707finishers first indoor grow, small tent.

• Thread starter 707finisher
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
707finisher

707finisher

@Beachwalker i am not seeing roots yet and realized I did something different last time, I added superthrive and BLOOM 1ml not grow, I added the grow .5 ml 2x last time after I saw some roots. My ph keeps climbing, I wonder if it has to do with the nitrogen I added in the mix. I’m going to toss the water again and start over. Ordered a better ph pen, just dr meter not anything fancy. Should get here soon the ph drops are sort of a pain, I like confirming occasionally with them but for keeping the aeroponic water in check every day it’s a pain in the ass lol.

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

Funny you mention that cuz yesterday late afternoon I changed out the water cuz the pH was again ridiculously high

I put it in an exactly 6.4 I checked it about an hour ago and it was off the scale past 7.6 ??

which is highest the drops go on the scale I use

it was 1 pint of water I measured it carefully and I know it changed that quick!?

I have no idea what's going on??? We need @Aqua Man back!!!

Edit: I'm using citric acid but it holds pH like a rock in plain water or in nutrient mixes doesn't change at all; I have no idea why all of a sudden in any fucking cloner I use it shoots to the Moon almost instantly?? I don't know why?? Starting to piss me off a bit if I'm honest

I'm going to check it tonight around 10, after 12 hours I fully expect it to be in the sevens, probably off of my scale and I don't know why? I wash the tray just now wiped it down there's nothing funky there's nothing weird except for the rise of the pH LOL no shit it's getting to me man!!!🤬😡🤬😡

Last edited:
Beachwalker

Beachwalker

Yes a lot of people add Bloom, I don't usually add nutes but if I do that's what I add too

You know it's kind of doubly pissing me off because back before I started growing in soil 4 years ago back in the last century I was a hydro grower for almost 10 years LOL I know this is not rocket science but I can't figure out what the hell is going on right now with this pH rise man??? Sorry for the ranting but yeah this is kind of annoying 😠

Last edited:
707finisher

707finisher

Yes a lot of people add Bloom, I don't usually add nutes but if I do that's what I add too

You know it's kind of doubly pissing me off because back before I started growing in soil 4 years ago back in the last century I was a hydro grower for almost 10 years LOL I know this is not rocket science but I can't figure out what the hell is going on right now with this pH rise man??? Sorry for the ranting but yeah this is kind of annoying 😠
All good man I feel yah! Already had roots by now last time lol

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

All good man I feel yah! Already had roots by now last time lol
Starting right now I will change the water every 12 hours if I have to, it will not beat me: eventually I will figure out what's gone off track here, but right now I don't know

707finisher

707finisher

Turned the led on full blast over night, most of the young plants were drooping a little, that’s good to me, means it’s brighter than before, and I can turn the power down! Lol

707finisher

707finisher

Starting right now I will change the water every 12 hours if I have to, it will not beat me: eventually I will figure out what's gone off track here, but right now I don't know
Yeah I’m checking before I leave for work and when I come home, no time now changing water tonight, ph to 5.5 1 ml superthrive .5ml bloom, I found notes from last time lol. Going to research rapid ph climb today

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

Yeah I’m checking before I leave for work and when I come home, no time now changing water tonight, ph to 5.5 1 ml superthrive .5ml bloom, I found notes from last time lol. Going to research rapid ph climb today
I don't know what to research??? It makes no sense!?

the plain water in the jug that I used at 6.4 yesterday was still 6.4 today when I used it again

however somehow in the tray it went to 7.6 overnite

But it remained 6.4 in the jug??

707finisher

707finisher

Some bla bla I was reading
It says mineral nutes to I used organic nutes

1) What kind of water should be used initially to fill the res? Is regular tap ok? Or should I use distilled? Any need to pH adjust the water initially?
Regular tap water is typically fine in most major areas. It's what we always recommend trying first. Distilled or reverse osmosis water should NOT be used, as it's so stripped of any type of mineral content that it pulls important minerals from the plant tissue hindering the initiation of root development. We recommend users run their system without cuttings in it for the first 24 hours if they have the time. This allows them to check what their temps will be and allows some time for pH stabilization. Water should be pH adjusted after any types of solutions are added and adjusted again after cuttings have been inserted. Fill the cloning machine as high as you can so that the water level is just below the misters. The more water that is in the res, the more stable the pH and temperature.

