Abominable Snowman and Foo Dog Getting a female touch !!

• Thread starter Medusa
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Medusa

Medusa

Trichome Engineer
Supporter
So maybe I should of painted the pollin on instead of letting the male hang out? Well this will be interesting to see how they come out ... Yes and the selection am excited about seeing in the challenge and learning from a master !! Thanks for the knowledge Boss :):cool:

JAWS

JAWS

Actually I meant the opposite. The more seeded those coloas are or the whole plant is for that matter, the longer and smaller the seeds seem to be. Not that Ive noticed any differences in seed size being a contributing factor to identifying select plants. But the more the plant is seeded the more work it has to do to mature all those beans. I run my females after they have been seeded with a medium fertilizer regiment, and no need to boost the Phos like you would if your growing sensimillia. Definately keep the N and K in the regiment and don't cut them out.

So yes, you can overload a plant with male pollen and what I generally see is alot more white seeds that dont mature properly along with the majority of what the plant is producing. But ultimately in the end, it doesnt really matter Medusa, this is all just the small stuff when it comes to breeding. Seeds are going to come no matter what. Its the selection process that is the key to it all. And feel free to pick my brain anytime Medusa :)

yes indeed OVER POLLINATION is a real issue that some don't believe but its very true, the over pollination of a plant does EXACTLY what loompa has stated you get much more in mature seeds because of the overwhelming over pollination and that plant just can not maintain enough energy to produce fully mature seeds. what you end up with in most cases is lots of white soft in mature seeds and also odd shaped ones as well due to lack of food. i think it's also possible to slightly herm a normally solid plant do to the extra stress the female plant is going through just trying to mature out an overwhelming number of seeds.

i like to do a double dusting and that's it, i like to hit my girls between 18-21 days flower and then again around day 28 usually on a 70 day finisher.

the hit at 18-21 insure me that i get some seeds at harvest time the second dusting around the 28 mark insure me that i get a decent number of seeds per plant, been doing it this way for years with good results. i don't do to much branch dusting any more i have move to just doing whole plants with a branch dusting on thing's i want to look at in the future. also on a single branch dusting i try to hit it with a mid dash of pollen not an overly heavy dusting, i want great quality seeds from a single branch dusting aposed to trying to get a bunch of seeds from a single branch.

much respect:writing:

Medusa

Medusa

Trichome Engineer
Supporter
@JAWS Man sounds like I am going to have a bunch of little rice seeds. Because they were covered. This subject has not been covered here ! Just goes to show the knowledge I learn everyday and everyone else for that matter. Will show pics of what I get. Do u spray them with water after ? This is the first time have done it this way didn't want to pollinate my flower room and move them back in. Thanks Master Sharky. And Johnny Aka Loompa. M

JAWS

JAWS

i have lights on in the day lights off at night so when breeding time comes i pull the girls out take them to the bath room and begin the dusting process, ones there all dusted and placed into the tub the thats its for the rest of the day. later on before there sleep time comes ill go in and shake the piss out of them but GENTLY while spraying them with a mist, after that i just turn the lights off and wait for morning. next morning they another shake and spray and spent the whole day in the tube, that night like an hour before lights out i'll usually spray/shake one more time then place back into the flower closet.

i once believed that water and light was a pollen killer and it is to some degree but after all these years of making seeds i don't really buy into that any more, mainly because of my own success with breeding and always having my plants dusted in the light of day and still getting great result. also the thing about water being a killer i don't think that's a given ether unless you spray while dusting and i don't think any one will be doing that ever.

from what iv'e learned the breed is pretty instant ones the pollen hits the hair's its a done deal, i'm not a master nor even a pro but iv'e made 1000's of seeds and a couple hundred pieces over the 11-12 years iv'e been making seeds. its very addictive so make sure your ready for addiction your about to get into!!!.

JAWS

JAWS

iv'e had my share of over pollination over the years, i'm pretty sure that why i started doing the double dusting instead of just one very heavy one. like i was saying earlier the first one around 18-21 days insures i get some seeds so even if i do over pollinate with the second dusting i should still have some really nice MATURE seeds right down next to the stalk's. they may take a bit more digging to get them but it will be worth it for-sure.

peace;)

Medusa

Medusa

Trichome Engineer
Supporter
:eek:
i have lights on in the day lights off at night so when breeding time comes i pull the girls out take them to the bath room and begin the dusting process, ones there all dusted and placed into the tub the thats its for the rest of the day. later on before there sleep time comes ill go in and shake the piss out of them but GENTLY while spraying them with a mist, after that i just turn the lights off and wait for morning. next morning they another shake and spray and spent the whole day in the tube, that night like an hour before lights out i'll usually spray/shake one more time then place back into the flower closet.

i once believed that water and light was a pollen killer and it is to some degree but after all these years of making seeds i don't really buy into that any more, mainly because of my own success with breeding and always having my plants dusted in the light of day and still getting great result. also the thing about water being a killer i don't think that's a given ether unless you spray while dusting and i don't think any one will be doing that ever.

from what iv'e learned the breed is pretty instant ones the pollen hits the hair's its a done deal, i'm not a master nor even a pro but iv'e made 1000's of seeds and a couple hundred pieces over the 11-12 years iv'e been making seeds. its very addictive so make sure your ready for addiction your about to get into!!!.

