A few questions for only the seasoned growers

• Thread starter THegrowshow
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
freegrow

freegrow

Premium Member
Supporter
I'm sorry seamaiden I'm away from home right .ow not near a computer but please Google it and you will be surprised. Many laundry detergents, soaps, hospitals, carpet.cleaning companies and other cleansing type companies use enzymes as cleaners. I mean bacteria are the worlds decomposers and they use enzymes to break apart compounds before the bacteria gobbles them up. Do you not think this aspect is true I mean I understand you saying you don't think hygroyme is full of enzymes but to rebuke a scientific fact that people wayyy more informed and knowledgeable than anyone on the farmer?

dont think she rebuked it she stated that the top rated sterilizing systems dont use them :hi

and after researching it is used but it is far from main stream high end sterilization practise

S

Sea Of Green

Well I googled enzymatic cleaning agents, and the first on the top of the list was a company that "Manufactures a complete line of instrument care and cleaning Products for the medical field".

So go figure...although I am a genius. But it didn't take any special genius ability to do that. That and I'd seen the mythbusters episode with the dead pig in the car...guess what works best to get the smell out?

freegrow

freegrow

Premium Member
Supporter
Well I googled enzymatic cleaning agents, and the first on the top of the list was a company that "Manufactures a complete line of instrument care and cleaning Products for the medical field".

So go figure...although I am a genius. But it didn't take any special genius ability to do that. That and I'd seen the mythbusters episode with the dead pig in the car...guess what works best to get the smell out?

they dont kill pathogens or viruses or bacteria good for stains proteins and the like but not for sterilization

S

Sea Of Green

AFAIK you are correct on that. On their own they aren't used for sterilization.

However, the aforementioned company sells a full line of "Enzymatic/Detergent Cleaners" for use in washer-sterilizer/disinfector, and ultrasonic cleaning equipment(such as those often found in a medical facility). The reasons for it being fairly obvious of course(aiding in the removal/breakdown of contaminants, stains, proteins and the like). So to say that enzymes are of no use in the sterilization process would be a little misleading, IMO.

I'm not implying that's what you're saying, as I don't believe it is.

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
way back I heard hygrozyme was septic enzymes - just recently I was told they were used in the medical field

shit smells like beer yeast to me

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
I'm sorry seamaiden I'm away from home right .ow not near a computer but please Google it and you will be surprised. Many laundry detergents, soaps, hospitals, carpet.cleaning companies and other cleansing type companies use enzymes as cleaners. I mean bacteria are the worlds decomposers and they use enzymes to break apart compounds before the bacteria gobbles them up. Do you not think this aspect is true I mean I understand you saying you don't think hygroyme is full of enzymes but to rebuke a scientific fact that people wayyy more informed and knowledgeable than anyone on the farmer?
Their claim was that enzymes are the number one method (paraprhasing here w/out going back to reread) for sterilization in the medical industry. So, I Googled on methods for sterilization in medical industry. I found not one result that mentioned enzymes, not a single one.

So I went to Google Scholar, where you're going to find published and cited scientific papers. There are papers on enzymes, but not on enzymes being used to sterilize. Several papers speak to sterilizing enzymes with another method or product, though.

I have never used Hygrozyme, and based on what they say about it, I can't figure out its mode of action other than the mysterious "enzymatic action" thing. I'm not saying it doesn't do what they say it does, I'm just saying that the "information" they're putting out there isn't very informative and the moment I read them confusing macrobes with microbes I began looking for other mistakes. I saw the bit about sterilization, which is different from just cleaning, I needed to look further.
way back I heard hygrozyme was septic enzymes - just recently I was told they were used in the medical field

Now this is the aspect that most interests me, and it's twofold because we're on an engineered septic system and I've been incredulous as to whether or not the stuff you find at the market is really doing anything. And then you say that Hygrozyme smells like beer, and that's also interesting. Perhaps someone could have some fun putting Hygrozyme under a scope, eh?

How about "pond" enzymes? Those types of products weren't out when I was working the trade, and again, I've found myself incredulous that they really work (to clean up bottom scum), but I'm always ready to learn new things and try out new stuff if it's got any foundation in fact. If you look up "pond enzymes" you find some very interesting products. I just found an Autumn Leaves Digester. They make no claims about sterilization. Hmmm...

freegrow

freegrow

Premium Member
Supporter
Hygrozyme is "pond" enzymes its pond cleaner with a fancy name so hydro stores can sell it

also when enzymes break something down its usualy in to something else
what are they releasing after enzymatic action takes place?

freegrow

freegrow

Premium Member
Supporter
lol

say it aint so motherload ........you dont sniff enzyme farts do you loljk

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
nah I gave that up last year

seriously I smell anything and everything thats going in or on my plants

S

Sea Of Green

Me too. I've yet to taste it to see if there's any resemblance. Wouldn't surprise me if it turned out to be derived from some type of yeast though. Since yeasts too are fungi that produce various different enzymes depending on species.

freegrow

freegrow

Premium Member
Supporter
weirdo

lol I like the smell of floalicious plus..........kinda like farting in bed and putting your head under the covers ......only in winter jeezz

cemchris

cemchris

Supporter
Me too. I've yet to taste it to see if there's any resemblance. Wouldn't surprise me if it turned out to be derived from some type of yeast though. Since yeasts too are fungi that produce various different enzymes depending on species.

