A closer look at the UC

• Thread starter QuarterbackMo
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
QuarterbackMo

QuarterbackMo

Wow. Guess your right QB.

lol....sales pitch? I'm saying ditch the UC if you get healthier plants doing something other.Apparently I'm taking far too logical approach to this problem solving session.

Keep us abreast of your ground breaking conclusions.

viva la H&G

Like you said 2 or 3 posts ago the uc is just another hydro system so why is this happening? The uc just has ease of use advantages due to the flow rate (constant ph/ppm), being able to hold more water (less frequent top offs and better buffering). Im having a hard time believing theres more air being held in the water...

QuarterbackMo

QuarterbackMo

Heres a couple more shots from that same run and one from the next...
1c084b15

IMG 2576

IMG 2348

QuarterbackMo

QuarterbackMo

You might look at those pics and wonder why im bitching in the first place right? Yeah sure some people would love to have their plants look that good... Now im bout to show you what i mean exactly...

This is bubba og in the uc....

Plant1s

Internodesplant2

Yeah they look nice right? If I saw this I would be asking what the problem is too... Please go on to the next post now....

QuarterbackMo

QuarterbackMo

This is bubba og in the dwc tub under a 70lpm air pump and 4 large air grenades... Even though this isnt a "rdwc" I an willing to bet every dollar in my pocket I could replicate this same health in rdwc and have identically healthy plants. I have done it millions of times now it seems like...

Groupshot

Plant1 1

Plant3side

Plant3bigleaf

Leaf1big

This is what I would like to see the uc put out yet it doesnt... Why?

QuarterbackMo

QuarterbackMo

The bubba og in the second group of pics (not in the uc) had the most silky feeling velvet like fully hydrated perfect leaves... You could look at the leaves from an angle and just see a velvet like fuzz... They are so perfect and beautiful their color is flawless and there wasnt a single troubled area on any of them from top to bottom... Even the bs leaves down at the very very bottom (1/4" leaves at the very very very bottom) all looked just as healthy as the top... Why wont the uc replicate this...

MonsterRobot

MonsterRobot

are you running the same strength nutes on both of those? I run my dwc buckets higher than I run my UC for sure... Not sure why the UC uses less because they seem really similar to me but that might have something to do with it?

QuarterbackMo

QuarterbackMo

are you running the same strength nutes on both of those? I run my dwc buckets higher than I run my UC for sure... Not sure why the UC uses less because they seem really similar to me but that might have something to do with it?

I have tried same, more, less pretty much anything you can think of... Ive also took the hours of advice daniel gave me and it still didnt make it happen like im looking for...

QuarterbackMo

QuarterbackMo

I havent even posted these pics to the farm yet... Heres a few more bubba og and end result UC bubba shots...

So here we are bubba og last shot before harvest... These kicked out over 8 oz per plant...
10ca3c39

The new bubba og run in the new uc room
098e7a74

And the end result of bubba that I grew in the uc
96fb9f8d

Still as good as all these pics above look this could still be better..

dankworth

dankworth

UC needs to start selling small dumbbells with their units.
That is clearly the difference.

Sorry, I had to, I hope no one was offended.

QuarterbackMo, your dwc plants look so great. Especially that fluorescent green leaf spine. Do you happen to know what is the exact cause of that? I have been wondering this for some time.

Thanks. And again, beautiful plants.

Edit: maybe a backdraft preventer,and venting at night only would be a good temporary solution for possible offgassing issues. I think it might have been Sofakinghigh that talked about this.

QuarterbackMo

QuarterbackMo

Ok im sitting here really thinking about this... My man a few posts up said something about having a burner produce the same problem... When i had a burner on rdwc the room still was pulling fresh air in/out... Since ive had my uc's crankin the rooms have all been completely sealed with burners... Is there anybody else experiencing these symptoms that have a sealed room with burners in any medium? Im talking completely sealed with no fresh air in or out... Maybe it could by co2 gen byproducts getting the uc plants sick...This shit just got deeper now im really scratching my head...

QuarterbackMo

QuarterbackMo

UC needs to start selling small dumbbells with their units.
That is clearly the difference.

Sorry, I had to, I hope no one was offended.

QuarterbackMo, your dwc plants look so great. Especially that fluorescent green leaf spine. Do you happen to know what is the exact cause of that? I have been wondering this for some time.

Thanks. And again, beautiful plants.

Rofl :) that one was funny about the dumbells lol i use one to hold the epi lid down rofl... Thanks btw :)

MonsterRobot

MonsterRobot

Ok im sitting here really thinking about this... My man a few posts up said something about having a burner produce the same problem... When i had a burner on rdwc the room still was pulling fresh air in/out... Since ive had my uc's crankin the rooms have all been completely sealed with burners... Is there anybody else experiencing these symptoms that have a sealed room with burners in any medium? Im talking completely sealed with no fresh air in or out... Maybe it could by co2 gen byproducts getting the uc plants sick...This shit just got deeper now im really scratching my head...

I think it was a combination of the CO2 and the heat that the burner was putting off in that particular spot in the room... We ended up putting some fans around it and raising the lights around that hot spot and for the most part the problem went away...

All4freedumb

All4freedumb

Yeah, I have dealt with sporadic leaf issues due to my co2 burner. I believe a while back you made a thread about your plant problems and my thought was c02. My burner was getting stuck on and I was seeing some of the sane results you were then. Now that I think about it, after I had that issue with my burner I got my new one in and going. I started to see smaller signs of the same issues in different areas/levels in my room, even after my levels were dialed in.. I was thinking that I wasn't getting an even distribution of c02 in my room. I moved my burner and improved my air flow around my burner to distribute c02 and the heat from the burner more evenly. I did see improvement. After that grow I broke everything down and redesigned my room completely. I placed my ac blower in my bridge outside the room along with my c02 burner. I used my ac to distribute my c02 through the rooms. I was talkin earlier about my improved health in my UC, I do feel this had a lot to do with it also. I didn't mention it earlier because you said your environment was dialed in. I think having the burner in the room gives us another element to evenly distribute. Whatchya think...

