707finishers first indoor grow, small tent.

• Thread starter 707finisher
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
707finisher

707finisher

I am making my own grow thread. I have to much in my brain to talk about, cant blow up someone else’s thread 😂 This is the beginning, I have some idea of what I’m doing setting up the environment, but no actual experience growing the plant, and the notes. This will be fun, the trials and errors. Please keep in mind I’m new and this is the first run, I’m learning fast, but there’s a lot to learn.
I live in humboldt, have a medical card for stress anxiety and pain. I live in a public area and am trying to keep a small footprint and a low profile.

I read mimedgrowers thread about his perpetual harvest. Perpetual is more or less the goal, well, not buying top shelf weed is the goal, and staying supplied continually is the trick. I’m a pot enthusiast and love knowing what strain and what is in it, flavor and variety! Here it’s 46$(My medclub price at the original dispensary) for the brands I buy at the club. I still have access to cheaper stuff out of the clubs, but it’s unknown. I get it from a distributer not a grower. And they don’t test it. Humboldt indoor and up north are premium brands that produce a wide variety of new and old genetics. They go for up to 60$ out of the area.

I highly(lol) recommend reading it from the beginning. The biggest value I saw of doing the grow diary is being able to review and compare progress, and remember what was done and when. And it was fascinating watching the beans pop and turn into buds, and see what he did in process. Logically I know recording progress is vital, but normally feels like homework. Here it feels like a network of like minded people. And my mrs don’t give a crap how it happens lol she’s just waiting for it to be in the bong. This will be my science experiment and research log. I’ll try to take pics and describe what I’m doing regularly. Feel free to give any helpful advice or criticism, that’s why I’m here.

707finisher

707finisher

Well I already wrote a bunch of crap and posted it other places, you can search probably to find it, but I’m going to write an update, then continue current.
Apologies for my grammar and punctuation lol.

It started when I bought a romie clone from humboldt patient resource center. I have a bunch of bonsai trees, but they grow slow and it’s a dormant time of year. I’ve been spending 450-600 on buds every month and figured I’d try growing a little. It was already late in the season and I put it outside, I also treated it like a bonsai, removing the large leaves and topping the main, and then all the branches as well to try to force more branches. I put it in dirt the gophers kicked up out of my yard and happy frog soil amendment 50/50. My grow season was to short though, it was fun but didn’t produce much.
3718224C D7DA 4AF3 90E8 1DC3D89466F0

I paid 13$ for it, I got about a quarter oz. figured it at least was cheaper than buying it lol. I pulled it early because it got so cold outside, most of the trichs were clear some cloudy. I bought some of the flower at the same time, 28%thc1.5%cbd. It tasted similar but the effect was not the same, maybe because I pulled it early. Theirs was smooth energetic calm. This stuff was exhilarating like snorting a like of coke almost, skin tingles, head rush, major uplifting energetic feeling. Wow. Idk. Also I don’t use coke and don’t promote it, just expressing a past memory.

707finisher

707finisher

I saw it was easy to grow the one plant for a significant savings, while enjoying growing like i do. I have a garden for veggies, have landscaped sort of, and have fruit trees and close to a hundred bonsai trees. The winter is a cold slow time of year and work slows down to. So i figured growing inside is perfect. I have kids and people over to my house regularly, it had to be efficient, small, stealth. I decided on a 2x4 grow tent, planned on maybe 4 plants. I bought ac infinity fans with thermo/humid sensor and controller. They are inexpensive quiet and efficien. Got carbon filter, bug filter, 400w vivosun hps mh, ffhf soil, humboldt county’s own organic base nutes(3Part grow bloom micro) and set it all up in my attic. The temperature swings a lot and i ran the lights at night for heat and off day time to minimize the swing. It works pretty good and i pull dry warm air in from a closet, as a lung room i suppose.
I ran everything through one 20a breaker. That was my budget so to speak, and wanted to run 50-75%of that max. To keep with in safe electrical parameters and low cost.