Yea but hygrozyme doesn't have a shelf life and they say there are no live organisms in it. Don't think its yeast.

S

Sea Of Green

Not yeast, derived from...possibly(more than likely IMO).
de·rive
verb /diˈrīv/ 
derived, past participle; derived, past tense; derives, 3rd person singular present; deriving, present participle

1.Obtain something from (a specified source)
- they derived great comfort from this assurance

2.Base a concept on a logical extension or modification of (another concept)
- Eliot derived his poetics from the French Symbolists

3.(of a word) Have (a specified word, usually of another language) as a root or origin
- the word “punch” derives from the Hindustani “pancha”
- the word “man” is derived from the Sanskrit “manas.”

4.Arise from or originate in (a specified source)
- words whose spelling derives from Dr. Johnson's incorrect etymology

5.(of an expression in a natural language) Be linked by a set of stages to (its underlying abstract form)

6.(of a substance) Be formed or prepared by (a chemical or physical process affecting another substance)
- enzymes are derived from bacteria and fungi such as yeasts.

7.Obtain (a function or equation) from another by a sequence of logical steps, for example by differentiation
HYGROZYME may well be "the greatest breakthrough in Horticulture in the last decade." Simply explained: it is developed using a proprietary bio-fermentation process, made from ALL NATURAL ingredients that produce a supply of BACTERIA-FREE enzymes and complex chains of amino acids.
enzymology

the branch of biochemistry that studies enzym es. Also called zymology. — enzymologist, n.

the branch of biology that studies fermentation and enzymes. Also called zymology. — enzymologist, n. — enzymologie, enzymological, adj.

freegrow

freegrow

Premium Member
Supporter
all this

the microbes in the soil contain all the enzymes that a plant needs now you can super charge your plant and be in the know about things but its like another thread I saw where they are using uvb lights to enhance normal lighting .....well after looking in to it the amount of help that it gives is not worth spending money or more than $20.00 on

with that said ...isit worth it ?

what are the benifits ? and how much benifit ?

what are the cost ?

do these equal out ?

in hygrozyme I would say no unless you get a root problem and fix it the hygrozyme can help trim dead roots that you cant get to but anything else is a wast of money JMO:hi

Nobodynobody

Nobodynobody

Ok here is what I know. zym is zym. I use sensizym by the 5gs and hydrozym by the pallets. Also nitrozym. Its all the same stuff.

Next point. what is is use for? to brake down old roots, or to let you rewater faster. There is no real plant food in this.

When to use it? well if your rerouteing medium and have to clean the old roots off. Use it for few 5 weeks then be done. Next if you have a Bug problem in the roots. You want to get ride of those old roots no?

Other wise start useing 10oz/55G drum vs 20oz/55G. A friend uses it ever other week. All zym bottles does not say much of anything of thing and act like it will fix everything.

symbiote420

symbiote420

Everybody buying this and don't even know what it is doing for their crops, really! Maybe if my soil was white then I'd know for sure it was cleaning my rootzone, I've used it on 5 crops now and there is no significant reason for me to keep spending that much money. None. The one product that I will say did bump up my yields was Extreme Gardening's Mykos I'll keep buying that! I get my enzymes from kelp meal, they break shit down just as fast and it's waaaaay cheaper.

sedate

sedate

I get nothing from hygrozyme but sickly neon orangish root rot.

The shit is worthless as far as I'm concerned.

G

geoduck

hygrozyme helps me manage the root zone.

at 7-12ml/g hygrozyme cures rootrot associated with overwatering

enzymes are proteins or protein-like complex molecules that catalyze reactions; hygrozyme breaks down organic materials on the surfaces of roots, and it limits algae growth.

if you were to use hygrozyme in a recirc setup with lots of organics in the reservior, it will give you sludge! on the other hand if you were to apply hygrozyme at the first sign of root rot, it will work wonders for you.

there are competing products which target root zone problems: zone, microbes, h2o2 etc.. u just have to find a combination that works for your setup.

Top Bottom