2) Do you recommend adding anything to the water?
Yes. Use a rooting stimulator - check the label but 1 teaspoon per gallon is a general guide. Also, consider adding a silica product - this will assist in building strong cell walls and protect against bacteria etc.

What about adding some mineral nutrition? Should growers wait until they see roots developing? How much? And what sort of strength / pH?
Add nutrients only after roots have developed to between 3-4 inches in length. Use mineral (hydroponic) nutrients as they keep the reservoir cleaner. Stay between 400-500 ppm for new clones after root development. pH between 5.8-6.3. 5.8 is ideal. Even without the use of any additives, the pH of tap water will have a tendency to rise over the course of 24-48 hours. To compensate for this, try adjusting the initial pH down to approximately 5.2 because you know the pH will slowly rise somewhere close to between 5.8 and 6.3. This is an acceptable range for getting quality results. Keep the closest eye on pH during the first 24-48 hrs. If the pH needs to be adjusted again later on, do so, but it usually stables out after the first few adjustments. If you are not sure if you've got an accurate pH reading, invest in a quality digital pH meter.

707finisher

707finisher

Got a before and after pic of the veg tent, the fan on the led isn’t necessary, it’s not even warm running 25% or so, it’s just stirring air. I’m going to buy a wall monitor at some point to watch the actual watt power draw so I have some sort of reference point.

8D284E75 5D53 4788 B4D4 A9AB8C5E9583
2AF31C60 0CDE 4823 882D BD2208358433
707finisher

707finisher

I put one of the small t5 in the flower tent, mostly so I can turn the big lights off, I don’t like having to wear sunglasses when I’m looking at them.

6EE6B553 1FC2 4029 88C2 58369C63E954
707finisher

707finisher

Moms before and after, cleaned everything up getting those leds!
I’m working on a testing location where there’s more room to do a side by side comparison for local people to see first hand. 🤞

1E7E8B58 787F 4830 AF9D DD4FE36F0054
FF892FAA A597 4F4F B5D9 F48782B04FA9
MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

I’m only getting ac infinity fans from this point out. They have excellent customer service. I tried a couple other ones to be fair, I have 5 different ac infinity fan setups now

Never heard of those. But i have almost 6 year old hyper fan working fine and been on the whole time ar different speeds.

And my old green hydrofarm fans on cheap speed controllers all work from 4-6 years now.

707finisher

707finisher

Hlg 550 in a 32” tent, a little over kill maybe, would be sweet to try though! Plus the kingbrite equivalent in another, vs 400hps+315cmh.
Don’t have that kind of discretionary scientific budget just sitting there lol, so I’m gonna piece it together as I can till I get some investment into the project.
Or maybe I’m just going to end up with a lot of weed.

Going to take a few days to figure out where the plants like.i turned it down quite a bit, will wait for the plants to lift to the light then up it 10% ish a day till they don’t like it

707finisher

707finisher

Never heard of those. But i have almost 6 year old hyper fan working fine and been on the whole time ar different speeds.

And my old green hydrofarm fans on cheap speed controllers all work from 4-6 years now.
They were the best value on amazon, for what you get I couldn’t find a better deal, everything’s pretty energy efficient, the controllers sensors on it are cool for temp/humidity, but using it to control the environment is to complicated.

A separate rain bird controller and a manual fan speed setting would have been better for me I think. Extra 30$ for the sensor and lcd controller feature.

They make fans for computers and server/electronics enclosures to!

my dream grow is a 2.5’ wide cabinet. The whole thing is only 2.5’ wide, from floor to ceiling, theoretically 8’ high or more,10’ wide. It has a 6’wide 5’high spot for flower, a 4x4 for veg/flower a 4x4 for moms, a 2x3for clones and a 4x3 spot for water reservoir, carbon air filter and fan, storage etc. it’s complicated to explain, I will draw it again and again until its the way I want then build it in my garage out of foam board and 2x2.
I’ll use ac infinity fans to intake, then move the air through the chambers, with filters separating them. Then a final stage with carbon filter vented outside. There’s a billion ways to set it up lol

707finisher

707finisher

I don't know what to research??? It makes no sense!?

the plain water in the jug that I used at 6.4 yesterday was still 6.4 today when I used it again

however somehow in the tray it went to 7.6 overnite

But it remained 6.4 in the jug??
I started to get it under control, once it’s under 6 it seems to take longer to creep up, I got it down further like almost 5 and it was 5.8 after I got home But hasn’t changed for a while

Latest posts

Top Bottom