6k WHITE FIRE, and CHEM4 showdown!!!!!

• Thread starter brotherlewrl
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
brotherlewrl

brotherlewrl

here they are 5 days into flower. The lights just went out, this must be normal with the droop?? they were perky as hell last night, then got a light feed and now they look like they are sleeping?? if this is normal let me know. Funny i just recently got the green light headlamp, so for the longest time i didnt know what they looked like sleeping.

IMG 2692
GrowMaster

GrowMaster

Ya bro thats normal, the plants are shutting down and resting for a while thats all, go in there before lights come on and they will be standing up and ready......GM

brotherlewrl

brotherlewrl

GM- thanks i was getting a bit worried for a second there. the white fires are off the hook though, such vigerous growers! Im really hoping these ladies will keep up the good looks.

skwirlgirl

skwirlgirl

Looks exactly like my garden 'bout 3 years ago..same deal 6 inchers on cocomat..same strain Chemdog #4...same exact trellis. I still have 4 freinds who are doing that exact same set up and with Chemdog #4 but they use stacked 3x3' trays...they all rock too. Myself I got tired of buying coco mat and those blox but I wouldn't hesitate to go back 'cause it was a no brainer

Yeah you got a pretty good droop. It's early in flowering...wait till' later and they won't droop so much and eventually they won't droop at all at lights out. It freaked you out right? ahahaha...me too the first time...panic in detroit:)..

That Chemdog #4 should blow right through that trellis..if its the real Chemdog #4..kinda def looks like it by the pics.

Someone earlier said to 'cover' the trays..well that's what the coco mat does so I say don't bother. 250 crops I've seen done that/your way and not one of them had 'covers' and all have averaged 1.5 per light..sometimes better.

There's always a crazy root mass under the mat too...just freekin' massive. The cubes become just 'containers' once the roots explode...If done' right there should be ONE BIG ROOT MASS under there

Just don't go crazy watering all the time. If your trays are level than they should sip off the 'runnel' left over nutes'.

Clean job brotherlerwl..I'm s'cribed

brotherlewrl

brotherlewrl

SKIRLGIRL- thanks for taken a look, i have run this Chemdog #4 a couple rounds now, she really blows up around day 45-50, thats when she starts to get huge. As for the White fire, we shall see what she can do. The coco mat seems to be working perfect this round, i totally see what you mean by not watering too much, in the past i could never get good root growth with the mats, this time im watering less and ive looked under the mats and they are going fkn crazy, super white hairy roots, looks like there gonna create one big mass under there! thanks a lot for taken a look, and feel free to give any advice youve got! So far the best i have done is 1.5 units under a 1000watt, i would be really happy to hit that every time!

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
yeah my white fire looks likes to get soft like that when its nap time

subbed and looking forward to the results of the show down

skwirlgirl

skwirlgirl

yep day 50. Im actually on my last Chemdog #4 run here (after nearly 4 years of Chem runs ) and bout day 50 and as usual they started to puff up

...gonna go with some Urkles and Sweet's for a while..and strangely enough I'm goin from 3x3's to 4 x 8's...hmmm...haha..seriously I'll keep an eye on this thread since it's the 1st one like my old way I've ever seen online

brotherlewrl

brotherlewrl

MOTHERLODE- thanks for taking a look, yah i was kinda worried bout her for a minute there, seen some of your grows on here for a while, always keep me working to get better.

SKIRWLGIRL- Ya, i started out doing grows this way, then once i started looking on the farm here i totally tried to change things around. Not a good idea for me, i lost all my skills, and really fucked everything up for like 8 months.I for some reason wanted to copy all these big bush growers on here, they were able to do what i wasnt. Two rounds ago, i told myself i have to go back to what gets the results. This system is pretty awesome, it always does pretty good, i know there are always ways to adjust little things and improve quality and yield, but from now on im gonna do it from this sytem. Next run im gonna try and lay coco mat, then 6x6 rockwools, then put coco mat ontop of the cubes, trying to block the light from the roots. I feel this couldnt do any hurt, and logically speaking it should allow for a lot more root growth! LEt me knwo what you think, or if ya got any tricks i could try?

skwirlgirl

skwirlgirl

not sure why you'd put coco on the cubes. Try little squares of panda white side up.

tricks?

Ok here's one>

..try stacking a 4" cube on the 6" cube. Use mini shiska bob sticks (Safeway for cheep') to keep the 2 cubes together...and the 1/4" line feeding from the top of the 4" cube..cost more but the results can be impressive..

That's how the boys are doin it. There's 4 of them and ALL of them are doing it this way.

If they read this I'm toast haha...

brotherlewrl

brotherlewrl

Skwirlgirl
the coco was to cover the whole tray, like if i were to put plastic over everything, check GTD's "greenthumbdannys" grows, he covers the whole tray once the cubes are in the tray, then puts the plants in after. I guess the coco mat would be the same idea, just breaths better. As for 4in ontop of 6inch cubes, ive thought of doing this before, the only problem is ive had problems in the past with drip feed. But im still considering it! thanks for the help

skwirlgirl

skwirlgirl

uhh so wait a minute..how are you feeding ebb and flow?

OK I see..do you get roots on top of the mats?. When we do it we cover the ENTIRE TRAY and then pop in the blocks.

That way the roots are completely covered.. I see now that you have used strips of coco. So YES it's a fabulous idea to cover the entire tray..

We feed via 550 ghp pumps into 1/2"...then off of those we have 1/4" lines to the top of each block.

We've never had a problem with plugged lines. We use open 1/4" lines with NO restrictors and with a big pump them never clog.

If we feed right the coco never gets too wet..which in turn promotes roots to 'search' more + the mats don't algae up early on before the canopy forms

brotherlewrl

brotherlewrl

SKWILGIRL- ya im feeding flood and drain right now. Last run i did top feed drip, i just dont really like doin g the drip on this scale of grow, so many drippers that could get clogged up. Ive noticed that this run i dont have to feed all that much, 1 time every 2-3 days or so, they have just flipped so im expecting to feed more in the future. Im also running my co2 at 1200 ppm right now so they should start to feed abit more heavy!

skwirlgirl

skwirlgirl

yeah I'm with ya there. Part of the reason I quit the whole deal was all the irrigation was irritating..:)..AND I've always been a flood table fan too. It's too easy to clean and not much to replace at harvest.

I just never flooded cocomat. Another freind tried it but he was flooding too often and it all went south

brotherlewrl

brotherlewrl

it seems to me as long as you dont over flood the mats or the rockwool then the roots start to take off. The last couple times i tried the mat i was flooding too much and the roots never grew well into the mat. This time i only flood about once per 2-3 days and the roots are getting huge under the mat, im hoping to end up with one giant rootball under the mat! we Shall see what happens, but either way the roots this time are bigger then they have ever been. I will try to get some root pics later today up on the farm.

brotherlewrl

brotherlewrl

here they are after a 9 ndays of flower! everything is lookin mighty fine if you ask me. Im super stoked, these bithcas are really taking off, and lookin betta every day!

Wholeroom
Room2
Whitefire
RIVAL79

RIVAL79

Funk Master!
Supporter
Shits lookin hella good bro! I'm really impressed. Keep up the good work. Can't wait 2 see them girls in a month.

F

Fred

Premium Member
Supporter
NICE! You brought a smile to my face. Really looking good!

fred

Latest posts

Top Bottom