned.
14. Automate your watering, even if it takes a while to design and dial it in, it's worth it. There is a thread here on how Jackmayoffer does his watering...that's one place to start.

Just some random thoughts at the moment....Great build man, way to max out your space!

Bobby

mello

mello

All is progressing smoothly now.
Finished framing and insulating.
Power upgrade is complete, city should be by in the next 48 hours to connect us.
Then we paint and get started on electrical. I wonder if there's a particular type of paint we should use on the walls. Any painters in the house?
Gonna do a reflector test this week. I had my shop order a Growlite OG and a Luxor. We'll be testing those two, plus a Magnum to see which one wins.
I saw the Growlite OG in person and it looks poorly made (in China). The weather stripping was peeling, the glass was a pain in the fucking ass to remove and reinstall, and their were jagged edges all over it.
The Luxor looks really nice. But holy shit it's a beast. The box is laughably big. You could fit a smart car in there. No joke.
All the tester girls are progressing nicely. Bout 3 weeks in. The FPOG and Kraken look and smell great.
No pictures are lame, I know. I just wanted to drop a couple lines here cause I don't wanna leave folk hanging. I'll try to snap a couple asap to post up. Anyone know of an iPhone app that'll allow me to take flicks in the room without them getting washed out in the HID light?

Peace all.

Olyver

Olyver

Looks good Mello. Don't buy any OTS lighting controllers like powerbox, titan, cap, etc. Get a trusted electrician to build your loadcenter and lighting independently. If you can afford it, have the lighting controller built so that each ballast is controlled independently, with it's own relay. A PLC and a few other sensors to control power in case of high temps, smoke, or fire. Inspectors like to see as many safety features as possible, and a flame defender is a must.

Sensaphone is a good product for security and remote monitoring. Also checkout absolute automation, smarthome, controlanything, and supercircuits, you'll find an excellent source of other security equipment and automating.

mello

mello

Looks good Mello. Don't buy any OTS lighting controllers like powerbox, titan, cap, etc. Get a trusted electrician to build your loadcenter and lighting independently. If you can afford it, have the lighting controller built so that each ballast is controlled independently, with it's own relay. A PLC and a few other sensors to control power in case of high temps, smoke, or fire. Inspectors like to see as many safety features as possible, and a flame defender is a must.

Sensaphone is a good product for security and remote monitoring. Also checkout absolute automation, smarthome, controlanything, and supercircuits, you'll find an excellent source of other security equipment and automating.

Thank you Olyver.
Definitely not buying any of the prefab lighting controllers. I will relay the suggestions you made to our electrician so he can incorporate them into the plan. We have PLC as part of our HVAC system and will monitor high temps. Feck, now I'm realizing I don't know if we have anything set up for smoke/fire............. gonna look into that asap. Flame Defender's are good you say?

Olyver

Olyver

Flame defenders are recommended. Use a few smoke and fire detectors through out your growrooms and electrical room. A PLC can handle as many inputs/sensors/triggers and shut off your power in case of any emergency. Kidde smoke and fire detectors can be wired to a module that will act as switch and trigger PLC to shut all ballasts of instantly.

mello

mello

Flame defenders are recommended. Use a few smoke and fire detectors through out your growrooms and electrical room. A PLC can handle as many inputs/sensors/triggers and shut off your power in case of any emergency. Kidde smoke and fire detectors can be wired to a module that will act as switch and trigger PLC to shut all ballasts of instantly.
Awesome. Love these tips Olyver. I'll be doing some additional research on what our current PLC will be able to handle and how to integrate some of your suggestions. Good lookin out man.

Top Bottom