I picked up 5 clones from satori wellness center,
Lemonade
Candy apple kush
Forbidden fruit
Strawberry shortcake

i was going to stick to these 5 but then h.p.r.c. Had romie clones again. I bought 3. One plant per square foot lol. I better have a bonsai garden.
Skip skip skip
Ahead
60FEC5C0 B7A1 4D1C 9845 A7974F0C6819

707finisher

707finisher

Along the way right before the prior picture the power company shut off our power cause it was to windy. For a day and a half once, then for 2 days that could have been up to 10 days. I put everything outside in my wood shed, switching the light cycle to day. It was also frosty cold 2 or 3 of the days. They were outside for about a week, and the power was back. I have a generator but it’s loud, I ran it during the day a couple times for the fridge. After I moved them back in I noticed they were drying out fast, I checked on my veg room one day when the flowers were supposed to be asleep. The lights were on. The digi timer that came with the tent had stopped working. It was on 24hrs for almost a week before I realized. It only seemed to affect the romie. I had felt like I had to much in the room and tossed the romie outside to flower in the natural winter sun.
140E3DB5 BAB2 4CC9 B36B 988C86E22C7A

They had already been out for 2-3 weeks when it all happened. I brought them back inside with the others when it was all over.

707finisher

707finisher

About this time i had picked up a 2x2 tent for veg. I had bought jack herer seeds, germinated one and picked up a magic melon clone. Those 2 and the cuttings went through the whole ordeal to.
1FB81BA4 D9BD 443C 9933 B5C328CE515A

6B604C7A 672E 4F45 8E1D 4A2AB2E85D69

I didn’t see to much, the romie were hairy and the others were just starting to hair. Over the next couple weeks the romie got weird, they had started regrowing already from the 24hr cycle. The romie is an awesome strain, the only cutting of 4 different plants that rooted being shoved in harvest supreme soil. Responds quickly without much stress, grows fast, that’s why i put it outside in the first place, to slow it down and bend it hard. It kept the best color through everything and responded the fastest to bending.
D83B7B3E 1E85 4C81 A827 E5EA67CB7EA6
9BD83F47 BC1F 4E5C 8596 A24A840C8B5E
3FD29520 EB28 4290 A4CC 019B2677BC9F

I left the jack herer outside because i thought it was male, i think it was an undeveloped female organ lol since then I noticed this.
68E54F20 9BEE 47AF B296 220E6B8621B3

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

Along the way right before the prior picture the power company shut off our power cause it was to windy. For a day and a half once, then for 2 days that could have been up to 10 days. I put everything outside in my wood shed, switching the light cycle to day. It was also frosty cold 2 or 3 of the days. They were outside for about a week, and the power was back. I have a generator but it’s loud, I ran it during the day a couple times for the fridge. After I moved them back in I noticed they were drying out fast, I checked on my veg room one day when the flowers were supposed to be asleep. The lights were on. The digi timer that came with the tent had stopped working. It was on 24hrs for almost a week before I realized. It only seemed to affect the romie. I had felt like I had to much in the room and tossed the romie outside to flower in the natural winter sun.
View attachment 912732

They had already been out for 2-3 weeks when it all happened. I brought them back inside with the others when it was all over.
Following along! I heard that power stoppage was happening related to wildfires, must be difficult to grow/live like that?! Best wishes I hope things steady out for you!

707finisher

707finisher

All the sativas except the romie got pretty yellow during this time, i figured stress but then wondered if it was something else like nutrient lockout. I just bought some soil and got advice at the local grow store. He gave me a ton of free samples, one is a soil flush to remove salts and minerals. I want to keep it simple so i wont be buying any of this stuff I don’t think, but i might as well try it. Today i pulled the 3 romie out. I put them in my wood shed to finish. I used the soil flush enzyme on all 8 flowering plants, the excessive yellow has me concerned, I don’t have a ppm water tester. But its eating its leaves i think. I flush them all and give them a little superthrive 1/2 dose .5ml per gl. Took picks of the ladies during process. Put on top of 5 gallon bucket then flooded plants thoroughly, once they stop draininga little i put them in a tray to finish drain then back inside.
6C93202A 5867 47BD 9A86 8AE3C4FCBB51
403D42B8 69A3 4C1D 82B1 7EAF85E99B8B
ED003CAB 5617 4D34 BC90 3052937159FD
983C229D 9222 4994 AAFE BEF2197572DA
5FC3DD88 2485 48DB A682 D126C74549B4
F3633572 E5D9 4549 8677 3531D9DB2B2A
1E93B566 AFF2 493C A2A0 D7EE00CD54B1

