A Single Straw Can Start A Revolution. - Masanobu Fukuoka

• Thread starter Organikz
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Organikz

Organikz

The bulb in the phantom is horizontal?I thought they were vert.
Lmao too early this morning and.1 coffee short. Thank you sir. The phantom burns vertically and it puts off more lumens in this fashion.

Organikz

Organikz

If your plants have properly flushed smoke will be cool and smooth and it should burn down to this,white ash. No lingering nitrogen. That's a quick dry in the oven and I was baked for 4 hours.

CallmeTex

CallmeTex

I like using the tomato cages so I can take individual plants out to work on them. Easy to bend branches out around the rings for a little lst, and even out the canopy this way.

Hey Organix, have you checked for light leaks?

Organikz

Organikz

I like using the tomato cages so I can take individual plants out to work on them. Easy to bend branches out around the rings for a little lst, and even out the canopy this way.

Hey Organix, have you checked for light leaks?
I think I did allow a leak. I need to tape the light on my fan. I was warned but damn you would think the moon throws more lumens.

I did confirm the nanner. I think nanners are just a landrace sativa guarantee. The mazar is the culprit.

Usually end up with fluffy buds with a leak. The buds are so dense and frosty that when I was cutting large fans off I slipped and cut a bud but it wouldn't cut into it.

Last edited:
Organikz

Organikz

Been busy getting the stage set
Here's what I've been up to besides working my ass off at my job. Im ready to pack up and just go buy a few acres in the boonies. Little trailer and a jungle is all I need.

》I got my blumat irrigation drippers installed. I will wait until tomorrow to really dial them in. I bit the bullet and ordered some blumat moisture meters. No other compare. You can keep them in the dirt and they're 100% accurate. I'll have to get some protective caps. I should have purchases one a while ago. I almost killed a whole cycle running in 10g pots because of a faulty moisture meter.

If anyone wonders how this system works, it operates off of capillary pressure. As the carrot dries it slowly opens the valve. So your moisture stays right where you set it. No fluctuation. They can be adjusted. In no till 5 on the moisure is the magic number.

We also have to keep soil moist to avoid killing our microbial friends.

》threw down cover crops. I use the build a a soil mix.

》 no more starts. Sowing directly into the dirt. I threw down NL,WW, and AK.

☆ I'll keep my starts in the pots they're in for mothers. They seem to be pepping up. I left then in peat too long. I'll run the blackberry and mystery beans in my big pot. But I'm using clones in there. One of the blackberry is a strong pheno. Twice as tall as the others.

Last edited:
Freshone

Freshone

That looks like alot of larger (3/4) rock in that mix?I just brought in about 9 cu ft of a combo of pumice(70%)and 3/8" black lava rock in preparation of a new batch of soil.I'm lucky and I get it all free as my neighbor delivers to high end nurseries etc so it's one thing I don't pay for.
I'm interested in how you set up Blumats,how many per bed,placement,reservoir setup etc.Have you ever had a runaway?I've seen whole rooms flooded before but pretty sure it was user error.Gotta love the Blumats though.

Last edited:
Organikz

Organikz

That looks like alot of larger (3/4) rock in that mix?I just brought in about 9 cu ft of a combo of pumice(70%)and 3/8" black lava rock in preparation of a new batch of soil.I'm lucky and I get it all free as my neighbor delivers to high end nurseries etc so it's one thing I don't pay for.
I'm interested in how you set up Blumats,how many per bed,placement,reservoir setup etc.Have you ever had a runaway?I've seen whole rooms flooded before but pretty sure it was user error.Gotta love the Blumats though.
I let bigger chunks go here and there. I don't have an issue. My sizes vary from dust to 3/4 but I add a little extra to make up for it. I also mix biochar to help.

Dude you're lucky as hell to get pregraded pumice. Shits expensive.

I did flood my tent. People don't know how to set them. They just start dripping in dry soil. I premoisten to 5. Then I open them and close until I see the hanging drop than never drips. Then i throttle it back 1 notch. And its set.

It's good to open the lines up and blow them out from time to time.

Freshone

Freshone

Pumice is cheap when you buy it by the truckload!
I get everything in bulk if possible,I have a big dump trailer I use for picking up what I need,just got a dump trailer load of manure from an organic dairy for free that I'll use in my worm trenches after it Cooks down(takes about a year).Also got a gardener who drops me off all his leaves now instead of taking them to the dump,I'm lucky to have a big property to set up multiple cold compost bins.

Organikz

Organikz

Pumice is cheap when you buy it by the truckload!
I get everything in bulk if possible,I have a big dump trailer I use for picking up what I need,just got a dump trailer load of manure from an organic dairy for free that I'll use in my worm trenches after it Cooks down(takes about a year).Also got a gardener who drops me off all his leaves now instead of taking them to the dump,I'm lucky to have a big property to set up multiple cold compost bins.
Nice. Yeah i would love to live on some open land. I'm in the city. It's where my work is.

