A Mix Of Auto's

• Thread starter Quagmire
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Quagmire

Quagmire

I wanted to start a thread to show all the different strains I'll be trying this time around
As usual I'll be looking to keep the 6 best looking females to keep and flower out, so to allow
for a few that may not germinate fully and males, I tend to start plenty to avoid disappointment .
This grow:
6 - Bad Red Bitch... test grow for Seraphim19
6 - TWOG.. Auto Afghan x Trainwreck x Oger's Kush
The one's below are all doubled up with 2 seeds per pot..
6- Lucy Dip... mixed seeds by Seraphim growing just to try, see what shows.
and these 8 seeds were just harvested and I wanted to test them..
6 - Demigod... Deimos x Max/Superfreak X Godzilla Grape #5 x Max/Superfreak
2 - Mongo (after my dog)... GG#5 x Maxine/Superfreak X GG#5 x Maxine/Superfreak.

A mix of autos

A mix of autos 3

I add 1/8 tsp of both Oregonism XL and Gnatrol and stir it in, then watering using filtered water with 1tsp of Root66 per gallon of water.. I doubled the strength of what I usually use because of re-using this soil for the 3rd time I worry the minerals may be getting a bit depleted ..

A mix of autos 2

After making a hole for the seedling after watering, I drop each one in and place some fresh soil on top of
it and water very lightly using a mini baster.. ok, a baby snot ball remover, let's call it what it is... hehe but I use this to water my babies for the next week or so to avoid damaging the fine starter roots..
A mix of autos 4

The Bad Red Bitch and TWOG are all single potted with one seed per pot as these are my main choice, but I always add some extra's of other strains just in case I have germination issues or babies that stem over or just give up as some tend to do and who knows why, they just do.. so I always have a backup plan to I can get my 6 females I need for a decent grow..

A mix of autos 5

Check in for weekly updates.... laters

Hendrix

Hendrix

Just curious, would growing less plants give the others more space to grow and have the same, or more yield.

Quagmire

Quagmire

Just curious, would growing less plants give the others more space to grow and have the same, or more yield.

Well, the idea is NOT to grow this many plants by all means.. the idea is that because you automatically lose 1/2 to males, so now down to like 10 plants, then a few that never germinate or die just because of bad luck or bad seeds your now down to maybe 8 females to choose the 6 keepers you need to achieve your goal.. I've put down 10 regular seeds before and wound up with 9 males. So, I've learned to put down almost triple to achieve my 6. I by chance I wind up with a lot of ladies, I will still only pick the top 6 because that is all I have room for. Now if I was running Photo period plants, I'd probably run just 4 to give me roof form some big side branching.. but with Auto's I find 6 do just fine in this room... look at some of my older posts and you'll see what 6 nice females looks like in my room, sorry, but I don't save photos but they are on a thread here & there... hope this helps ya understand my method of madness..

Quagmire

Quagmire

Well, so far 2 BRB has popped up and growing, 4 TWOG have also pushed threw and thrown their shells off.. so far a few others are showing the lumps like they are fighting but none of the 6 Lucky Dip have and I plan on backing them up soon with some of my Sniper.

Quagmire

Quagmire

Update: 10 plants above soil.
2 - Bad Red Bitch
4 - TWOG
4 - Demeter

Dropped into water last night, already sunk to bottom and in paper towels are seeds so fresh they literally came out of buds 2wks ago are my very own " Sniper " ..
7 - Seeds germinating so I can catch up my numbers quickly and hopefully find my best 6 females and donor male if I choose to pollinate this run or not..

Quagmire

Quagmire

UP do date, plants above soil as of tonight..
2 - BRB
4 - TWOG
6 - Demeter

Now waiting on: 2 Mongo and 7 Sniper.. if I can get my goal of 16 to show I better my chances of finding 6 lovelies.. photos soon. nite

str8smokn

str8smokn

Sorry to hear of the lucky dips not popping for you. I had the two of my Scouser's break soil.my Big D I Germed cracked but that was it,so I scraped it and started another Big D . I scuffed these up before placing I between wet paper towels in ziplock bag..
Good luck on this adventure,I know it's getting better every time for you.
STR8

Quagmire

Quagmire

Sorry to hear of the lucky dips not popping for you. I had the two of my Scouser's break soil.my Big D I Germed cracked but that was it,so I scraped it and started another Big D . I scuffed these up before placing I between wet paper towels in ziplock bag..
Good luck on this adventure,I know it's getting better every time for you.
STR8

Thanks man... but as we all know shit happens huh? And I dropped enough other strains to make up for it and they are performing very good.. the TWOG are very impressive and the last ones I started are a breeding project of my own called Sniper that popped up in a mere 48+hrs.. Already impressing me with cool traits like polyploidy leaf's and purple stems.. let's take another peek at things...

