Status
Not open for further replies.
G

ganjherbsmoke

im not doubtin ya man theres lots of grows that size and bigger in co
they dont post much but id love to see the show

CelticEBE

CelticEBE

We aren't haters, just find it funny that someone who has done a 120kw grow doesnt have these answers. I still consider myself a relative NOOB, I'm on my 4th run and I know that a 220v ballast draws 5 amps. So simple math is gonna tell you how many amps you need to have available. I also remember reading, before I even started growing, that each gallon of media is equal to a foot of growth. 3 gallon pot = 3 foot plant. But I also realize that genetics play a part in this.

If you're going to start with 150kw on a flip flop, I'd be damn afraid that venting the room isn't going to cut it as far as cooling goes. Seriously, your talking about over half a million BTU's per hour.

We aren't here to hold your hand. IMHO if you have the equipment to light up 150kw, all this basic shit you are asking about.....should be common knowledge to you. If it isn't....then perhaps you may be biting off more than you can chew.

just sayin.....

Nobodynobody

Nobodynobody

WOW use Farmer are HI.

Flip flops may be the way to use less size for power needs.
HVAC some split types 13seer. 5ton=15x1000w Do the math of 1ton=12,000btu
Underground wire all the way.
3phase and to have splits to bring it back to a single phase 220v service. That will help the power needs.
Ton of slaves and a trimmer...

This topic is almost as crazy as my idea last year.
Came across 143AC land that is far from everyone.4 $85k
To go out their with 99plant x 300g smart pots and few 500G brewers. and bigger Res for RO from some online shop.

Oh wait. Thats right, I am only a single person and dont have that kind of deep pocket. to even think about cim cost or making my soil mix.....

Dr.stickerdick

Dr.stickerdick

Three phase 480 v, 1000 w use about 2.4 amp will probably need minimum 2000 amp service or bigger , you'll need the power company involved most likely. Better have DEEP pockets, $ $ $ $

B

Barnboy

So three phase 480 is best. That's what I needed to here to further advise the electrician

I know that a ballast draws 5amps at 220. That wasn't the question. I wanted some expertise on bringing in the proper power for 150kw of flowering flip flop with a veg room... I needed to know whether single or 3phase is best for my ballasts and to wire accordingly.

Understand that in not well versed in electrical when it comes to bringing in a customized service.

I've always worked with what I had in buildings either large or small.

I've always wired my own systems together but worked within the parameters that the existing building offered.

Not asking for someone to"hold my hand" ...looking for sound advice on bringing in most efficient power for my application

Biting off more than I can chew is doing this project without asking questions to certain questions I don't have proper answers to. My electrician is a master electrician, he does not have experience with ballasts. This is why I'm asking questions for opinions on best possible options so he takes out proper permits for my specific applications.

B

blackcat

I'm not sure what the deal is with bringing 3phase power into an existing commercial building. That might be a pretty involved approach but definitely worth investigating seriously as it will save you amp draw on your ballasts. Also commercial a/c units of the size you will need are generally more available in 208v setup.

B

Barnboy

Anyone here have experience working with ventilation system of a chicken barn?

Nobodynobody

Nobodynobody

Most lights for are needs are meant for 220v single phase. This is why i said your going to need split on the 3phase to bring it back to something usable to what you have laying around. Not many people have 3phase light controllers or lights running that either. You might want to look into SolidStateRelayer vs FlipLightControlers. SSR ramp up the volts so you do not have this power spike of 600v going to your 220v lights. Or even powerbox inc. has light controller that turns one light at a time to the whole room.

also make sure you do not pull more then 75% of the power for each item you have plug in to. Including wireing. For this big of a room. your going to need to worry about cirutmils. up the wire size for long runs so the wire will not melt trying to keep the same power at the end of the run. anything over 120v, your going to not want to use wire nuts or cut into the wire. You will lost volts every spot the wire is screwed up and fixed.