You didn't mention you run no till. I am running a compost bin and it's about 3 months from mature.

Also circling back I'm glad you reminded me. Here what I do with blumat between each cycle. I pull the carrots and soak them in warm water as well as the irrigators. After that i run them under warm water and just open and shut the irrigators. I take the carrots apart to make sure no dirt or anyth8ng is lodged in the valve. I've heard of worms crawling into them. Part of the reason I want the meters. I try to do looks coming back to the source so that way like Christmas lights if 8ne malfunctions they won't all malfunction.

Organikz

Organikz

On another note I pulled the mulch back. I have a 2" layer of mycellium lol. Under there were worms covering every inch. I mean wads and wads and big ass balls of worm castings. I grabbed a few handfulls of worms and put them in the geopot. I was thinking of using the big pot as a worm reactor/living composter but that soil is dialed. The worms are thriving. Tons of soil life. I didn't touch my mulch until now.

It's also loaded with predatory mites. Worms love the alfalfa straw. It's just loaded with worm castings and worms. I could make tea from the top 4" of soil lol.

I also jeep the masses together. They will thrive and reproduce faster in swarms.

Last edited:
Freshone

Freshone

I would not say I run no till,kind of an odd term to use for what we do anyways.Id say I'm just an old soil grower.When I started doing this decades ago we grew in what we had or made,could not go to a hydro store and get whatever you wanted.Now it's easy,I use my castings and compost,aeration I get from my neighbor(he hauls 30 tons at a time,daily!)and I call BAS for the soil kits because I'm lazy,lol.
I'm mixing up a 3.8+2.2 kit together this evening when it cools down.What amazes me is all the info available out there now,teas,topdresesses etc etc,I can hardly keep up.Organic soil is like the thing to do nowadays,funny how things come back around to where they started.K.I.S.S. I guess.

Organikz

Organikz

I would not say I run no till,kind of an odd term to use for what we do anyways.Id say I'm just an old soil grower.When I started doing this decades ago we grew in what we had or made,could not go to a hydro store and get whatever you wanted.Now it's easy,I use my castings and compost,aeration I get from my neighbor(he hauls 30 tons at a time,daily!)and I call BAS for the soil kits because I'm lazy,lol.
I'm mixing up a 3.8+2.2 kit together this evening when it cools down.What amazes me is all the info available out there now,teas,topdresesses etc etc,I can hardly keep up.Organic soil is like the thing to do nowadays,funny how things come back around to where they started.K.I.S.S. I guess.
Yeah and the funny thing is a lot of guys backed off the teas. A lot of the old school mofos I talk to prefer top dress now. I think the KISS got too complicated so they resimplified it.

CallmeTex

CallmeTex

Yeah and the funny thing is a lot of guys backed off the teas. A lot of the old school mofos I talk to prefer top dress now. I think the KISS got too complicated so they resimplified it.
Yo mang, I've got a q for you about your Blu mats. What do you use for a reservoir?

Organikz

Organikz

I sowed directly in the bed. Hard to tell among the cover crop. They'll jump out. I crammed these plants. No training.

The predatory mites have taken the fort. Not a single fungus gnat in days. I sealed my room a bit more thoroughly.

Starts are picking up. I left them in the root cubes too long but they're bouncing back.

Still don't know what I want to do with the starts. I may run some #15 smarties along the front and hang a 400w hps over them. I'm tring to keep my light in tight.

Last edited:
Organikz

Organikz

@CallmeTex I wanted to let you know that if you go with the reservoir make sure it's as high as you can get it. A 13g tote at the least. As the res gets low the pressure drops obviously because of loss of head pressure.

When my res would get about half empty it would have trouble feeding the farthest irrigators and it varies depending on the res level. Either go with an autofill in the res or straight pipe it.

I've had problems with float valves sticking and overflowed res when I did reef tanks.

@Freshone got me thinking I should install an autostop with a water sensor puck. They make them for washing machines it would go right in line with the hose connection to the blumat adapter.

CallmeTex

CallmeTex

@CallmeTex I wanted to let you know that if you go with the reservoir make sure it's as high as you can get it. A 13g tote at the least. As the res gets low the pressure drops obviously because of loss of head pressure.

When my res would get about half empty it would have trouble feeding the farthest irrigators and it varies depending on the res level. Either go with an autofill in the res or straight pipe it.

I've had problems with float valves sticking and overflowed res when I did reef tanks.

@Freshone got me thinking I should install an autostop with a water sensor puck. They make them for washing machines it would go right in line with the hose connection to the blumat adapter.

Grood to know. How many bluemats would your run per 10 gallon container?

Top Bottom