707finisher

707finisher

The plants are droopy because they were thirsty, ill take another pic this evening once they perk. The romie don’t get as droopy, they are a very hardy plant, glad i got a clone.
Pic of the ladies back in the tent minus romie.
B7934F00 BF71 4B6B 9316 6A7D3D51A46D

Leaving the romie here till the soil dries then cutting them
85814CF5 2BA4 4A8B B7D0 F54DCA2B695F

Side note, i use 5 gallon buckets, cut them off 6” drilled 8 holes 1/2” around the edge where the buckets are lowest. I washed them first. This time I’m using off brand 3 gallon smart pots, see how it goes. I might only need 1-2 gallons of dirt really. Mimedgrower uses 3 gal and his plants are much larger. I need to keep them shorter, my tents only 60” high i got the shortest 2x4 tent i could find.
Well that’s all for now i better go get some work done.

Last edited:
707finisher

707finisher

Break time lol, I wanted to mention that before now, I had been removing the big leaves shading the branches exposing the branches and nodes to light, this had a stunting affect, i thought it would encourage faster and more numerous branch growth. For bonsai practice you defoliate every couple years if needed, makes the new growth come back smaller. It stunts the flowers to with the weed most likely :) going to be much less handsy in the future. They did bush up nicely but they have to give me some fat buds to make it worth the hassle. I think the 4 shorter ones will do ok, the wedding cake stretched a lot, over the next few days I’m going to start working with it, bending it for better light. It’s the furthest behind, the rest stopped stretching and help their form. Wc got so tall I had to stop training and just shoved it in a corner

707finisher

707finisher

Well, back from work, went upstairs to check it out. 2 of them were very very perky. The WC was maybe a little, but 2 were still droopy.
B578DC7B 2C99 4C7C A163 F5546BB02E8F

I pulled the 3 droopsters out and ran more enzyme flush and super thrive through them. Put them back in with WC front and center. Opened it up a bit and bent the main branch a little far, going to leave it though, the branch will bend up towards the light and get stronger then I’ll take the wire off and it will bend back more
B3ECB327 5DE7 4073 A78A 27DD6D77B2AF
8DB5465C 7B71 40A6 B800 F2C72788341C

Figured I’d show a pic of my tent stats
The left one is veg tent the right one is flower.
D85733E3 5098 414C BEAC C2078FD38C32

I removed the training wires and weights to transplant the veg room girls, so I redid the herer and the romie. The melon is good for a while it tried to start flowering a little so its recovering a little, want to see a little more growth. I had thrown a couple seeds in the herer from a bag of dosido when its was outside because i thought it was a male lol. I didn’t think they would even germinate. The dosido was delicious even though it was smalls. 2 of the 3 germinated already and i brought the herer inside lol.
CA21318B 2FE0 46CE BD3B 02522F50E6DC

Got under the roots and pulled them out carefully. I almost hope some of this stuff doesn’t make it. I have 9 cuttings in water, 6 herer seeds, and these dosido unknown cross, i have stuff in my shed in my room and in my attic it’s a little nuts maybe. Eventually i will work out a balance I’m sure. Still learning about the plant. Thanks for looking.
4381477E B3C7 48EB B623 7EF4ED5EB738

707finisher

707finisher

I started bending them young because I only really have room for the stretch during flower, the wedding cake before this last bend was 12” from the light if you look at the base I was training it but it stretched so fast and the tent was so full I had to let it go strait up, hope it’s done stretching and finishes fast. I need room soon.

