Accurate Information About Autoflowering Plants

• Thread starter Seraphim19
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
BostonGeorge

BostonGeorge

Rdy to get started again, just got my new digilux DX 1000 mh @ hps bulbs! Gonna run a couple bubba's gift photo's in 10gallon dwc with a 5g rez. Also trying out Mills nutes this grow as was recommended by @Midwestjay . I'll try and keep you updated more often with progress ✌️

IMG 9028
Fatty LIVES

Fatty LIVES

As I've spoken often with my herb vet neighbor, our generation is SO blessed to have experienced growers so willing to share their lifelong experience with everyone. I made it through my first grow successfully because of Farmers. Im happy to know the auto seeds I just bought have a great chance at awesome production because of this thread. Thank you for your wisdom My girls give thanks in advance :)

Quagmire

Quagmire

Hey guys.. thought I'd stop in and see what ya'll been up to. I've been busy and had surgery replacing a pain pump that was failing.. ugh. better now and healed 2wks I'm back at it.. wife lifts plants for 2mos.. lol. aahhh.
I'm still loving these Autos and still making our own seeds.. now getting more interested in making my own auto by converting a photo period strain.. I wanted to create some Auto's that are unique and got so lucky without hardly looking on one... I was gifted some Orange Hill Jamaican from a Dr in England who grew up visiting Jamaica.. gave me that and Marley's Purple.. yeah. The OH is what I planted 1st, about 45 days ago and just flipped them 2wks ago.. pollinating by hand tonight using my DV8R males pollen.. a test grown and proven cross of a few autos..
(Deimos x Maxine/Superfreak) X (Godzilla Grape #5 x Maxine/Superfreak) X (Sour Bubble x AK47)
Here is DV8R in F2 a few grows ago..
DV8R4
DV8R6

So a male of this is pollinating this Jamaican Orange Hill..
20160819 103349
20160819 103413

Also this Celtic Stone F4 will also be pollinated to turn auto.. this is an old favorite of mine, seeds started by Smokey D Pot and taken from F2 to F4 by my buddy Pop.. aka: ZeroZero
20160819 103516

Snowryder Auto's I"m growing just for fun..
20160819 103036
20160819 102615
20160819 103253

The Auto's have another 30 days, the photo period about 50+... next month should be a fun show..
Quaq

Fatty LIVES

Fatty LIVES

sweet dude. you're doin things I'm baby steppin towards. I'm waiting for my first auto seeds to come in the mail from Wales. Got a whole DWC setup coming as well thanks to @Midwestjay and his bomb diggity OG Auto Grows

Fatty LIVES

Fatty LIVES

@Midwestjay you think a 793gph pump will suffice? I've also got a couple questions about starting in the DWC

1. Do I fill up the bucket with water till the media is saturated?
2. Should I wait until the whole bucket is drank on the first fill til I fill again? You know I'll be running Hydroguard :).
3. Are DNA and Short Stuff Genetics reliable?

Fatty LIVES

Fatty LIVES

btw.... may sound weird, but have you ever smelled water with an established colony of hydroguard inside? OMG DUDE.. Close your eyes and imagine yourself high in the mountains of alaska in the cleanest body of water. It's amazing. Smells just FRESH.

Midwestjay

Midwestjay

@Midwestjay you think a 793gph pump will suffice? I've also got a couple questions about starting in the DWC

1. Do I fill up the bucket with water till the media is saturated?
2. Should I wait until the whole bucket is drank on the first fill til I fill again? You know I'll be running Hydroguard :).
3. Are DNA and Short Stuff Genetics reliable?
That 800gph is air pump right? and yea that is overkill like I like for one bucket or enough for 2 to be happy. But you know me I like that 1k gph in my 10gal bucket for my big girls.

1. If roots are peaking out of bottom of the net or further then set it 1" below the net. In a 5gal bucket that will be about 3gal.

If the roots ain't showing then set it 1" above the bottom of the net. And hand water from bucket 1x a day till roots show.

2. This ties into 1. Usually I fill the bucket to 1" above the net to start a seed out and by the time the water reaches the bottom of net or below which is usually 7-10 days roots are showing and that's when I change. Just watch ph. And adjust if necessary.

3. DNA is great shit, Idk about short stuff, never used them.

Fatty LIVES

Fatty LIVES

That 800gph is air pump right? and yea that is overkill like I like for one bucket or enough for 2 to be happy. But you know me I like that 1k gph in my 10gal bucket for my big girls.

1. If roots are peaking out of bottom of the net or further then set it 1" below the net. In a 5gal bucket that will be about 3gal.