P

phup

I have a blower in my completed sealed room. The Co2 is not the issue, however, if you have a large humidfier in there you might be concentrating Ca as it precipitates out of solution in the air and gets deposited back into the buckets via the air pumps. Just a thought.

More importantly, here is a pick of my Bubba in my house. At one point they had the deficiencies we are all talking about, but I seem to have it beat. The aeration in this system is identical 14-20lpm/bucket as is the warehouse. In fact, this system might even have a little more aeration due to the shorter PVC airline runs.

For the longest time I was unable to get a hold of this deficiency as I was being advised not to use Calmag or to use it at extremely low levels. Since the addition of Calmag and epsom there has been dramatic improvement, although I was not seeing the same level of improvement at the warehouse. Over the course of 2 weeks I ran 0.8-0.9 EC.
Day 1 H&G base plus 0.25g/gal Epsom.
Day 4 + 0.25ml/gal Calmag
Day 6+ 0.5 ml/gal Calmag
Day 9 + H&G .5ml/gallon, 0.25mg/gallon Epsom
At this point the deficiency was no longer progressing.
Day 14 + 0.3ml/gal Epsom
Today, (Day 15) the ladies are eating 50-70ppm a day. Just topped up with H&G ) at 1ml/gal

I was running a similar profile in all of the systems at the warehouse but have been scratching my head since I assumed that both rooms were identical. Then today, I re-oriented my adjust-a-wings and immediately noticed that the light levels in my warehouse had actually been rather low as light was being thrown away from many of the buckets. Wondering if the low light levels might have been causing a Ca deficiency (seems counter-intuitive)??? Thought this was worth mentioning.

Healthy leaf
QuarterbackMo

QuarterbackMo

I have a blower in my completed sealed room. The Co2 is not the issue, however, if you have a large humidfier in there you might be concentrating Ca as it precipitates out of solution in the air and gets deposited back into the buckets via the air pumps. Just a thought.

More importantly, here is a pick of my Bubba in my house. At one point they had the deficiencies we are all talking about, but I seem to have it beat. The aeration in this system is identical 14-20lpm/bucket as is the warehouse. In fact, this system might even have a little more aeration due to the shorter PVC airline runs.

For the longest time I was unable to get a hold of this deficiency as I was being advised not to use Calmag or to use it at extremely low levels. Since the addition of Calmag and epsom there has been dramatic improvement, although I was not seeing the same level of improvement at the warehouse. Over the course of 2 weeks I ran 0.8-0.9 EC.
Day 6+ 0.5 ml/gal Calmag
Day 14 + 0.3ml/gal Epsom
Today, (Day 15) the ladies are eating 50-70ppm a day. Just topped up with H&G ) at 1ml/gal

I was running a similar profile in all of the systems at the warehouse but have been scratching my head since I assumed that both rooms were identical. Then today, I re-oriented my adjust-a-wings and immediately noticed that the light levels in my warehouse had actually been rather low as light was being thrown away from many of the buckets. Wondering if the low light levels might have been causing a Ca deficiency (seems counter-intuitive)??? Thought this was worth mentioning.
That leaf looks pretty good but its still got that hard look you know what I mean? Mine look the same way even with no spots on them. They never just look 100% relaxed and happy for some reason. Thats a good looking leaf though dont get me wrong its just not running at full speed you can tell...

QuarterbackMo

QuarterbackMo

Yeah, I have dealt with sporadic leaf issues due to my co2 burner. I believe a while back you made a thread about your plant problems and my thought was c02. My burner was getting stuck on and I was seeing some of the sane results you were then. Now that I think about it, after I had that issue with my burner I got my new one in and going. I started to see smaller signs of the same issues in different areas/levels in my room, even after my levels were dialed in.. I was thinking that I wasn't getting an even distribution of c02 in my room. I moved my burner and improved my air flow around my burner to distribute c02 and the heat from the burner more evenly. I did see improvement. After that grow I broke everything down and redesigned my room completely. I placed my ac blower in my bridge outside the room along with my c02 burner. I used my ac to distribute my c02 through the rooms. I was talkin earlier about my improved health in my UC, I do feel this had a lot to do with it also. I didn't mention it earlier because you said your environment was dialed in. I think having the burner in the room gives us another element to evenly distribute. Whatchya think...
Airflow is definitely not an issue in either room my plants are always dancing and my ac power is overpowering any heat the lights burner and chiller can kick out even on the hottest summer days my room temp is solid. I got some pretty bad ass fans that move a shitload of air around.

QuarterbackMo

QuarterbackMo

Day 6+ 0.5 ml/gal Calmag
Day 14 + 0.3ml/gal Epsom

My dehumidifers dont turn on till about week 6 in flower so thats out...even with the ugly spots my plants mangle food sometimes up to 150ppm a day depending on when in the cycle it is. Its a crazy problem whatever it is. And all my airpumps are outside the room. And my plants always get blasted with light... I veg and flower under 1000w mh and 1000w hps.

The best bubba run I had so far it was 1-2 ml of calmag through out the whole veg and like 3- 3 1/2ml up to week 6 in bloom i never had to use epsom with bubba though it would have probably helped thinking back on it.

Post up your exact recipe that you use from start to finish.

M

medmaneast

Cultured solutions nutrients....cell phone camera or not these are as nice as it gets IMO can ask for much more...

Leaf day 24

Over head shot day 24

Nothing wrong with the UC....bogus thread...

Top Bottom