@JAWS Already got the bug buddy ! Along way off from ever being close to called a breeder thou and I know that ! but thats how u learn is by your mistakes and success .. plus getting to join in this challenge and learn what to look for PRICELESS.. Thank you very much but I am concerned Sharky your unable to take a bath if your always pollinating in your bathtub !!!! hehehehLOL God I love this guy!!

loompa

loompa

Breeder
Supporter
@JAWS Man sounds like I am going to have a bunch of little rice seeds. Because they were covered. This subject has not been covered here ! Just goes to show the knowledge I learn everyday and everyone else for that matter. Will show pics of what I get. Do u spray them with water after ? This is the first time have done it this way didn't want to pollinate my flower room and move them back in. Thanks Master Sharky. And Johnny Aka Loompa. M
No worries Medusa. Your still going to end up with beans that you can play with, its just they will be smaller and peobably not get to dark or tiger stripped, but alot of them will still pop. But more so, consider it a learning experience. All Of us who have tried to make beans runs into this little snag at some point or another and then we learn our lesson.

As far as spraying plants down after you pollinate them, that is dependant on what your goals are and the technique your using. If your using specific select female that is in the same room flowering as with your sensi stuff, then thats when I will bring the plant to be pollinated outside and dust her. Ill then let her sit for 12 hours or so and then I will spray(with a sprayer) her down to wash off excess pollen and also help kill off viable pollen thats still on the target female. You can then bring it back inside with the rest and be assured your not going carry in unwanted pollen.

But if your open pollinating a whole room, then theres no point to spraying them off. There may be some other reasons a breeder would spray plants down that Im not aware of, I definately dont know everything, but Im pretty sure thats where your reference to spraying a plant down after pollination came from.

Thats just my take and what Ive learned over time, and once again, here comes @JAWS with a great answer to help out. Maybe he'll know of another reason someone might spray a plant down.

@JAWS : Karma +1 Dude, thanks again for chiming in with your insight also. Its great having another breeder around and your input is invaluable. Thank you kindly sir! :)

Medusa

Medusa

Trichome Engineer
Supporter
Yes that was exactly what was referring too. Only want good seeds no time to mess with a bad seed that's true in all walks of life. Can always redo and looking forward to see what I get even more now. Thank guys M

Prop215Life

Prop215Life

Man jaws and loompa dropping advice you can't lose medusa honestly the two of the grow some of te best looking buds on tho forum jaws starfighter crosses an his dpd's or his dark matter and those black cherry crosses then loompas foo dogs snowmans moondawgs yetis and bubsters imagine if those two decided to rent a house together and bring there minds together collectively on a breeding project probably the most beautifully sugar crusted buds with some straight stank an dank.......

JAWS

JAWS

:eek:
@JAWS Already got the bug buddy ! Along way off from ever being close to called a breeder thou and I know that ! but thats how u learn is by your mistakes and success .. plus getting to join in this challenge and learn what to look for PRICELESS.. Thank you very much but I am concerned Sharky your unable to take a bath if your always pollinating in your bathtub !!!! hehehehLOL God I love this guy!!

ahh got two bathrooms HAHAHAHA.............

peace:)

Medusa

Medusa

Trichome Engineer
Supporter
Man jaws and loompa dropping advice you can't lose medusa honestly the two of the grow some of te best looking buds on tho forum jaws starfighter crosses an his dpd's or his dark matter and those black cherry crosses then loompas foo dogs snowmans moondawgs yetis and bubsters imagine if those two decided to rent a house together and bring there minds together collectively on a breeding project probably the most beautifully sugar crusted buds with some straight stank an dank.......
No shit they would need a 4 bathroom house thou. Just being a funny snake.

JAWS

JAWS

No worries Medusa. Your still going to end up with beans that you can play with, its just they will be smaller and peobably not get to dark or tiger stripped, but alot of them will still pop. But more so, consider it a learning experience. All Of us who have tried to make beans runs into this little snag at some point or another and then we learn our lesson.

