Accurate Information About Autoflowering Plants

• Thread starter Seraphim19
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
C

CaTxFarmer16

A lot depends on the strain you are growing. I would say 8 plants per 1000/watts. And I would say a 8 x 8 or 10 x 10 room would do. But you need to think ventilation, temp, humidity, co2, hydro setup. There is a lot of factors. If you thought that you can get rich and take over the world on your first grow,,,, well you might want to keep your day job. If money is your goal. I would forget autos, and learn about photos, cloning, setting up veg/bloom areas, and perpetual harvests... Good luck bro.. No matter what you decide, make a thread so we can follow along and enjoy the grow with you!!!! :)

Thanks man, but see the thing is atm I don't even have a day job lol. What a bum I am, kidding, but I'm looking into autos because they're really fast and amusing plus the right ones are very potent. Thing is what I'm looking for is that of a bigger yield , as much yield as I can get per strain . I'm willing to switch up the process if that's what it takes ,

Quagmire

Quagmire

Seraphim doesn't seem to stop in much but he started this thread.. not sure how he is recovering from his motorcycle accident.. so a few of us other auto fans try to step in and give guidance.. Not sure Autos are the right direction for you to go if your wanting to make this a $$$ crop thing.. some produce pretty well, but I'd go with vegging photo period a month and flipping them to 12/12 to get the yield your hoping for.. although some of the Auto's I've grown have been 4ft+ they are not easy to find. I grow 6 plants in 3gal pots in a room they barely fit in under a single 400w light to achieve maybe 8-10 oz every 75 days.. with photo period I could pull in 20+ every 125.. so in 25 less days, as it would take 2 grows with auto's, so 150 days to achieve the same goals.. might want to think that thru is all ok...

EventHorizon... yeah, I've grown the WW x Big Bud and loved it. Problem was, like yourself they were feminized seeds so I lost them.. now I've learned to keep a male around for a few weeks to pollinate the females just enough to keep me in seeds without having to keep spending $$ I don't have.. my staple plant is Sour Bubble I pollinate with.. potency.

EventHorizan

EventHorizan

Seraphim doesn't seem to stop in much but he started this thread.. not sure how he is recovering from his motorcycle accident.. so a few of us other auto fans try to step in and give guidance.. Not sure Autos are the right direction for you to go if your wanting to make this a $$$ crop thing.. some produce pretty well, but I'd go with vegging photo period a month and flipping them to 12/12 to get the yield your hoping for.. although some of the Auto's I've grown have been 4ft+ they are not easy to find. I grow 6 plants in 3gal pots in a room they barely fit in under a single 400w light to achieve maybe 8-10 oz every 75 days.. with photo period I could pull in 20+ every 125.. so in 25 less days, as it would take 2 grows with auto's, so 150 days to achieve the same goals.. might want to think that thru is all ok...

EventHorizon... yeah, I've grown the WW x Big Bud and loved it. Problem was, like yourself they were feminized seeds so I lost them.. now I've learned to keep a male around for a few weeks to pollinate the females just enough to keep me in seeds without having to keep spending $$ I don't have.. my staple plant is Sour Bubble I pollinate with.. potency.
I would spend the time to breed me a few seeds myself but i don't have a male auto to breed with. All sold our feminized. That is the conundrum i face. I need a male auto with good genetics.

EventHorizan

EventHorizan

Thanks man, but see the thing is atm I don't even have a day job lol. What a bum I am, kidding, but I'm looking into autos because they're really fast and amusing plus the right ones are very potent. Thing is what I'm looking for is that of a bigger yield , as much yield as I can get per strain . I'm willing to switch up the process if that's what it takes ,
Well I would spend some time reading about flood tables, 8' for flower, and 4" for veg/clones. I will tag you in my thread so you can watch the video...

Quagmire

Quagmire

I would spend the time to breed me a few seeds myself but i don't have a male auto to breed with. All sold our feminized. That is the conundrum i face. I need a male auto with good genetics.

You have to do the homework.. plenty of NON-fem'd auto seeds really are available, but most want you coming back for more..$$$. Me, I look for a good Kush Auto that offers regular auto seeds and buy a 10pk... then purchase about 3 strains/2 seeds of each of other auto's... then I grow out all of them, pick best male of the 10pk, should see average of 4-6 males..
pick 1 or 2 and pre-flower pollinate all of them.. get about 20 seeds off each plant.. all these seeds will produce male/female plants... then on grows, if you need 6 females, put down 12 seeds and pre-flower pollinate again.. walla.. this is what I do and works great..

Fatty LIVES

Fatty LIVES

@Quagmire ... so as long as I breed with another AUTO I should get stable plants? If i were to try and breed a regular seed is when things go haywire, no?

str8smokn

str8smokn

Auto to auto produces Autos..
Male photo breed to female Auto will produce roughly 80% autos ,the other 20% would be either fast photo finishers .
So I've been told.
As long you breed with stable genetics you will get stable seeds.
STR8

Fatty LIVES

Fatty LIVES

Male photo breed to female Auto will produce roughly 80% autos ,the other 20% would be either fast photo finishers .
So I've been told.
STR8

ok cool. Pretty much summed up my question about that. Thanks maign.

Ptomo

Ptomo

Now I have talked about the lifecycle of an auto lets get to how best to grow them

I wont bore you with the simple stuff like germination the only thing I will say on this subject is its best to start them in their final pot as autos don't like to be transplanted, or rather they don't like their roots disturbed.

