Acupulco Gold, vegetative, recurring calcium issue

• Thread starter Dr.B
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
SPARECHANGE

SPARECHANGE

I'm terribly sorry

I'm unable to delete

there's some kinda time limit, unfortunately. i try to stay n my corner... for good reason.

SPARECHANGE

SPARECHANGE

are you targeting an ailment? treating something, someone? or have the pleasure n privilege of enjoying pot for fun? i pray, it's the latter.

Dr.B

Dr.B

are you targeting an ailment? treating something, someone? or have the pleasure n privilege of enjoying pot for fun? i pray, it's the latter.

I'm on my third Hodgekins Lymphoma diagnosis in 23 years. I grow for that reason. Chemo/radiation '98, stem cell transplant 2017, currently undergoing immunotherapy. Bruntuximab-vedotin. 10/16 treatments completed to date.

Its mostly a fun thing though. ;)

Tommy626

Tommy626

Hi people.

I have a toy Acupulco Gold in veg in my small tent. I'm experimenting on her in manifold work, LST etc... I'm hoping to turn her into a monster over the Summer before resuming my regular grow routine. A side project as I re-strain over the summer in order to get back to cloning for fall/winter... She's about 6 weeks from seed. (Right) The left child is a super critical CBD baby mother. However I'm posting specifically about the Acupulco Gold.

There are tried and tested vegging conditions in that particular tent... for every strain I've seeded or cloned. I have no environmental concerns...

I think I have this nailed down as I recently started lacing my peat mix with dolomitic lime. This little girl spurred that revelation.

A couple of weeks ago I noticed she was cannibalizing her oldest growth. Calcium right? (Media pH actually, every time) I added a tablespoon of lime to her nursery pot and proceeded watering it in whenever she dried out mostly. Slowly the problem came to a crawl. Barely happening.

Two days ago I put her in her 3 gallon fabric pot, the next day, calcium deficient! Lol. Fussy girl...

Her soil mix has been treated with lime. 2tbsp/gallon plus the initial dose. I'm sitting on my hands watching for the moment and fairly confident the problem will again slow/stop as the lime adjusts the pH over time.

Am I missing something here? Has anyone grown this strain recently?

(I just crushed all of her little shoulders yesterday... That damage was intentional lol)
Are you sure this is calcium issue?

Tommy626

Tommy626

I only ask bc I had something similar and was told it was leaf septoria?
1C326BD4 9D3B 47EA 9E8F 5672A41D3391
6E5E22EF C769 43BE AAEE E563F5A4556A
1D33894E F1F1 4477 8B62 F16754AB4C23
86E9092C 44C4 44E8 AF48 18C40799B82A
984C3A31 B172 4E8A B3F9 F80CDD4A85A4
506C3D30 DE44 4C6D BE67 44D61C79E38B

Those are all different plants in the same tent. Started on one plant and eventually impacted every plant🤔

Dr.B

Dr.B

I had to google that lol. Its
I only ask bc I had something similar and was told it was leaf septoria?View attachment 978828View attachment 978829View attachment 978830View attachment 978831View attachment 978832View attachment 978833
Those are all different plants in the same tent. Started on one plant and eventually impacted every plant🤔

It's not a pathogen. I was trained (initially) by a big LP in my province and I run an equally clean room. Entry/exit procedures, cleaning schedule, mandatory glove use, etc. ;)

I had fungus gnats once... Otherwise my issues are all nutrient related. Only because I'm braver than I should be in these things... I like to experiment.

Tommy626

Tommy626

I know... It just didn't feel right.
Those pictures where also in peat pro mix which carries a 4.5-5.2 ph untreated. I did the same with garden lime but I did not understand how it went from plant to plant. When u figure it out plz let me know!

Dr.B

Dr.B

Those pictures where also in peat pro mix which carries a 4.5-5.2 ph untreated. I did the same with garden lime but I did not understand how it went from plant to plant. When u figure it out plz let me know!

What you had was a pathogen, plant disease. These are introduced to the environment, usually by the grower or... Visitors, visitors are not something I allow for this reason. A disease can spread the way you have described. A peat/pH issue will generally affect a strain simultaneously, if the mix was treated in one batch of course.

