5x5 Corner-to-Corner Solo Cup Run

• Thread starter Observationist
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
LJBB

LJBB

I’m pretty sure I have a bottle of ph down I can send you if you want I bought it over the summer and never needed it. Pm me
Ole Man’s opinion for Ph down is get Growmore flowering CalMag with no N and make the ladies engines redline! All the way through stretch then slowly replace CalNit with the same flowering CalMag until CalNit is outta the mix by the last week! I’m old though!

Peace out,

LJ

Observationist

Observationist

Ole Man’s opinion for Ph down is get Growmore flowering CalMag with no N and make the ladies engines redline! All the way through stretch then slowly replace CalNit with the same flowering CalMag until CalNit is outta the mix by the last week! I’m old though!

Peace out,

LJ
Something went wrong with the link, otherwise I'll look into it, thanks for the tip.

I do like having seperate control over it though.

Observationist

Observationist

That one in the very back like dead center is just a slow roller huh? Ive been watching that one since buds started to form and shes just sluggin along lol. Looks very sativa dominant too.
Indeed, I think it's because the light is right over that one, sorry missed this, too intense so it's struggling.

Observationist

Observationist

Those buds are looking fantastic bro, lmk if you need help smoking all that, ill gladly come help 🤣
Hahaha, missed a few of these my bad.

Some do look really decent, I'll use gf phones for bud pics as closer to end

Observationist

Observationist

Hey, How much of you're 5x5 are you covering now? You are about 1 week ahead of me in flower and I've a Scrog set up filling 5x3 of my 5x5 with 5 plants holding 19 gallons of soil all together. I just realized we have a similar grow going except for the fact you had 196 plants at the start...lol....

I read a while back you used 10 g as an assumption of weight per plant....it'll be interesting to see how that works out....

I have no idea of weight I grow I just bag/ jar then smoke but I estimated on 1 grow I had about 4-5 oz per plant x 5 plants on this grow that is about 1.5 lbs although 2 of my girls this time have vegged for 5+ months it might not be a fair comparison.

I just tried to count my bud sites but its early and I got lost and gave up but we're close to even on that too I think......
Haha, I'll come check it out again, I was thinking average about 5g/plant

Harpua88

Harpua88

Supporter
Pushing em, seeing how they'll respond, maybe produce more resins/cannabinoids to defend from intensity.

I may have turned it down a little too much at one point so we shall see
Yep. Kinda what I thought. You already know I dig the kinds of things that happen with extra ripening time. :)

I haven't done any real experimenting with light changes around harvest time, other than going to 10/14 for the last week, and I couldn't tell if that helped or not. I'm definitely curious about anything that can have a good impact. Of course, it's hard to tell what results there could be because there also the passage of time going on, and that could be the most important factor.

Are you in the UVB camp?

Observationist

Observationist

Yep. Kinda what I thought. You already know I dig the kinds of things that happen with extra ripening time. :)

I haven't done any real experimenting with light changes around harvest time, other than going to 10/14 for the last week, and I couldn't tell if that helped or not. I'm definitely curious about anything that can have a good impact.
There's a video of Bruce bugbee talking about it I'd have to find it.

Dirtbag did I think 18 hours for the last two weeks, I could be wrong
Are you in the UVB camp?
I would like to play around with it.
UVA+UVB

In theory it should trigger something, but it also may be strain dependent, but either way would be cool to do a controlled experiment with it.

Hell I'd even mess around with UVC for mere seconds, Just to see for my self.

fried plant, lol.

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
There's a video of Bruce bugbee talking about it I'd have to find it.

Dirtbag did I think 18 hours for the last two weeks, I could be wrong

I would like to play around with it.
UVA+UVB

In theory it should trigger something, but it also may be strain dependent, but either way would be cool to do a controlled experiment with it.

Hell I'd even mess around with UVC for mere seconds, Just to see for my self.

fried plant, lol.
I've been told by a pro grower that they will bump their Photo flowering hours up at the end of the plants cycle to 18hrs per day for 7 - 10 days to improve poorly performing plants. He said to watch closely after 7 days because some can start to reveg after 7 and you don't want that. I tried it and I didn't have a control plant to see if it did anything or not but it didn't hurt them.

Observationist

Observationist

I've been told by a pro grower that they will bump their Photo flowering hours up at the end of the plants cycle to 18hrs per day for 7 - 10 days to improve poorly performing plants. He said to watch closely after 7 days because some can start to reveg after 7 and you don't want that. I tried it and I didn't have a control plant to see if it did anything or not but it didn't hurt them.
Ah interesting

Would suck to reveg lol

Observationist

Observationist

I've been following this thread awhile and I just wanted to say nice job on a crazy grow. Are you going to do it again? Lol
If I had a shelf midway I could fit 420 plants..

🧐

420*7=2940 = 6.56lb
2940/25sqft = 117.6g/sqft

420*5=2100 = 4.68lb
2100/25sqft = 84g/sqft

If 7g/plant
If 5g/pant

What's a good # per/sqft ?

@Aqua Man

Last edited:
Top Bottom