707finishers first indoor grow, small tent.

• Thread starter 707finisher
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
707finisher

707finisher

So in order to take some clones tonight, which I desperately want to do, i need to make room for my humidity dome, basically i need to take all the seedlings to veg tent, some of them might even end up in the solo cup challenge lol. Except I don’t have any solo cups 🤦‍♂️

707finisher

707finisher

I thought about this a lot. Do i flower the romie and melon and take cuttings after they start flowering, slowly degrading the genetics supposedly, or do i keep a mother and harvest the new growth for clones, increasing risk of autoflower and hermies supposedly? Ive seen people do both, any suggestions?

707finisher

707finisher

Sooooooo i took some clones, honestly this is how I foresee the future of my method, with all the genetics It’s a little crazy to keep track of and plan but after reading some of the other members posts, I’m managing to keep some sanity in the middle of it. I don’t remember how long it takes to be able to sex the seeds, but it seems like i can have a cutting in 2-3 weeks ready to flower. But my space is limited and growing males is a luxury. I bought some feminized seeds this time as well. That will help, I’m nervous the moms will grow faster than i can use the cuttings if i take to long to veg, also i want to have smaller plants for more variety, keep the plants in smaller pots and do more frequent cuttings, we will see how it goes though. I cut
1 melon
2 herer
1 wedding cake
1 key lime
1 oz skittles
4A1AD5F0 502D 45DD 86CC 5C98A6F4A97B

The old ones are sort of hanging on, a couple have roots forming i think so i cant quite give up on them

707finisher

707finisher

My veg tent is full of unknown sex herer.....

The 2 new clones i bought look better with a topping, i stole them as clones. Usually I don’t take the tops cause they are so fleshy, these guys were pretty skinny though, the dispensary had them under pretty bad lighting.

I went a little bonkers with the lst, maybe its mst now heh. But i want to cut back all the ends off the branches of both mothers and keep them over the top of the pots, so I’m growing them flat over the edge, idk ....... But the melon is going to be a perfect mother, i remember how i did it to make it so bushy and dense, its not good for flowering plants, but a clone mom, i may have accidentally done good lol. With such a short node spacing they will be little shrubbery's after a short veg of a week or so once transplanted to dirt. Ill make a formal English garden out of them 🙄

Again this is all new to me lol

2E5AFEE0 CF83 441E AC86 7EDD35242989

The perlite is only a thin layer, it was an impulse.

707finisher

707finisher

Flower room
Entering the solo cup challenge with no solo cup, if they let me lol. i was super curious anyway and wanted to try it with these bag seeds I’m going to keep one under the led, one under the hps, and one in the middle, that’s the runt though.

A17F35DA 47B4 46FC AC6A 58E6ACC562B7
05300D7C 5A5E 432F A2B5 BA375E5C6B20
1D8416FA 87D8 477E 9222 E4F30B96C25B
707finisher

707finisher

Moving stuff around
My hps is in a vented hood and isn’t even warm to touch so I’m not worried about it and the led is getting vented strait ingot the hps, so i can get it close to the top without worry.
B2D76849 445A 4DDA 91CD FAF941A32C67

Final resting place
A1CDFF61 15DC 4DBA 814C B5F30132F4B9
EE37F346 5388 4E35 8A1A 0734AD819379

I think that kush is done but i need another day or 2 for my other stuff to be safe to take down and put in paper bags. Not sure what the wedding cakes going to do yet, it might fill out or it might just finish like it is, some of the others did i think just cause they were so old, ill keep an eye on the trichomes.

A couple of the others turned out pretty leafy ill take some pics sometime lol. The lemonade smells the best and strongest by far. But was the most picky of all 6 varieties i did first. And the most leafy haha haha

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

Moving stuff around
My hps is in a vented hood and isn’t even warm to touch so I’m not worried about it and the led is getting vented strait ingot the hps, so i can get it close to the top without worry.
View attachment 918256
Final resting place
View attachment 918258View attachment 918257
I think that kush is done but i need another day or 2 for my other stuff to be safe to take down and put in paper bags. Not sure what the wedding cakes going to do yet, it might fill out or it might just finish like it is, some of the others did i think just cause they were so old, ill keep an eye on the trichomes.