The magic melon has already shown growth since transplant, I was worried because the terra-cotta pot tends to have roots stuck to it, and grown around the screen on the bottom, I had to more or less rip it out by the trunk. Going to wait a couple days, take a couple branches for clones, and flower it. Same with herer, showing growth and fully recovered from bend, pics in morning.

No herer clones I still have 13 seeds. I also have several accidental seeds from my friends orange kush out door. It got to 15 feet lol. Turned out really good! After I decide what strains to keep from the cutting and seed madness, I’ll pop a few and see how they do.

I’m kicking myself for going bonkers, satori has Durban poison clones, thats on my list with the herer. The original goal was to have 2 sativa style and 2 indica, or night and day weed basically. On a perpetual cycle. As long as I keep them trained short I can do 8.

707finisher

707finisher

Peeked in on the girls, the lemonade has better color but the leaves are looking stressed and not perky.

I put a fluorescent light on one side and pushed the hps over to one side a little, maybe the new bulb was to close. Its pretty intense, I moved it up about 6”.

It will freeze tonight, I opened the vent closet so the hot dry air from the fireplace gets sucked up. There’s a vent in the closet to under the house I can open during the day if it gets to hot, the airs cool and semi humid so I close it at night or if it’s not sunny so it draws from the closet and the house, see how well my vents work tonight.

707finisher

707finisher

This is my first time trying, and chance has it coincide lol. So far its going to be ok but long term this is bs.
I don’t think it will be a regular thing, everyone got so pissed off, we have land rovers on mars, people living in space stations, all kinds of crazy tech, and they shut our power off when the wind blows, seems like the technology is misplaced somewhat. They need to clear around their power lines.
Stupid thing is we have our own power plant that’s big enough to power humboldt and then some, but it’s not set up to be stand alone, it’s set up to feed the big power grid. So they just turned it all off. Crazy... it didn’t even get windy where I live during that event. They were just fking up everyone’s grow cycles, I read 1% of power produced is used to grow weed lol.

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

I don’t think it will be a regular thing, everyone got so pissed off, we have land rovers on mars, people living in space stations, all kinds of crazy tech, and they shut our power off when the wind blows, seems like the technology is misplaced somewhat. They need to clear around their power lines.
Stupid thing is we have our own power plant that’s big enough to power humboldt and then some, but it’s not set up to be stand alone, it’s set up to feed the big power grid. So they just turned it all off. Crazy... it didn’t even get windy where I live during that event. They were just fking up everyone’s grow cycles, I read 1% of power produced is used to grow weed lol.
Something's been misplaced in California, that much is obvious :/ Not sure, but I suspect it's common sense?

707finisher

707finisher

Morning, checked the tents to see how they faired temp wise, got down to 29 outside, the attic is not much protection maybe 5-10 degrees tops.
My light timing and vent set up seem to be working though. Not perfect, but better than most outdoor plants get. I think a little temp swing is good for them, that’s a personal feeling, not scientific lol.
E85C35B5 B99F 4189 A9BF 2DF7AE84958E

Pic of veg tent, EVERYTHING IS DOING GREAT. Even the dosido seedlings i yanked out last night, little one already perking towards the light. Herer is ready for the flower tent, have no idea how much to expect for stretch so i will continue training till she stops.
4619ACC6 70A0 45B3 B1F3 EC387CCB3F45
87581C67 43D3 49E4 BBC8 27EEB793FFD4

I had to do something so i added a little superthrive to the water the cuttings are in. Ill call them clones when or if they root. I’m not sure it was a good idea though, they look like they are trying to grow a little, i usually use smaller cuttings and cut the leaves in half that are established. Then spray filtered water on them, i got a couple kinds of root hormone but till i can do a side by side comparison I don’t want to waste it. I left long stalks on these thinking it would root all along the stem. Its a weed after all they want to live. And i want to keep it simple lol.

Top Bottom