If the roots ain't showing then set it 1" above the bottom of the net. And hand water from bucket 1x a day till roots show.

2. This ties into 1. Usually I fill the bucket to 1" above the net to start a seed out and by the time the water reaches the bottom of net or below which is usually 7-10 days roots are showing and that's when I change. Just watch ph. And adjust if necessary.

3. DNA is great shit, Idk about short stuff, never used them.

Awesome, thanks for the info buddy. I remember you pumpin something ridiculous and it made sense to me so I went with an 800 for 2 4 gallon buckets hoping that should suffice. I just bought a couple FAST BUDS Gorilla Glue and Girl Scout Cookies. Have 1 DNA 60 Day Wonder and 1 Short Stuff Super Cali Haze. Gonna run 2 girls at a time so probably gonna do the glue and wonder to start off.

Also experimenting with T5 lighting this round. too damn hot in this area for MH/HPS. My Bloom LED is great but gonna see whats up with the 6500k T5 4'x4. 20000 lumens should be good on 2 of em through cycle right? when they go in full bloom I'ma hit em with the 300watt LED as well :)

Midwestjay

Midwestjay

Awesome, thanks for the info buddy. I remember you pumpin something ridiculous and it made sense to me so I went with an 800 for 2 4 gallon buckets hoping that should suffice. I just bought a couple FAST BUDS Gorilla Glue and Girl Scout Cookies. Have 1 DNA 60 Day Wonder and 1 Short Stuff Super Cali Haze. Gonna run 2 girls at a time so probably gonna do the glue and wonder to start off.

Also experimenting with T5 lighting this round. too damn hot in this area for MH/HPS. My Bloom LED is great but gonna see whats up with the 6500k T5 4'x4. 20000 lumens should be good on 2 of em through cycle right? when they go in full bloom I'ma hit em with the 300watt LED as well :)
I had bad luck with their cookies. Mine weren't stable.

I'd love to see their gg.

T5s get hot as shit to. But with that smaller one you should be ok. My 12 bulb is a hot sum Bitch. Yours should veg you out fine. But remember especially with autos the faster and the bigger you can get them the better the yield, it's a race to final swell with them. That being said you should do great

str8smokn

str8smokn

Hey guys.. thought I'd stop in and see what ya'll been up to. I've been busy and had surgery replacing a pain pump that was failing.. ugh. better now and healed 2wks I'm back at it.. wife lifts plants for 2mos.. lol. aahhh.
I'm still loving these Autos and still making our own seeds.. now getting more interested in making my own auto by converting a photo period strain.. I wanted to create some Auto's that are unique and got so lucky without hardly looking on one... I was gifted some Orange Hill Jamaican from a Dr in England who grew up visiting Jamaica.. gave me that and Marley's Purple.. yeah. The OH is what I planted 1st, about 45 days ago and just flipped them 2wks ago.. pollinating by hand tonight using my DV8R males pollen.. a test grown and proven cross of a few autos..
(Deimos x Maxine/Superfreak) X (Godzilla Grape #5 x Maxine/Superfreak) X (Sour Bubble x AK47)
Here is DV8R in F2 a few grows ago..
View attachment 627062 View attachment 627063
So a male of this is pollinating this Jamaican Orange Hill..
View attachment 627059 View attachment 627054
Also this Celtic Stone F4 will also be pollinated to turn auto.. this is an old favorite of mine, seeds started by Smokey D Pot and taken from F2 to F4 by my buddy Pop.. aka: ZeroZero
View attachment 627055

Snowryder Auto's I"m growing just for fun..
View attachment 627056 View attachment 627057 View attachment 627058

The Auto's have another 30 days, the photo period about 50+... next month should be a fun show..
Quaq

Sorry to hear of your complications, but glad you got it replaced and taken care of.
Sorry but I lost all of my Outdoor Autos ,so I don't have any updates for it.
Sounds as if your still doing your breeding thang. Interested in seeing how everything comes out for you.
STR8

Fatty LIVES

Fatty LIVES

the glue had great reviews so I'm excited to throw her in for sure. After wat you said, I may trade the cookies, lol. I know a guy around here that collects like a wildfire. He scooped some of my purple voodoo fem seeds

EventHorizan

EventHorizan

I had bad luck with their cookies. Mine weren't stable.

I'd love to see their gg.

T5s get hot as shit to. But with that smaller one you should be ok. My 12 bulb is a hot sum Bitch. Yours should veg you out fine. But remember especially with autos the faster and the bigger you can get them the better the yield, it's a race to final swell with them. That being said you should do great
See I am gonna use my t5 thru week 3, then switch to mh..... but I hope to have these 4white widows, and 3 fast and vast started under the t5 when I harvest my photo, prob somewhere around Nov.