So lets say you have germinated your seeds and they have broken ground.
The first thing to note is that Autos are very sensitive to nutrients compared to photo period plants. So lets go through the correct way to fertilise them.

Here is a feeding schedule for autos using bio bizz nutrients

View attachment 365805

As you can see for the first 3 weeks there is very little in the way of nutrients, this is because at this age they burn very easily.
The main thing in this time period is root stimulator, as there is a very short veg cycle this helps the roots to get a good foothold and increases the overall growth of the plant.

Once you start to introduce nutrients it is best to start with a quarter of the recommended dose and then slowly increase it to 1/2 - 2/3 of the recommended dosage.

Can anyone tell me if its ok to use something like Buddah Trees bloom booster (usually applied for 1 week before going into 12/12 and 3 weeks after on non autos) can be used on Autos, and if so, at which point? Many thanks.

str8smokn

str8smokn

@Ptomo Yeah, I don't see why not.
I would use it at first site of flowers/pistols and then in the 3rd week of flower just as it says.
Dosage , I would probably run at 1/2 strength and use it on a off day of feeding.
So if you just fed then use it on the next watering.
STR8

Quagmire

Quagmire

Can anyone tell me if its ok to use something like Buddah Trees bloom booster (usually applied for 1 week before going into 12/12 and 3 weeks after on non autos) can be used on Autos, and if so, at which point? Many thanks.

I can help you out.. first off, what a fine product that is.. and now I'll be switching from PK13/14 as a bloom booster after reading up on this.. designed to be used ONLY indoor.. ya see, outdoor the P part of this equation gets washed away fast in heavy rains so they boost it up from 9 to 13 to make up for this... indoor this is not an issue and studies show this shite is perfect ratio... HOWEVER... I read this: PK 9-18! Too much Phosphorous in the middle of flowering can result in premature maturation, and this results in vastly reduced yields and quality. So my worry is, if you give this too soon to an Auto Flowering strain you'll stunt your plants.. This product is designed to give to your plants at mid flower.. allow your plants to start growing buds.. so, if they sex at lets say day 14, 2wks in.. and it's a 10wk strain, 70 days is what I run all of mine, with a few exceptions.. The perfect time to give it PK 9-18 is week wk 4 & 6 with week 6 being a bit heavier feeding... Hope I helped..

SugarSweet

SugarSweet

So I've been told.
STR8

Is that acurate? Then whatever offspring of that cross will have a chance to be male or female? Then just inbreed the best ones? Will the female ration be increased if you cross with a feminized seed or will it be the same because you added the male dna to the mix?

Quagmire

Quagmire

Another hint about breeding Auto's is, depending on how many seeds you need dictates how long to leave the male alive.. once the male pollen sacs begin to sag and spread open the game begins.. the females will show sex after them and have only a small amount of hairs exposed to catch pollen.. moving the male around near each plant will increase pollination... big difference leaving him in for 2wks vs 3-4.. if you want a bunch of seeds leave him in longer... if you only want 10-15 per plant cut him down earlier so you don't lose all your buds to seed production...
And remember, seeds need 6wks to fully develop.. works out perfect for a 70 day chop.. good luck.

C

CaTxFarmer16

Well my focus here was getting the most yield but the conversation kind of drifted off to seeds and that's not what i wanted to know, the pollination is a well known process , I have more trouble deciding what type of flower to grow to be able to get the most yield , I know a 600 W HPS will give you about a pound per plant or less/more but around that weight. Would I have to purchase 4 HPS lights and have 4 different plants under each HPS , making it a plant each to yield a pound per plant or would 4 plants under 1 HPS light make it around the same combined .. ? I know how to grow indoors and what not .. I just need info on how to keep them healthy and produce the best buds with the most yield. I know it's possible, I've seen people do it which is what inspired me. Please continue to educate me I appreciate you all .

C

CaTxFarmer16

Well my focus here was getting the most yield but the conversation kind of drifted off to seeds and that's not what i wanted to know, the pollination is a well known process , I have more trouble deciding what type of flower to grow to be able to get the most yield , I know a 600 W HPS will give you about a pound per plant or less/more but around that weight. Would I have to purchase 4 HPS lights and have 4 different plants under each HPS , making it a plant each to yield a pound per plant or would 4 plants under 1 HPS light make it around the same combined .. ? I know how to grow indoors and what not .. I just need info on how to keep them healthy and produce the best buds with the most yield. I know it's possible, I've seen people do it which is what inspired me. Please continue to educate me I appreciate you all .
Oh also, when curing buds... what is the best curing process in your opinion ? As of now, I have some buds curing in a mason jar in a dark cool room with the temp about 68-70 degrs. Farnht. and I open them 1-2 times a day to breathe for 10-15 min

EventHorizan

EventHorizan

Seems like a lot of trouble the more I learn. I like auto for learning, and playing, but when I use up my auto seeds, I'm going all photo. Cloning and straight into flower with only 2 weeks veg is unbeatable. Any problems with an auto plant, and your fucked. A total least on a photo, u can clone that one plant at flip and have several more ready for flip when they harvest... pretty hard to top that...

EventHorizan

EventHorizan

clone, Scrogs and super crop... post some pics of your crops. And let us see how your doing and we can give you some advice. 2 thing I will say. Are you growing for personal or $$$$....... Autos personal, photos for $$$$$$..

C

CaTxFarmer16

Okay, I've never tried cloning and I'm sorry but idk what Scroggins or super crop is and I'm growing for both personal and $$$ , But I wanna stay on the $$$ side because I can always just medicate from the $$$ makers. What is the best way to grow photos ?

Top Bottom