A Single Straw Can Start A Revolution. - Masanobu Fukuoka

• Thread starter Organikz
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Organikz

Organikz

Wowzers....wth happened lol. I just got back in. What's with all these hostilities? Please step out. This isn't a debate. Go read if you want to learn. Nothing need be explained.

Last edited:
Organikz

Organikz

@dnewsome2 is correct. We are building humus. The humus is pH neutral. I don't have to pH my water. Excess cations are consumed by microbes. Magnesium neauralizes acid as its liberated. It's a hydrogen magnesium balance.

@fatawa
https://forum.grasscity.com/threads/no-till-gardening-revisited.1400505/
A link to help you understand the goal as a no till gardener

This is not an argument of what's better and I don't have a thing to prove. I'm getting the sense your mind is made up on what's better and that's your opinion and I respect that.

Last edited:
Neter Sentra

Neter Sentra

I remember my first current culture system, then building dd's patient buckets, then the waterfall systems, the trying out a version of Jalisco Kids systems. To much work.

Organikz

Organikz

@fatawa I was talking to gnome. He doesn't understand a natural flush. Yah i hit some bumps. I'm sorry I just don't want green hydro buds that haven't been flushed posted in a noncultivation thread by someone who doesn't understant the metabolic processes of a natural growing plant.

The goal in this method takes a little time to achieve. We are building soil for the future. The first run takes some work tuning things. I dont expect magnificent buds like this for a year minimum.

You need to read before you bash it. By 3rd or 4th cycle all I'm doing is tossing some kelp and karanja and compost on every 2 or 3 cycles. By 2 years water only and adding compost and trimmings as mulch.

You need at least a 3" thick humus layer before it's fully self sustaining. Yes it takes tweaking.when you first craft soil.

A part of this is to get some grows in to build microbial cultures. These arent expected to be high times quality but the do me justice. Better than store bought.

Last edited:
CallmeTex

CallmeTex

Very nice thread Organikz. Just read through and love all the discussion. I've picked up One Straw Rev a time or two, very nice read.. Digging the no till, looking forward to see what you can pull once you get your soil beefed up and get those 2 315's in there. Good luck, many blessings:fire:

Polar510

Polar510

Not sure how My post wasnt directed at the Author of this post. But thanks for Chiming in:) maybe you spouted off before You read Organikz last post.
#Staff

Polar510

Polar510

I'm good I have all the attention I can stand, lol.
Sorry about that. I thought You were taking shots at My Comment for No reason.
Who was it directed at then? Or were You just trying to get the Conversation more focused?Just Curious at this point, no issue....

Organikz

Organikz

We are all one in the same no matter what methods. We find cannabis to be a beautiful and very useful flower. However this is the focus of achieving soil that is everlasting in nutritional value. We utilize the soil food web to achieve this.

Let's all refocus and ignore the distractions.

Last edited:
Organikz

Organikz

Very nice thread Organikz. Just read through and love all the discussion. I've picked up One Straw Rev a time or two, very nice read.. Digging the no till, looking forward to see what you can pull once you get your soil beefed up and get those 2 315's in there. Good luck, many blessings:fire:
Glad to have you on board

Organikz

Organikz

Installed a boiler drain and connected the blumat feed. Now I'm fully automated irrigation. As a plumber I know I absolutely have to keep my irrigators elevated off.the dirt to prevent water backfeed contamination. The pressure reducer may have one built in. Anyone speak Austrian? Lol

5.0 moisture constant.

20170724 185328
fatawa

fatawa

@fatawa I was talking to gnome. He doesn't understand a natural flush. Yah i hit some bumps. I'm sorry I just don't want green hydro buds that haven't been flushed posted in a noncultivation thread by someone who doesn't understant the metabolic processes of a natural growing plant.
dnt b a hater....lol.i do flush 3-5days w/florakleen.

fatawa

fatawa

You need at least a 3" thick humus layer before it's fully self sustaining. Yes it takes tweaking.when you first craft soil.
i can dig that.my question was giv me percentages of how to start.i can read plants very well.what do u start with?

