707finishers first indoor grow, small tent.

• Thread starter 707finisher
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
707finisher

707finisher

Going to try to force all my seedlings to show sex, I’m not sure how long it will take, seems a little risky. I moved them in last night. The 3 dosido i was entering in the solo cup challenge anyway. The 6 jack herer are unnecessary at this point, so I’m experimenting. I have 2 clones from my bigger jack herer plant that i think will make it.

2B48FF2A 1C8E 4D18 A542 ABDC9FAC56A6
D35BFA0A 0B29 4293 AFAA 6C1F548C25E2
86CA694E 72F4 4557 87DD A28C1662D9F1
707finisher

707finisher

So i learned 2 valuable things,

one is i will never use neem oil again. Prevention is the only way, i would rather have fungus gnats than smell neem in my weed. It’s garbage. I used neem oil drench 3 months ago on the original plants. They were barely showing flowers. I had bought bad soil and tried to save everything. Now that most of them are cut and drying, the smell of the neem is coming out. I thought it would have dissipated by now.

Two is that i need to wait till they are all the way done flowering. Most of these could have waited another week or 3. The candy apple kush is looking the best of all of them, i just let it keep flowering. Even if they are unhealthy they still will flower. I think the lemonade had such old trichomes on it that they were turning amber even though it was just beginning to thicken up
29CC61DA E9CB 4C7C 9783 6FCA54A558D1
320B9AE2 2741 4872 8481 EDA96113FA78

The wedding cake is slowly filling in a little to. I should just pull them though if they smell like neem its not worth the room they take up
973EB5AE 37F9 48FD B840 2550B488E534

707finisher

707finisher

After considerable discouragement over the neem oil and over all production/rush job of my first run, I decided to come back and evaluate.

All things considered, I got my areas pretty dialed in, got my perpetual cycle going fairly well, got some good genetics I’m going to run with.

However, I struggled with identifying what the plants needed, and didn’t take enough time to be clean with everything, the proper nutrition and soil I’m still learning big time.

I’m going to have to wait till the flower tent is done or scrap everything. I’ve been trying to keep a good dry water cycle, but even with the neem oil doses, there’s more bugs in the flower tent. The jack here’d looks like it’s getting munched by a different kind of big than fungus gnats, idk. Like bite marks in the leaves but I’m not seeing much.

I’ve managed to keep the veg tent, mothers and teens clean. I think. Worst case scenario I toss everything, soak it all in bleach and see if I can start over with soil that’s clean from the beginning.

I made a mistake planting anything before the first of the original plants was actually done, the Herer got infected by being in with them, now I expect my seedlings are as well.

707finisher

707finisher

Regardless of what happens in flower I’m still building genetics stock, popped a Girl Scout cookie, a purple mountain majesty, and a fire og, from humboldt seed company, the fire og was planted after the other 2. The GSC had the seed husk stuck on for a couple days, I had to finally remove it, but it damaged the seedling, took it a while to recover, I didn’t think it would make it. The pmm is not feminized.

these clones aren’t going to make it I think, but I was just pruning

9A4C9163 DA8F 4930 B225 664668EECF85
763993F0 F7BD 43B8 9EF5 804B0488D327
06799F66 3EDC 48E2 916A E0F72701199C
26C9748C 8828 43E8 9F9B 876254FE7E4B
707finisher

707finisher

Today I am going to take some more cuttings, going to try 2 fresh cuttings in dirt, 2 in bubbling water, 2 in coco plugs, going to use the gel hormone only this time, instead of the powder first and the gel outside.
I’m going to put the older cutting plugs in soil mix and wish them the best of luck.

last time they were just extras, I didn’t really care just testing, I didn’t Ph the water etc. this time I will follow me greens methods except change the various growing mediums.
I will be testing to see what medium and what strain give me the best luck. So far the jack herer and romie have been the hardiest.
going to try the melon vs the romie, 3 of each.

my goal is to grow a bunch of different strains and eventually choose 2-4. They would be based on hardiness and growth tendencies, and keep mothers, cutting clones often and keeping veg time short

707finisher

707finisher

Yeah so I didn’t take any clones, the water was 59 degrees so I stuck it on my heating pad for the night, adjusted ph to 5 with distilled white vinegar, a little low but see what it says after bubbling all night, this time I want all the clones to make it if possible. Even with my experimentation on cloning mediums.

My new plan is to take a few cuttings and veg them till they are ready for flower, then depending where everything else is I’m gonna purge the flower tent of everything.

I think it’s time to buy the 32x32x63” tent, start it on a flower cycle, then once the flower rooms clean use it for my mothers and toss the clones in to flower tent again, already along the cycle. that’s my hang up, I don’t want 60+ days till next harvest.

PlumberSoCal

PlumberSoCal

That will free up my 2x2x3 tent for cloning and seedlings, instead of that tiny cabinet
I've never had "enough room" to grow all I wanted. Inside/outside, don't matter but I know if I was limited to an indoor grow tent I'd be very unhappy.

707finisher

707finisher

I've never had "enough room" to grow all I wanted. Inside/outside, don't matter but I know if I was limited to an indoor grow tent I'd be very unhappy.
its true... I wish I had more space, but at the same time I enjoy the challenge of keeping it small, need careful planning, and I enjoy the one on one attention with fewer plants. Probably should have started with one easy to grow strain Instead of 5 different ones that were somewhat finicky lol.

Top Bottom