Meet the gang..
IMG 0057

BRB #1
Bad Red Bitch 1

up closer
BRB 1

BRB #2
Bad Red Bitch 2

Now for the fast growing TWOG's
TWOG #1
TWOG 1

TWOG #2 + 2b

TWOG 2  2B

TWOG #3
TWOG

up next is DmaX
Deimos x Max/Superfreak pollinated by Godzilla Grape #5 x Max/Superfreak.. This new cross is looking very uniform..
DmaX 2  2b

DmaX 2  2b

I planted these in doubles and all 6 of them popped up..
DmaX

UP 1st is the Sniper Polyploid..
Polyploid Sniper

Sniper #2
Sniper 3

Sniper #3
Sniper 3

Sniper
Snipers

I'm pretty stoked and know now that I'll have no issue in finding my 6 females for keepers with only 1 Sniper left to show... stayed tuned campers...

Bad Red Bitch 1
BRB 1
Bad Red Bitch 2
Sniper 1
Quagmire

Quagmire

Ok, the last Sniper did not make it, I think it got flipped upside down on inplant because I alwaysdig them out slowly so I can inspect them and see just what happened.. The tap root had twisted into a complete circle like it had been a bit confused on which way was down and by the time it did it was to late, although it did try...

Quagmire

Quagmire

IMG 0001
IMG 0008
IMG 0020
IMG 0023
What a difference 2 days can make.. 6 of 7 Snipers are kicking it hard and, 2 nights ago I gave them their 1st feeding and I usually wait until week 2 but decided to try something different after looking at Seraphim's feeding schedule again..

Fed them:
1 tsp - Buddha Grow
1 tsp - Trinity Catalyst (A good catalyst can make or break a grow IMHO)
1 tsp - Root66 (being replaced w/fertilome blooming & rooting soluble plant food..
1/8 tsp - Buddha Bloom

They took off like crazy.

Quagmire

Quagmire

IMG 0015
I decided to put together a feeding schedule and this is what I did last night using Paint..

Last edited:
Quagmire

Quagmire

well, I found out from the buddy who gifted me the TWOG that they are NOT auto flowering genetics, he only used the Auto Afghan to speed up the flowering time of his strain to around 45-50 days.. So, now I have to flip my light schedule to 12/12 to force flower them and possibly not get the most out of my Autos this run..
Sniper is the big surprise at a mere 10 days old she is catching up to the others very quickly.. pretty amazed really.
On Seraphim's Bad Red Bitch I wound up with a male and a female and with his permission I'm making some F1 seeds for myself and a few friends.. plus the pollen may hit a few of my other gals..
Like Dmax who has shown 2 lovely ladies to add to things and now have transplanted both of them and the female BRB into 3gal nursery pots.. saving the larger square pots for the double potted plants.. TWOG.

Here's an updated photo SHOOT

First up is BRB female with the male sitting right next to her
IMG 0175

Then my SNIPER, just a few of 6 that still need to sex.. they were started about a week behind the others so they are only 10 days old
The Triple leaf Sniper
Sniper

Then some Dmax, the 2 females I kept sitting in their 3gal pots already
IMG 0187

Finally TWOG... again, these are non autos' but very fast flowering.. let's see if they are faster then the full on Auto's..

IMG 0191
IMG 0177
IMG 0190

Until next time.... the Sniper should show sex next, hoping for 2 of them and maybe 2 TWOG.. be a nice number of girls

Quagmire

Quagmire

Things are coming along pretty good at 1mos into these Auto's.. the Bad Red Bitch from Seraphim here is turning into a real beauty.. along with the ones my wife now calls DV8R, Godzilla Grape #5 cross.. Sniper has a super amount of stretch to it after having to flip lighting to 12/12 to flower out the 3 TWOG's and only for them to all be males..

1st 2 photos are of the Sniper: AK47 x BubbleguN X Godzilla Grape #5
IMG 0018
IMG 0007

The next 2 are BRB: Bad Red Bitch from Seraphim19's test grow
IMG 0022
IMG 0026

DV8R: Deimos x Maxine/Superfreak X Godzilla Grape #5 x Max/SF
IMG 0045
IMG 0046

Quagmire

Quagmire

well, even though nobody is watching this thread, I still have to post up my most recent photos of the girls..

IMG 0002
IMG 0003
IMG 0005
IMG 0007
IMG 0009
IMG 0010
IMG 0021
IMG 0003
IMG 0011
IMG 0021

These shots were just before a little flushing and their 1st feeding of Calmag as I was broke and didn't have any product, next grow should be much better using it from veg..... peace

Quagmire

Quagmire

Next Grow I'm going to take a break away from Auto Flowering and grow something special..
Pacifica's G13 x Black Widow, Kate: SFV OG x Chemdog,
LBL = Long Bottom Leaf, SFVOG x Jacks Cleaner 2. Hoping to find a nice male of the LBL to hit all the females with... gotta save these genetics..

Top Bottom