Organikz

Organikz

i can dig that.my question was giv me percentages of how to start.i can read plants very well.what do u start with?
"Base soil mix:

1:1:1: CSPM (Canadian Sphagnum Peat Moss) : Pumice/Lava rock : Compost - Malibus B/U is an excellent choice if it is available in your area.

Amended per cuF with:

1/2 - 1 cup Neem or Karanja
1/2 - 1 cup Kelp
1/2 - 1 cup Crab/Crustacean meal
1 cup MBP (Malted Barley Powder)

1/2 cup Gypsum (nice sulphur source)
4-6 cups Basalt
6-8 cups Biochar

***Small handful of worms per container*** In beds, lets say 4x8 for example, something like a handful per 2x2 area is more than plenty. I’ve seen quite a number of instances where a very large number of worms are started with and while there is nothing wrong with that I feel it not only detracts from the purpose but is wholly unnecessary as worms will regulate their population in containers so you risk simply a huge waste of money and worms right out the gate. IMO it is better to start with a small amount and allow your mini ecosystem to develop ‘naturally’ and soil life will find it’s own balance that is most appropriate for any given size body of soil - make sense?"

Here's the link again.
https://forum.grasscity.com/threads/no-till-gardening-revisited.1400505/

Honestly I like to throw some bone meal because as you see this is a very light mix. You don't even have to cook it.

Organikz

Organikz

When to harvest

Since we're about 2 or 3 weeks out from harvest I am going to share the article I've read on what a ripe plant really is. This is a sticky.

"Is it ready yet?: SpruceZeus's take on marijuanaripeness.
This is by no means meant to be the definitive guide to knowing when to chop your plant, only my views on the subject.

I'm personally of the opinion that 90% of the growers on this site (And probably in general) harvest too early. By letting the plants go a little longer you're ensuring that the've plumped as much as they're going to.
Despite popular opinion to the contrary(and don't fool yourself, the jury is still out on this one) Recent studies have shown ;contrary to what was previously believed, that THC itself (And its predecessor THC-A) are quite guilty of causing the confusion and drowsiness associated with burnout and other cannabinoids (our friend CBN, and a handful of others) to be the catalyst (along with THC) to being 'high' rather than 'baked'
Regardless, whether or not theres any substance to the aforementioned study, its easy to get the high you want.
If you want a soaring 'cerebral' high: Get yourself a tropical sativa that contains a high level of THC-V and grow it until it is ripe.
If you want the narcotic couchlock stone, grow a rugged indica until its ripe.
Notice a pattern of growing it until its ripe? Its a really good rule to live by.
OF course we have to remember that there is more to a good high than just THC. At last countthere are at least 66 cannabinoids, and we don't know what most of them do.

Now alot of people will tell you that you should harvest based on the colour of your trichomes. But (again, in my opinion) that is far too simplistic and there are too many variables to make that an effective strategy. I've made that point a million times before and i'm not going to re-hash it here,(maybe just a bit) but rest assured there is more to the picture than just trich colour.

A ripe marijuana plant will be filled in, will have an amber tinge to the buds. The pistils should have browned (or orange-d) off and receded into the buds. The seed bracts should be swollen and the trichomes should be sticking straight out with bulbous ends. Also, because you're coming close to the end of plant's life cycle, the leaves should have yellowed off and started to die.

one of my plants, 3 days before chop-chop.

Another very important (imho) reason to let your plants mature is Terpenoid production. Terpenes are responsible for alot of the complex (Andenjoyable) flavours that cannabis produces. Some of the most intense flavours are produced on the "downslope" of cannabis's life cycle. My personal experience with this first came when i was growing GH cheese. One of the plants i harvested at 8 weeks and it tasted pretty nice and had pretty dense buds. The other i grew until about 9 1/2 weeks and it had most amazing, sour, skunky, delicious taste with rock hard buds."

Last edited:
Top Bottom