A couple of the others turned out pretty leafy ill take some pics sometime lol. The lemonade smells the best and strongest by far. But was the most picky of all 6 varieties i did first. And the most leafy haha haha
Looks good! Not sure from the pic but that kush might need a little longer?

707finisher

707finisher

They were are all cuttings from july that got stunted via defoliation, flowered for a month, over fertilized, vegged 24/7 for a week then another month of flower lol. The romie kept on flowering but got super fluffy, and finished super early, one of them the strawberry short cake never really formed buds but the trichomes were turning amber lol this one isn’t quite there still, hoping to see it pack a little more on, your right, it has a lot of cloudy but still 25-30% clear, any guesses how much longer?

707finisher

707finisher

Almost forgot, I planted a feminized Girl Scout cookie and a regular purple mountain majesty in the clone plugs I bought, I’ve never tried to plant a seed in one before, I tore some tiny pieces off the edge and put them over the holes for darkness, the seedlings should be able to push them out of the way. I am full on cuckoo, have plants everywhere, glad I’m medical and indoor laws are on canopy not plant numbers. Not that anyone should find out theoretically.

707finisher

707finisher

I bought some coco plugs off amazon can’t remember the brand, think they are all made in China anyway.

707finisher

707finisher

So I’m not positive yet..... but I think some of the old clones are starting to root, it’s been hard to tell for a while, some of them had hairs I didn’t remove that looked like roots in the water, I left them on in case they helped absorb water, the tiny new growth as well, I don’t think this really helped, eventually I plucked most of the little growth off the stem.

707finisher

707finisher

Today I was looking at them, they had continued flowering, even under veg cycle. The leaves were yellow and the hairs were starting to dry, but underneath there was some nice green, very small leaves. Long story short, the cuttings have been trying to flower so hard they haven’t tried rooting, so I chopped all the buds, at least the majority of them, so maybe less than 25% of the flower was there, I saw a little green in it down there, figure it will redirect the energy from flowering, will see in the next few days

707finisher

707finisher

Doing some defoliation to try to reduce the speed of growth and encourage bushy growth habit in my 2 moms, the melon is really taking off, I carefully researched that one for its high thc and cbd content with daytime high. The romie also has a small amount of cbd and high thc, but I’d swap it for a lemonade in a heart beat if any of them make it

707finisher

707finisher

I also have a new soil plan. I’m going to increase the amount of perlite on the next transplant. I have medium perlite, I went cheap, the large was 40$ the medium was 16. Also i need there to be less nutrients in the soil for the shorter duration of my veg cycle. I’m going to try 50/50 the next planting, and see how it goes. I’m also going to stop using the 3 gallon smart pots for flowering, I’m going to keep those for moms and my outside garden. I’m going to switch to square plastic pots. I saw some at the grow store, but they are pricy, they are really good quality, ill reuse them indefinitely. I’m not sure what size yet, i might buy a couple different ones and test them out. I need to keep the plants shorter, but don’t want them to rootbound, or require to frequent watering, every other day is almost to often, currently its taking them 3-5 days between watering. Want faster drainage.

707finisher

707finisher

Pretty sure i see a couple roots there, it also looks like maybe some algae idk.
964A46B9 4471 4C08 B320 7FF1131EC4DD

The clones of key lime and skittles were from the recently transplanted clones i bought, I should have cut them before i transplanted because after they were already in shock, they aren’t happy.
CD2257F8 8439 44A6 AFDB C3CF6D6C9324

707finisher

707finisher

I had run air hose and temp sensor for heat pad in air vent on dome, i kept knocking stuff around, probably part why the new clones are sad. I took a Phillips drill bit, heated it up on the bottom part that goes in the drill and melted 2 holes in the upper part of the tray, so i can take the lid off and not mess with the hose/wire

Top Bottom