Not sure what else to say to something this big. umm might want to look into capacitors so help with power spikes and life on all your gear. Pay your bill on time and dont steal. Maybe get back up gen so you can keep everything going but the lights when the power gos out...

convex

convex

Majority of mag ballasts are multi tap ... accommodating single and 3 phase applications.

jimmyhoffa59

jimmyhoffa59

Do not mean to disrespect but your talking some major power involvement that will clearly get you flagged.

http://i37.invalid.com/albums/e59/ufntool/pics-or-it-didnt-happen.jpg

Nobodynobody

Nobodynobody

i want a few of these

woota! i want a few too. Wonder what these thing cost and what is needed to keep them happy.

I also only have owned digital 1k lamps. Never been in side old school ones.....

DeRail

DeRail

So three phase 480 is best. That's what I needed to here to further advise the electrician QUOTE]

If I were you I would look in to coming off a transmission line with 4160 and going to a transformer that would be your best bet for the power you need.
You will need to hire a engineer for that amount of power and some major switchgear set and engineered for you .500K minimum

My electrician is a master electrician, he does not have experience with ballasts. This is why I'm asking questions for opinions on best possible options so he takes out proper permits for my specific applications.

You need another electrician if he doesn't have experience with ballasts he is no master or a electrician of and kind I have been a electrician for 24 years and have worked on everything from powerhouses to shopping malls.

I am calling BS on this whole thing.

Camdawg

Camdawg

....so you gonna put the sun in a chicken barn and prey it doesn't burn down?

P

primeform

wow lock this obvious TROLL thread already. I mean seriously 125 lights and 75 plants? This guy has no idea what he is talking about let alone being able to post a single picture. Hes not computer savy? If you cant figure out how to post a pic bro why are you trying to run this much juice? suicide. You come to an internet sight for ELECTRICAL HELP on a project like this? Go hire a professional electrician and an advisor with half a brain because you need serious help. This guy is obviously NOT winning.

Charlie Sheen

P

primeform

Ok gonna humor this guy for the sake of boredom. The largest box Ive seen installed on a unit without signifigant power upgrades from the company is 400 amps. 64 1000w lights would be about 320 amps plus you need to have a coushin. Not leaving yourself with much power for anything else but lets say its possible. Now lets say your going to run Double D method with verticle lights. If you ran 5 foot spacing between each plant and each light you could do 7 wide by 18 long rows of lights and plants. That would be 64 lights and 64 plants. Now you could run 2 rooms this size on a flip box flowering with the same amount of power. So hypothetically you could have 128 flowering hoods in 2 rooms size 40 x 100 with a 400 amp service.

B

Barnboy

wow lock this obvious TROLL thread already. I mean seriously 125 lights and 75 plants? This guy has no idea what he is talking about let alone being able to post a single picture. Hes not computer savy? If you cant figure out how to post a pic bro why are you trying to run this much juice? suicide. You come to an internet sight for ELECTRICAL HELP on a project like this? Go hire a professional electrician and an advisor with half a brain because you need serious help. This guy is obviously NOT winning.

Charlie Sheen

Hey brotha I guess not posting a pic or spending my countless hours on forum boards makes me a prime candidate for failure.?

Running vertical lights checkerboard and on the outside of the rows is not knowing what I'm talking about? So I guess 125-150 lights on 75 plants is half brained eh

I seen many guys with much smaller system put this ratio of lights on their plants with outstanding success.

I got an electrician, yes, 30years experience. No does not wire systems for a living

I ask people with electrical experience for opinion, not gospel.

Anyhow. You must be a very smart man with all that computer savvy and I wish you the best of success posting all those pics in the future.

Thanks too all those who are actually being helpful with real expertise.

FLB

FLB

three phase is your answer...Your electrician should know this. Smaller wires and everything will run alot cooler. And yes....you will have to contact your power company for that much power. On a brighter note, a lot of power companies will run you service too your property for no charge if they know your going to be consuming a lot of power.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom