450kw large medi grow....chicken barn

• Thread starter Barnboy
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
B

Barnboy

"calling bullshit on the whole thing"???

Lol, I guess u guys seen a lot of shit being spewed on this board. Just because I ask for many different opinions about electrical doesn't mean it's a pipe dream.

My electrician will be looking at site in a few days. Yes, I don't have extensive knowledge on new electrical service. This is why I ask opinions, then present opinions to electrician who is very qualified.

No pics, no believe eh?

B

Barnboy

three phase is your answer...Your electrician should know this. Smaller wires and everything will run alot cooler. And yes....you will have to contact your power company for that much power. On a brighter note, a lot of power companies will run you service too your property for no charge if they know your going to be consuming a lot of power.

Your above statement about running the service for free.....have u seen or heard of this happening in Canada? I will be seeing electrician within a few days...

FLB

FLB

Not in Canada, but it would be no different. Just call and talk to someone in management at the power co. A engineer will have to get on board to design all the switchgear. Have all your calc's for consumption at hand to give them and you will be suprised at what they will be willing to do.

B

Barnboy

Not in Canada, but it would be no different. Just call and talk to someone in management at the power co. A engineer will have to get on board to design all the switchgear. Have all your calc's for consumption at hand to give them and you will be suprised at what they will be willing to do.

Thanks for the advice brotha, that should save me nice dollars.

convex

convex

You may want to contact nowirenuts.ca to help in your power assessment.

Cheers

B

Barnboy

wow lock this obvious TROLL thread already. I mean seriously 125 lights and 75 plants? This guy has no idea what he is talking about let alone being able to post a single picture. Hes not computer savy? If you cant figure out how to post a pic bro why are you trying to run this much juice? suicide. You come to an internet sight for ELECTRICAL HELP on a project like this? Go hire a professional electrician and an advisor with half a brain because you need serious help. This guy is obviously NOT winning.

Charlie Sheen

Omg I actually almost got worked up about your commentary about me not posting any pics, so here I go looking in your statistics to view your incredible portfolio of pics that u must have.....zero?

None posted?lol

Ok, me being a newbie on the site I just learned very quickly to not take criticisms from guys like u to heart.

Thanks for the lesson in life. Thank god it was early in my new "forum posting" days

convex

convex

Their business is lighting distribution systems, custom orders in Canada.

B

Barnboy

So first floor of barn will have walls sheeted with plywood with multiple steel doors for security.

Any recommendations on security alarms to outfit the doors or the corridors? I'm going to make it so there is one possible entrance/exit point. In the past I used a steel door with mag lock on a remote control to disable. Also interested on foggers for security or any new devices that will stall or stop potential thieves before police arrive on site.

Any recommendations on new or old security measures? Aside from a few angry dogs?lol.

Seriously I need good cost effective suggestions on alarms, foggers, or anything that is realistic and safe.(no booby trap suggestions )

W

weedfarm

Here is the deal

your questions are SO FUCKING BASIC

You should already KNOW that the electrical demand is going to be HUGE. From what you have posted, your electrician is not qualified to do this. As I have learned, not all electricians can design and engineer systems like this.

Using the existing venting from the chicken farm? for real? The heat load from 150KW of lighting is going to be a hell of a lot more than what the exhaust system was designed fore. Simply, it wont remove air fast enough

3 phase? I do not have alot of experience in commercial areas but I would think that any service of 1000+ amps would be 3 phase

I am pretty sure you cant get 220 from 480 w/o the use of a transformer

I set up and ran a 50 lighter and pretty much designed the whole setup from the expeieince I already had.

If I was already running a 120 lighter, a 450 step up would be easy

The questions you ask are so basic, it just seems like they are being asked by someone dreaming with no experience...

I hope you prove us wrong

B

Barnboy

Here is the deal

your questions are SO FUCKING BASIC

You should already KNOW that the electrical demand is going to be HUGE. From what you have posted, your electrician is not qualified to do this. As I have learned, not all electricians can design and engineer systems like this.

