Adjust a wing 's/

• Thread starter deep buddy
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
deep buddy

deep buddy

setting up some large wings any idea's on spacing? also the super spreader. is it worth it? any ideas on stabilizing these things they seem to want to flutter ALOT. thanks in advance.

green punk

green punk

The spreaders don't really work imo. As far as spacing, I run them in a row, end to end about 16" apart. It lets the heat escape. I tried them closer together and the heat tends to hold under the row of wings. The flutter is great because the point of light is moving so the hotspot that the spreader/diffuser is designed to decrease is less of an issue.

TrichromeFan

TrichromeFan

Diffuser is not worth it. Let em sway, hits more area with light that way. I get a spread of about 4' x 5' off of each.

-TF

DrCALIGREENTHUM

DrCALIGREENTHUM

hell yeah brotha im about to get some to for the next run

deep buddy

deep buddy

thanks guys

nice info on the spreaders and the wobble effect. much appreciated indeed. working on a couple things right now. setting up a flip and starting up dtw coco w/ these large adjusta wings. im pretty excited the coco was a bit dicey at first but once i got it pegged its AMAZING! will have a log up soon been too busy lately thanks again.

ttystikk

ttystikk

wobbly goblins and shiny swizzle sticks

nice info on the spreaders and the wobble effect. much appreciated indeed. working on a couple things right now. setting up a flip and starting up dtw coco w/ these large adjusta wings. im pretty excited the coco was a bit dicey at first but once i got it pegged its AMAZING! will have a log up soon been too busy lately thanks again.

I can back these guys up on every word of their advice- adjust-a-wings are da bomb, and the wobble effect doesn't hurt a thing, unless they're flapping around so much they crash into stuff. Tough on the bulb that way.

The best way I've found to use the super spreader is as a swizzle stick for your high-tech cocktail, lol

I am upgrading my light rotator with an adjust-a-wing, I want to see if it provides the same results as the two standard style aircooled hoods I'm currently running on it. I'm betting it won't- that in fact, it will be BETTER, lol

H

harley34

GOD i know you have them shaded hanged with chains but do you have a pulley system or anything lifting each row up at once, or do you adjust each shade individually.

ttystikk

ttystikk

Using adjust-a-wings makes me wonder why they sell such heavy light enclosures. They call it 'light' for a reason, lol, you don't need radiation shielding to make it work!

Maybe people just want to buy something that weighs a ton to justify how much money is being sucked out of their wallets, lol

hort-hog

hort-hog

In a few months my partner and I will know if they live up to to the hype...20 light screen of green.
Paul Cronk, the inventor, claims he knows of growers getting 2lbs per 600 with the AAWings with low tech setups.
We will see...

liketosmoke

liketosmoke

I set my large wing with a 600 watt at a height of 18 to 21 inches, Is that what most are doing ?

fishwhistle

fishwhistle

In a few months my partner and I will know if they live up to to the hype...20 light screen of green.
Paul Cronk, the inventor, claims he knows of growers getting 2lbs per 600 with the AAWings with low tech setups.
We will see...
I have some very nice oceanfront property in arizona,would you be interested?

BC farmer

BC farmer

I can back these guys up on every word of their advice- adjust-a-wings are da bomb, and the wobble effect doesn't hurt a thing, unless they're flapping around so much they crash into stuff. Tough on the bulb that way.

The best way I've found to use the super spreader is as a swizzle stick for your high-tech cocktail, lol

I am upgrading my light rotator with an adjust-a-wing, I want to see if it provides the same results as the two standard style aircooled hoods I'm currently running on it. I'm betting it won't- that in fact, it will be BETTER, lol
What are you running, large/medium and what is your spacing like?
Have you obtained same yields with less light per s/ft as they are claiming?

ttystikk

ttystikk

What are you running, large/medium and what is your spacing like?
Have you obtained same yields with less light per s/ft as they are claiming?

I run large adjust-a-wings exclusively. Spacing in the traditional sense is irrelevant, since I'm running it in a rotator. I'm running 1000W HPS and MH in it, alternating. Keep in mind, this is a vegetative space and as such won't 'yield'. So far, however, so good; my main issue is the light footprint is round and my RDWC footprint is rectangular. This means some of the girls on the corners aren't thriving as well as those elsewhere. It's a work in progress, but I think this deserves a closer look for those trying to limit their electrical consumption, or at least get the most return for the wattage spent.

socalval

socalval

Has anyone tried running 2 hortilux 400 wt super bulbs i one large wing ? Their website says you can add one. you canuse one 1000 wt ballast with a spliter if need be . Im thinking lots of light less heat i plan to use a 600 wt mh on one side and the 400 super es hps on the other . ill be using Two ballasts cant afford a fire or fried 100$ bulbs . The med looks like a small next to the large its twice as big for like 50 bucks extra. I saw a you tube vid on the splitter and that guy was pushing 2 600 hps bulbs on a i think a 1000 wt quantum . ill look it up again and try to post the link to the vid . Also does any one else hang the wing an inch higher on the front or back to ease any heat build up ?

socalval

socalval

1000 wt runnning two 600s . MAYBE the new hortilux ballast can do this with no problem . I dought a qauntum could do this for three grows in a year

rick ratlin

rick ratlin

Perpetual Farmer
Supporter
Spreader is worthless, the lumens are strongest about 8 inches from the middle of the bulb. I've found the lumens aren't evenly spread out, but the coverage is excellent, no other reflector has the lumens on the edge of a 4x4 space. I run mine with a cool tube connected in the winter with great results. its a 600 watt bulb with a socket extender, as for distance I find anything less than 9 inches will cause bleaching at certain areas of the tray, for a 4x5 area 15 inches seems to be great, as long as the canopy is cool.
DSC 0069

MarijuanaBaybee

MarijuanaBaybee

i agree that the spreaders are worthless in my experience, shitttttt i still got 1 brand new one i never took out the box after seeeing what kind of shit it did but i bet they are usefull for something or for some 1 some where just not my garden set up...

RR that is the illest adjustawing's set up ive seeen good f'n job

.'. MB .'.

deep buddy

deep buddy

i put some up over a dtw coco drip. they have good coverage but the footprint is whack unless you hang em real high. turning them a 1/4 turn helped. the dark spot is right where the hot spot usually is so its backwards for me.
its almost too much spread. ahh whatev cant wait to go back to vert.

rick ratlin

rick ratlin

Perpetual Farmer
Supporter
draw the metal strings in tighter to get more of a bend in the reflector. the more bend, the more lux under the dark spot, and the spread gets tighter. what is the size of the spread you need? tell me you ditched the super spreader

Top Bottom