Adding Aroma And Flavor During Grow?

• Thread starter Shawnery
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

Shawnery

Agreed, but you need to understand that it happens quite often on here that you get a lot of people who ask a question and seem unwilling to accept an answer they do not want to hear, it can get frustrating. You had a hint of that in your replies. Not saying it was intentional but to be fair this is a public forum full of passionate growers and you have to expect passionate answers, even if they are blunt answers. You will always find two different answers to a yes or no question, I would do a test plant on the side and see for yourself. Peace!
Agreed on ALL accounts including the comment about myself. I was really looking for real world experience to contradict or coincide with the research I've been doing. The one post which supplied this I began s discussion to attempt to understand where the difference in outcome may have come from.

I do plan on trying it out with a few branches since my system is s 6 plant RDWC and can't separate them. I will definitely share my personal experience.

The problem with opinions is when they are based on no level experience or research.

Thanks for the middle road response!!

Madbud

Madbud

Agreed on ALL accounts including the comment about myself. I was really looking for real world experience to contradict or coincide with the research I've been doing. The one post which supplied this I began s discussion to attempt to understand where the difference in outcome may have come from.

I do plan on trying it out with a few branches since my system is s 6 plant RDWC and can't separate them. I will definitely share my personal experience.

The problem with opinions is when they are based on no level experience or research.

I'm willing to soak a branch in Sunkist before drying it, in the dark of course, and get back to ya. And to the doubters, because fuck you

Madbud

Madbud

So theres a bush hanging in the attic that needs another couple days. I'll marinade a branch in sunkist, let it dry then cure it to see if it tastes or smells like orange. If it don't, because...

Organikz

Organikz

Dont get info from high times! They're product peddlers bud. None of that shit has any effect. Bud flavoring solutions are bogus. I know for a fact you get some sweet tooth[the strain] and you'll be happy.

Shit tastes like cotton candy bubblegum

Last edited:
SatansTaint

SatansTaint

People don’t need research or experience, a simple understanding of plants is all you need, which you obviously don’t have. This idea is stupid, and high times and whatever other “ sources” for your research are full of shit and probably know less than you about actual growing .

Organikz

Organikz

Shnazzberries just taste like shnazzberries....its a proven fact.

S

Shawnery

I admit I'm not a botanist but I'd be willing to bet that you're not one as well.

If this is such unbelievable idea then how is it that the concept that I'm speaking of is already used when dying flowers?

BudBogart

BudBogart

I admit I'm not a botanist but I'd be willing to bet that you're not one as well.

If this is such unbelievable idea then how is it that the concept that I'm speaking of is already used when dying flowers?

I definitely think you should try it if you want to. If it improves your cannabis, you may want to go back and review your growing environment.
Many of us have spent the entire grow trying to bring out the very best natural flavors and taste that are possible. Personally, if I thought dipping it in flavored water to let the capillary action draw the flavor into my buds was going to improve the flavor of my cannabis, I would consider my grow a failure.

S

Shawnery

Not everyone loves the natural smell or flavor of cannabis! Just because someone likes to experiment with outcome in no way presupposes an inability to grow. In fact if someone was able to take some super dank bud that is as stony as anything you ever tried but tasted like mangos, I'd consider that person ahead of the curve not behind it.

Madbud

Madbud

The dufference here is the exuberance and creative juices of first time growers vs the outright arrogance of the establishment. "Luke, we got to get your mind right!"

S

Shawnery

I would also assume that for this to work you would have to use natural terpenes that would not just add flavor to the Cannabis but enhance the natural terpenes that are already existing within the plant itself.

gravekat303

gravekat303

Premium Member
Supporter
I got accused of spraying my buds with some shit this lady was super adamant that i was spraying my buds with something that make them "tacky" and "shiny" and that people do it all the time and that it adds weight. So i looked into it and there is a spray people use to add smell and shit which i didn't know existed

MirrorZen

MirrorZen

As I've stated a number of times I am both new but eager to learn. I've read through so many experiences and attempts the ideas are bubbling of the top of my head. I'm sure this is both not a new idea, from my research, though not broadly accepted in the growing arena.

Don't get me wrong because I love the taste great cannabis but there's also some that I could do without. I'm a big fan of vapes with terpens added for richer flavor profiles so why not the buds themselves.

The idea is basically you get some essential oil or extracts that you want to try out and go from there. I'm not sure of the actual dosages one would use but there's much info out there about this. Literally the sky is the limit when it comes to your desire and imagination.

When the plant is just about ready for harvest you starve it for 3 but no more than 4 days. After you starve it you feed it with your flavored water. Then you go through the regular process of drying and curing. If you don't want to do or try an entire plant you can just cut of a branch and do the same thing.

Has anyone here attempted thus and if so what was your personal experience?
Don't believe almost anyone until you have done it your self. My uncle this year flushed his plants with pineapple juice and after chop stuck the plant in a pineapple juice container on the dark for 2 days. I have no idea what strain it was and neither did he, but I tell you what. By god that bud WREAKED of pineapples. Now this goes against EVERY bit of research. So this indoor flowering round I am going to do the same thing with my god bud strain. Pretty neutral in smell, 1 grape, 1 cherry, 1 pineapple. All juice organic as possible, this will be my own comparison test. Because I still have my doubts and he assures me this is a super old school trick he used to do. I will be posting results here.

Now let the hating begin lol

S

Shawnery

From the research I've done you would be better of using pineapple terpens than juice. All though cannabis enjoys sugars there's a chance that it could cause mold issues. It would be much easier to order some natural pineapple terpenes and add that to a water solution then to use pineapple juice.

S

Shawnery

I've read threads that read much like yours that speak about the use of vanilla and a person's buds smelling incredibly like a cookie factory.

MirrorZen

MirrorZen

True, probably should go that route for scientific efficacy.

Top Bottom