Using the existing venting from the chicken farm? for real? The heat load from 150KW of lighting is going to be a hell of a lot more than what the exhaust system was designed fore. Simply, it wont remove air fast enough

3 phase? I do not have alot of experience in commercial areas but I would think that any service of 1000+ amps would be 3 phase

I am pretty sure you cant get 220 from 480 w/o the use of a transformer

I set up and ran a 50 lighter and pretty much designed the whole setup from the expeieince I already had.

If I was already running a 120 lighter, a 450 step up would be easy

The questions you ask are so basic, it just seems like they are being asked by someone dreaming with no experience...

I hope you prove us wrong

Like I said in previous post, I will be downsizing amount of lights to accommodate the summer months.

I was in a commercial building with the 120 lighter. Power was already there.

Like I said my electrician will be there in a few days to see what power needs are required.

I'm possibly using venting from barn in combination with the ventilation I would normally use in my past projects.

I'm very happy that u were able to set up ur 50 lighter all by yourself. Well done.

My electrician will set up permits and proper power supply to the site thru hydro company.

I will concentrate on maximizing yield.

Not a dreamer, just a guy who locked up the lease, ready for set up and wanting to hear from experienced people with real world experience in proper power supply.

I'm a person with open ears.

This is not a dream, it's a reality.

Yes maybe basic questions to some, not to me. Offer advice. I understand u might be cynical. I've always worked with what was on site. I don't want to go backwards with this one. I would rather go overkill with power for room for expansion.

B

Barnboy

Also in the past my electricians would tell me what the safe maximum draw is for each existing panel that I worked off of. I would design and build the room from that point forward...

W

weedfarm

what is the budget?

What is the current service? Volts? Amps?

We need more details before we can advise.

If you have the budget and are legal, is not that hard.

figure out your requirements, then hire the people to get it done

B

Barnboy

what is the budget?

What is the current service? Volts? Amps?

We need more details before we can advise.

If you have the budget and are legal, is not that hard.

figure out your requirements, then hire the people to get it done

Budget is whatever it takes to bring the proper power in.

Electrician will look over current service within 2days.

I didn't bother even looking at it carefully yet because I knew we would have to bring in much more. I will leave that to the electrician

The location and building is perfect. The landlord is a forward thinker and willing to invest money to upgrade the current heating system from the current oil to natural gas.

My past bigger systems have always had location issues. This one seems to fit the bill perfectly

This now being a legal set up, the biggest cost will be electrical upgrades

This is why I'm asking many questions be it basic or not.

B

Barnboy

Brotha maybe I'm not choosing my words correctly. Of course he does wiring, of course he's worked with ballasts. He get very large commercial contracts steady. I meant he doesn't wire up medical grow ops like some guys might specialize in.

W

weedfarm

Brotha maybe I'm not choosing my words correctly. Of course he does wiring, of course he's worked with ballasts. He get very large commercial contracts steady. I meant he doesn't wire up medical grow ops like some guys might specialize in.

well that is understandable...

not trying to be an ass but when you said he didnt do wiring and ballasts, I am like WTF. That is 90% of the work in a grow op !!!

The power you need will be huge, make sure he knows what he is doing

B

Barnboy

So first floor of barn will have walls sheeted with plywood with multiple steel doors for security.

Any recommendations on security alarms to outfit the doors or the corridors? I'm going to make it so there is one possible entrance/exit point. In the past I used a steel door with mag lock on a remote control to disable. Also interested on foggers for security or any new devices that will stall or stop potential thieves before police arrive on site.

Any recommendations on new or old security measures? Aside from a few angry dogs?lol.

Seriously I need good cost effective suggestions on alarms, foggers, or anything that is realistic and safe.(no booby trap suggestions )

Any suggestions to above?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom