5x5 Corner-to-Corner Solo Cup Run

• Thread starter Observationist
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Observationist

Observationist

Any grow that creates an optical illusion when you scroll past the images is bound to be madness.

I had some free time at work; figured I'd take some work off your hands with illustrating a possible drip line setup:
obsog.png

I'd think with the small solo cup diameter, it'd probably be hell to try to loop the drip line along. Maybe I'm wrong there.
It'd also be hell to cut and hook up tees and emitters to each individual cup, but you'd probably see it staying in place more since you wouldn't have all that tension in the tight loops.

Getting the right GPH is gonna be a whole other endeavor

Also I don't know the exact difference between gardening rockwool and insulation rockwool, but damn if it would be an interesting experiment to throw down a few batts of insulation rockwool under all those cups and let them have at it.
00733401.jpg

This is what I'm currently laying down in my attic. Each batt is ~7" thick; 24x48. It honestly seems compressed about the same as gardening rockwool and, as far as I know, there is nothing added to the process for insulation. I dunno. Some food for thought.
Helps a lot with how much I need

Observationist

Observationist

This plant has the fattest nugs I’ve grown I think, besides outside that one time

Happy with this one

I’ve been putting her outside at night 60f - bringing out colors

Observationist

Observationist

Yup thats prob a good idea… if you can keep them watered enough the growth could be as good maybe better than hydro but i kinda feel the time its going to take them to mature will be to long to sustain enough media for root mass. The will likely bust out of the cups.

But hey this is going to be a great learning experience any which way. Clones id say you may pull it off but i think you have some up potting in the future or other means of getting a bit more space for the root mass you will see by the end.
It’ll work one way or another lol

beluga

beluga

I dont know how the drip line will lay with the cups was thinking about some little
Plastic clips to connect to the cup and cable but it’s just so small and flimsy

We’ll have to try it and see, maybe support it
Clips were my thought as well. If you do end up with rockwool, you'll then be able to just stake it right into the substrate.
The bottom tent cover is my tray for now lol
That's where I concern myself about mold. I dunno what kinda surface you have under that tent, but there's a good chance it'll harbor mold just from the condensation that gathers on the side opposite the floor of the tent. And sanitizing agents may only do so much to act through that tent barrier.
Helps a lot with how much I need
Lol yeah, I started off with thinking, 'how the hell much drip line would that even be?', so I mapped it out to scale.
I was amazed how close it came to 100ft.

Observationist

Observationist

Clips were my thought as well. If you do end up with rockwool, you'll then be able to just stake it right into the substrate.

That's where I concern myself about mold. I dunno what kinda surface you have under that tent, but there's a good chance it'll harbor mold just from the condensation that gathers on the side opposite the floor of the tent. And sanitizing agents may only do so much to act through that tent barrier.

Lol yeah, I started off with thinking, 'how the hell much drip line would that even be?', so I mapped it out to scale.
I was amazed how close it came to 100ft.
100/250ft roll for 10/20$ on amazom

Observationist

Observationist

Any cups that aren’t sprouted; dropped more fuckin seeds

Anyone back up rockwool insulation as medium compared to agriculture rockwool??

Observationist

Observationist

That's what I was looking for. Ty.
Soo, mineral waste residue huh?

Rinse it and check for ppm? Lol

Otherwise finding rockwool sheets is seemingly difficult

Maybe just fill it up with hydroton
That would be a fuckin pain

Last edited:
Nesta028

Nesta028

1. We need a video of you watering all those cups!
2. Check out what @BehindEnemyLines is doing with his soil ebb/flow tray. Might be a solution for you if you cut the bottom of the cups off.

Stay at it my man!

Observationist

Observationist

1. We need a video of you watering all those cups!
2. Check out what @BehindEnemyLines is doing with his soil ebb/flow tray. Might be a solution for you if you cut the bottom of the cups off.

Stay at it my man!
Haha, I’ll set it up when I get home tonight

Observationist

Observationist

Any grow that creates an optical illusion when you scroll past the images is bound to be madness.

I had some free time at work; figured I'd take some work off your hands with illustrating a possible drip line setup:
obsog.png

I'd think with the small solo cup diameter, it'd probably be hell to try to loop the drip line along. Maybe I'm wrong there.
It'd also be hell to cut and hook up tees and emitters to each individual cup, but you'd probably see it staying in place more since you wouldn't have all that tension in the tight loops.

Getting the right GPH is gonna be a whole other endeavor

Also I don't know the exact difference between gardening rockwool and insulation rockwool, but damn if it would be an interesting experiment to throw down a few batts of insulation rockwool under all those cups and let them have at it.
00733401.jpg

This is what I'm currently laying down in my attic. Each batt is ~7" thick; 24x48. It honestly seems compressed about the same as gardening rockwool and, as far as I know, there is nothing added to the process for insulation. I dunno. Some food for thought.
Yeah wondering if I just poke pinholes in the line over each cup instead of ducking with 200pc rope o”sprouts

Latest posts

Top Bottom