Quagmire

Quagmire

Sorry to hear of your complications, but glad you got it replaced and taken care of.
Sorry but I lost all of my Outdoor Autos ,so I don't have any updates for it.
Sounds as if your still doing your breeding thang. Interested in seeing how everything comes out for you.
STR8

Ah man.. sorry to hear about your bad luck bro.. that truly blows. you get ripped or just had to walk away? it happens.. Me Amigo are getting more serious about breeding autos now that we've done a few and have learned just what to look for.. some of my 1st crosses are still testing and some are soso while others are impressive and being taken to f3 now.. I love the Bubblegum, which is what Sour Bubble is derived from.. I used Sour Bubble to pollinate all of the following last grow..
Lemon Haze Auto
DV8R Auto
Trans Siberian Auto
Rhino Ryder Auto
Sour Bubble Mix Auto

The Rhino Ryder x Sour Bubble is being test grown right now by myself.. gonna be a big girl, as is the Tran Siberian.. omg what a nice plant..
Trans Siberian with DV8R in front

Here you have a Sativa Dom Auto vs an Indica dom auto.. however the Tran Siberian
plant will finish with vengeance and she did too...

Below you can see the same plant above in it's starter 1gal pot
Trans Siberian twins

Day of Transplanting into 3gal felt pot
TB 1

Here she is about halfway done..
Trans Sib 1

ok man.. holla at ya soon..

Fatty LIVES

Fatty LIVES

Ah man.. sorry to hear about your bad luck bro.. that truly blows. you get ripped or just had to walk away? it happens.. Me Amigo are getting more serious about breeding autos now that we've done a few and have learned just what to look for.. some of my 1st crosses are still testing and some are soso while others are impressive and being taken to f3 now.. I love the Bubblegum, which is what Sour Bubble is derived from.. I used Sour Bubble to pollinate all of the following last grow..
Lemon Haze Auto
DV8R Auto
Trans Siberian Auto
Rhino Ryder Auto
Sour Bubble Mix Auto

The Rhino Ryder x Sour Bubble is being test grown right now by myself.. gonna be a big girl, as is the Tran Siberian.. omg what a nice plant..
View attachment 627154
Here you have a Sativa Dom Auto vs an Indica dom auto.. however the Tran Siberian

View attachment 627155
View attachment 627156

View attachment 627157

jeeze. thats SWEET

EventHorizan

EventHorizan

Lemon Haze Auto
DV8R Auto
Trans Siberian Auto
Rhino Ryder Auto
Sour Bubble Mix Auto

View attachment 627154

View attachment 627155
View attachment 627156

View attachment 627157

I guess I an gonna have to tag along behind you. I would like to breed some Autos too down the road. Currently running 3 royal queen sweet skunks, and I got 4 fem white widow/ big bud auto seeds, and 3 fast and vast fem autos. All seeds purchased from herbies.

Have you worked with any of those strains before?
I am glad to find someone like you that has laid the ground work. Your contribution is thoroughly appreciated.

20160821 104536
20160821 104514
C

CaTxFarmer16

Hello all

In this thread I will be sharing some information and correcting some popular misconceptions regarding autoflowering plants. I hope that once I put this information out there and back it up with grow diaries and scientific evidence I can change some of your perceptions.

I'm new to this and I've seen your posts and they've helped me a lot on the basics of it, but I am wanting to grow about 24 plants in a room , how much space or lights do you think I will need and what type of lights? Also what nutrients do I uses ? I am completely new to autos man and do not want to mess this up as I am doing it for an occupation.

EventHorizan

EventHorizan

I'm new to this and I've seen your posts and they've helped me a lot on the basics of it, but I am wanting to grow about 24 plants in a room , how much space or lights do you think I will need and what type of lights? Also what nutrients do I uses ? I am completely new to autos man and do not want to mess this up as I am doing it for an occupation.
A lot depends on the strain you are growing. I would say 8 plants per 1000/watts. And I would say a 8 x 8 or 10 x 10 room would do. But you need to think ventilation, temp, humidity, co2, hydro setup. There is a lot of factors. If you thought that you can get rich and take over the world on your first grow,,,, well you might want to keep your day job. If money is your goal. I would forget autos, and learn about photos, cloning, setting up veg/bloom areas, and perpetual harvests... Good luck bro.. No matter what you decide, make a thread so we can follow along and enjoy the grow with you!!!! :)

Top Bottom