600w vs 1000w

• Thread starter Jellybean
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
J

jaybudding

I have always ran 600w lighting! But I am switching up to 1000w! I will update what I find! And where you got that REAL PRO BS is beyond me don't know why you even chimed in with a sentence that ment nothing! @badmf

B

Bozzo46

dimmable ballasts don't require a corresponding bulb to the wattage output. also they will only run th wattage their set at. ie even tho its a 1k ballast with it set at 400w its only pulling 400 watts. i know this cause i've tested it with an ammeter. which is a meter that measures amps. hooked the meter around the live and fiddled with the adjustments starting at 400 watts and increased incrementally and as i dialed up teh wattage teh amps corresponded. i just want to put this out there as im seeing soo much misinformation about dimmable ballasts. also ive read about spectrum changing wavelength. not true. the wavelength is determined by the bulb. the wattage determines how much power gets to the bulb. the bulb will still operate the same just not as bright as there is not the same amount of power reaching it.

that aside...

since your only running a 4x4 area and 1 light, moving up to a 1k is definitely what you should do. conversely tho. 2 600's would double your light footprint and only for an extra 200 watts.

i just went from a 8x10 room with 3 1k's to the same 8x10 room with the 4 6's and then a 5x 10 room with another 2 600's. im so confident my yield will increase i'd bet the farm, as tehy say.
Just curious about what kind of hoods or reflectors if any, are/we’re you using for the 8x10 rooms?

BobaJob

BobaJob

Might be a little off topic but I pulled just under 16oz off off a 600w on my 2nd grow and I had all sorts of issues along the way (PH, gnats, over fed under fed) and I only vegged for 4 weeks. Flowrs were frosty as f**k! and the smoke was PUKKA and smashed me (still is as we speak)... anyway my point is about this duel spec thing. Did anybody in here know that the Omega duel spec lamps are duel arc? Look inside the lamp you will see that. one thin and one think but you don't see any blue light from them AND they actually give off UV too! Look at their website you'll see. I can tell you for fact they are the dog's bollocks lights! My plants were all really short with TIGHT inter-node spacing and bushy as feck! parabolic shade with a omega duel spec and you're laughing... whatever you decide to go with, make sure you get omega digi pro and the duel spec super lumin set up you will not regret it!

DreamwalkerJ

DreamwalkerJ

For efficiency, 600s are best. 2 600s covering the same area as a 1000 will not have as deep of foliar penetration however the greater angles of light are a bonus, also you can overlsp the outer edges of the 600s so that they maintain an even footprint all the way through. Personally i use 1000s but my setup is sligtly different than the average one. Because 600s also put out less heat per watt, the plants can get closer.

Top Bottom