Dr.B

Dr.B

What you had was a pathogen, plant disease. These are introduced to the environment, usually by the grower or... Visitors, visitors are not something I allow for this reason. A disease can spread the way you have described. A peat/pH issue will generally affect a strain simultaneously, if the mix was treated in one batch of course.
If it is leaf septoria.

Dr.B

Dr.B

I won't pretend to be an expert on leaf issues but your issue looks to me like an infection, especially considering the way it spread from plant to plant.

I have stopped putting multiple strains in one space for many reasons, not the least of which being, different strains react to issues in their own time and in their own way. All sensitive to slightly different conditions. The temp and rh aside, the pissibly different flower period durations aside, you would need to know every strain like the back of your hand to diagnose and stay on top of any problems.

I've even heard stories of strains being kept together, (mothers) for so long they started producing hormones to kill each other. Plants are savage. Everyone gets their own cage. ;)

Or be the luckiest guy in the world to coast through it lol

Dr.B

Dr.B

I'm on my third Hodgekins Lymphoma diagnosis in 23 years. I grow for that reason. Chemo/radiation '98, stem cell transplant 2017, currently undergoing immunotherapy. Bruntuximab-vedotin. 10/16 treatments completed to date.

Its mostly a fun thing though. ;)

Don't be sad gentlemen. :) My experiences make me what I am, and I like me. I've fared better than most through multiple rounds of various treatments lol.

To look at me, you would never guess that I'm going through this, or have been for so long now...

SPARECHANGE

SPARECHANGE

what's your opinion?
the people in this room r able to disagree without... the bs we run into elsewhere and value differing opinions. it brings out more intel, hearing all opinions. i learn faster... better, this way. we're very familiar with each other so whatcha got?

doc, i am sooo sorry. i know it's not pity u want to hear and appreciate your remaining balanced; your ending... an admirable quality and strength of character, but i wouldn't scoff at anyone who couldn't have a sence of, "humor" about such a serious subject.
i have observed that sticking as many strains together, as possible, seems to impart an exponential entourage effect. i would encourage u to attempt it, however u intake n c what u think. i stopped targeting individual systems, needing night n day versions and do my best with the strains i already have, to fill the noid/terp charts, as entirely as possible and no longer require targeting, with day n night versions. even smoking multiple strains, ground together, has significant n powerful, nuances... but i run with cannabis oil- and physical pain, is a thing of the past, including dislocate hip, sprains,

spine pain... even 2nd degree, sunburn. man, if i could offer anything- i hope that's of use.

budu se za tebe modlit

SPARECHANGE

SPARECHANGE

plus if they were all same strains he was growin... if he wasn't reading leaves and I'm not suggesting he wasn't- people may tend to assume they all require same same... same time. when i have done multiple strains in same rez, this can become problematic.
i hate that u scrub in to tend the garden and i don't. shyt!

Last edited:
Dr.B

Dr.B

what's your opinion?
the people in this room r able to disagree without... the bs we run into elsewhere and value differing opinions. it brings out more intel, hearing all opinions. i learn faster... better, this way. we're very familiar with each other so whatcha got?

doc, i am sooo sorry. i know it's not pity u want to hear and appreciate your remaining balanced; your ending... an admirable quality and strength of character, but i wouldn't scoff at anyone who couldn't have a sence of, "humor" about such a serious subject.
i have observed that sticking as many strains together, as possible, seems to impart an exponential entourage effect. i would encourage u to attempt it, however u intake n c what u think. i stopped targeting individual systems, needing night n day versions and do my best with the strains i already have, to fill the noid/terp charts, as entirely as possible and no longer require targeting, with day n night versions. even smoking multiple strains, ground together, has significant n powerful, nuances... but i run with cannabis oil- and physical pain, is a thing of the past, including dislocate hip, sprains,

spine pain... even 2nd degree, sunburn. man, if i could offer anything- i hope that's of use.

budu se za tebe modlit

Thanks!

This course of treatment has been mild, a little nausia. Cheese has been an effective strain for that. Fun in my off time too. Again, I'm a fortunate patient in the sense that I tolerate everything well, not typically too symptomatic.

My second last grow was my last multiple strain grow. No health issues but the 3 strains suffered in yield for the generalized attention they received/generalized environment they shared. That grow was , Kraken, White Widow and GG4. Since isolating one strain my yields have come up 400%...

A lot of that is the new LED I put in early this year though. A k5 xl1000 (wifi)

Latest posts

Top Bottom