707finishers first indoor grow, small tent.

• Thread starter 707finisher
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
707finisher

707finisher

Going to do my test now. Going to use fresh water, ph to 5.5 ish and test ppm, I’ll test it at the end of the day as well.

707finisher

707finisher

“In low light, plants take up more potassium and phosphorus from the nutrient solution so the acidity increases (pH drops). In strong intense light, plants take up more nitrogen from the solution so the acidity decreases (pH rises). Any extremes of pH can also result in precipitation of certain blocked nutrients”

That is a quote, as well as below, let them talk instead of me lol

5) Can you explain how "rootless cuttings" are still able to uptake water, with no need for humidity dome? We've seen it with our own eyes, just wondered if there's a scientific explanation.
The plant tissue still absorbs a sufficient amount of moisture for the cutting to sustain itself upright. Roots develop because the cuttings are searching for food. Humidity domes are NOT necessary with aeroponic cloners. In fact, I suspect domes help to promote airborne bacterias such as powdery mildew and prevent the cutting from transpiring naturally.

Last edited:
707finisher

707finisher

So after checking the ph I’m not changing the water, I got it down to 5.4ish last night and it is still a touch low, but looking good, going to run with it. It has risen .2 points ph, at that ph it rose as much as 6.4 would have to 8 or so

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

I’m changing my water this morning after all the reading. I am goin

test your ppm of the water fresh, 90-100, add your ph method, test the ppm again, add your clones in the water, wait till it spikes again and test the ppm, that will show you if they are using the nutrients in the tap water
they're not using it because there's no roots, and a few scrawny stems aren't going to have that effect on the pH

To test this I've got to cut some tops off later I'm going to leave them in a jar of 6.4 for a few hours I doubt there's any change

I never had pH act like this even when I had trays full of roots, never mind a few stems so I seriously doubt that has anything to do w/ it

I just spiked at 7.6 or higher (that's as high as this scale goes) in 6 hrs.

I change the tray, added more 6.4

but if crazy is repeating the same thing & expecting different results

guess I'm crazy!?🤪

anyway I give up, dont care, I'll just go to a different mix at this point, gonna work around it, lol -thanks for letting me jam your thread! ✌

Last edited:
707finisher

707finisher

Will check ppm and ph when I get back from work and see how it changes with 1ml superthrive and 1ml protek, then from there I will monitor it 2times daily and record

Measuring ppm I noticed the temps pretty low, I upped the temp controller 6 degrees, see where it’s at when I get home

26581FFE 2EF4 45CC 88BA 79F614912C9E
65C0398F 10F1 4FBE 9043 A376FE7790AF
707finisher

707finisher

@Beachwalker at the end of the day what works for folks works! Glad your getting success regardless! No worries about posting here, I learned a ton trying to figure out what was happening, and why, and since it related more to me than you it was very useful lol.

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

Last time I change the water I put a cup of it next to the tray

I just measured them both, the tray has risen to 7.2 while the same water in the cup has not changed at all from 6.4

Before I start scrubbing anything else or changing perlite or vermiculite I had the exact same results in my bubble cloner

Also happens with my Root-riots which sit in a tray with about a quarter inch of water on the bottom

At this point I'm starting to think a certain buxom red-headded lass from Salem hath bewitched me!? 🧙‍♀️

Last edited:
Cattapilla

Cattapilla

Crowd: A witch! A witch! A witch! We found a witch! We've got a witch! A witch! A witch! We have found a witch. May we burn her? - How do you know she is a witch - She looks like one. - Bring her ... What also floats in water? - Bread. - Apples.

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

Crowd: A witch! A witch! A witch! We found a witch! We've got a witch! A witch! A witch! We have found a witch. May we burn her? - How do you know she is a witch - She looks like one. - Bring her ... What also floats in water? - Bread. - Apples.

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

So to end the pH rise mystery I've put vermiculite and perlite into equal amounts of water in separate cups

and in a little bit I'm going to check the ph

and I suspect it will be one or the other (likely the new perlite?) thats causing the rise

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

Oh I didn’t realize you had that sitting in the water
Yes I have about a pint of water in the tray that's the water in which the pH keeps rapidly Rising

The bottom quarter inch of the pot is in the water and the vermiculite self Wicks and it's completely self-watering I love this mixture for starting seeds even though this is only the first time I've ever done clones in it

Pretty sure that most or all of them have rooted and I think I see some growth on about half or more already in just nine days

707finisher

707finisher

If it works don’t stop, don’t matter what the ph is if roots are popping lol.
With this aeroponic cloner I have had to keep it lower or the stems start looking uhhh sort of clear idk how to put it, and they don’t look as healthy, starts stinking like shit, soon as I get ph down they start looking better think the acid keeps algae and fungus down as well. It stops smelling bad without even changing the water. Done messing with it this round.
I’m trying to get them rooted as fast as possible, mimed has great success, takes a while but effective, but I’m just trying to shorten the time I have to monitor them.
I want to have them rooted and transplanted in 7 days or less if possible lol, mostly I don’t want it out on the counter for weeks at a time, the humidity dome and plugs method was way to involved and took 2-3 weeks, dirt worked but the success wants great and took as long as plugs, I ended up needing tent space, and it’s a premium.
I didn’t do it right this time the ph tester malfunction in the middle made it hard to keep on it and I added the wrong nutes in the beginning lol. Next time I’ll do some more research and see how I can maximize the speed of root growth to the point of ridiculousness 😂🤞

707finisher

707finisher

Yes I have about a pint of water in the tray that's the water in which the pH keeps rapidly Rising

The bottom quarter inch of the pot is in the water and the vermiculite self Wicks and it's completely self-watering I love this mixture for starting seeds even though this is only the first time I've ever done clones in it

Pretty sure that most or all of them have rooted and I think I see some growth on about half or more already in just nine days
That’s awesome!! I’ve read perlite adds calcium to the soil a little I’m not surprised, also a pint of water is small amount to keep at ph anyway lol pain in the butt

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

If it works don’t stop, don’t matter what the ph is if roots are popping lol.
With this aeroponic cloner I have had to keep it lower or the stems start looking uhhh sort of clear idk how to put it, and they don’t look as healthy, starts stinking like shit, soon as I get ph down they start looking better think the acid keeps algae and fungus down as well. It stops smelling bad without even changing the water. Done messing with it this round.
I’m trying to get them rooted as fast as possible, mimed has great success, takes a while but effective, but I’m just trying to shorten the time I have to monitor them.
I want to have them rooted and transplanted in 7 days or less if possible lol, mostly I don’t want it out on the counter for weeks at a time, the humidity dome and plugs method was way to involved and took 2-3 weeks, dirt worked but the success wants great and took as long as plugs, I ended up needing tent space, and it’s a premium.
I didn’t do it right this time the ph tester malfunction in the middle made it hard to keep on it and I added the wrong nutes in the beginning lol. Next time I’ll do some more research and see how I can maximize the speed of root growth to the point of ridiculousness 😂🤞
Sounds exactly like what I was getting a little clear blob from the waterline down and the Clone would die

Friday night transplanting into 5 gallon fabric pots, never used them before but a couple are close to rootbound & they've got dozens of tops I want them to be able to grow roots during the stretch and then explode in bloom I'm sure it'll work fine

Later when I check the experiment I'll post the results! I'm really curious cuz it's got to be one or the other

Top Bottom