As far as spraying plants down after you pollinate them, that is dependant on what your goals are and the technique your using. If your using specific select female that is in the same room flowering as with your sensi stuff, then thats when I will bring the plant to be pollinated outside and dust her. Ill then let her sit for 12 hours or so and then I will spray(with a sprayer) her down to wash off excess pollen and also help kill off viable pollen thats still on the target female. You can then bring it back inside with the rest and be assured your not going carry in unwanted pollen.

But if your open pollinating a whole room, then theres no point to spraying them off. There may be some other reasons a breeder would spray plants down that Im not aware of, I definately dont know everything, but Im pretty sure thats where your reference to spraying a plant down after pollination came from.

Thats just my take and what Ive learned over time, and once again, here comes @JAWS with a great answer to help out. Maybe he'll know of another reason someone might spray a plant down.

@JAWS : Karma +1 Dude, thanks again for chiming in with your insight also. Its great having another breeder around and your input is invaluable. Thank you kindly sir! :)

thank you much my friend that's a huge complement!!!!.

and ya destroying unwanted pollen is the only reason i see to spray plants down, especially if there going back into an area where there are going to be other plants with other pollen's and goals in mine for-sure SPRAY well. like loompa said if your just doing an open pollination with one or more males of the same strain then ya no need to do any spraying.

loompa also touched on the fact that just because some seeds come out white and/or pale and oddly shaped don't mean there dudes and need to be tossed out, last or the year before cant really remember any ways i had some BANANA KUSH seeds that i had just harvested and i did not get the great colored seeds i was after so i threw about 200 or so seeds in the trash and only kept a few. well after a bit i drop those few just to see what they would do and almost every single one of them popped and man i was so pissed at myself for that mistake and i have not made it a second time.

if there odd shaped and/or white/ pale always give them a second between your fingers if they don't break then keep them just labels them properly and throw a few in the water from time to time to see what ya get. i have those types of seeds of about a dozen or so strains now just don't want to make that mistake ever again, ya never know whats around the corner and those not so perfect seeds may be a strain saver in the future.

i'm sure your going to be fine my sister you just keep plugging away and just don't forget to have fun.

breed on;)

T

tigger

So yes, you can overload a plant with male pollen and what I generally see is alot more white seeds that dont mature properly along with the majority of what the plant is producing. But ultimately in the end, it doesnt really matter Medusa, this is all just the small stuff when it comes to breeding. Seeds are going to come no matter what. Its the selection process that is the key to it all. And feel free to pick my brain anytime Medusa :)
There is just so much wisdom in your talk Loompa, that's really inspiring! I'm gonna copy these words in my notebook and quote you all the time now :writing:

T

tigger

Thanks a lot @JAWS and @loompa for all the pollen information. Having great breeders like you taking the time to go over such details is so great.
I think mixing the pollen with flour before applying it on the female flowers could do the trick in order to avoid having too much white seeds. Does anybody have tried that?

T

tigger

Well Medusa, I discovered this thread lately and had a lot of catching up to do, but it was well worth it: you're definitely on point with your techniques and I couldn't agree more with your decision to run the 20 yeti side-by-side.

I always pop as much seeds I can for each line I grow. This way, you see all the individuals go through the same series of hassle, whether it be cold/heat stress, overwatering… Observing the various reactions of your plants to a given source of stress gives you so much insight into the population. And there's no other way to get this kind of info from my point of view, for every grow is different somehow! So popping the seed stock in several small batches can't give the same result.

Anyway I'm tuned in and gonna be watching your thread closely! Keep the fire burning sister!

Prop215Life

Prop215Life

What did you do to my wife medusa? I love the new her I come home yesterday she said im pregnant please unload the car. I go to the car and it's freaking loaded with soil coco nutes she said If your in this loompa competition so am I so I was saving and decided we need a few things. Haha I got a get dirty grow girl thanks medusa been waiting for this ;).

FlyinJStable

FlyinJStable

What did you do to my wife medusa? I love the new her I come home yesterday she said im pregnant please unload the car. I go to the car and it's freaking loaded with soil coco nutes she said If your in this loompa competition so am I so I was saving and decided we need a few things. Haha I got a get dirty grow girl thanks medusa been waiting for this ;).

Oh brother I feel for you ROFLMAO. and I envy you too Much love
Snakes are such a bad influence. Love um !
Today I just watched plants Grow
it was a great Day.
FlyJ

Prop215Life

Prop215Life

I think it has a lot to do with being pregnant my wife's a mover and in her line of work " hair an make up" she's always moving talking to people and she finnally took time off to just be pregnant it lasted maybe 2 weeks now she's been bit by the grow bug I think she I way to bored. Now she's giving me the did you know's and are you sure you should be doing that's lol medusa created a freaking monster. Kinda sexy though

Latest posts

Top Bottom