Advanced Nutrients AN Custom Recipes, Product Line Changes, Nutrient Info, Experience

• Thread starter snowkitty
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None

Do you use Advanced Nutrients and if so, which formula?

• AN Sensi A/B

Votes: 39 22.2%
  • AN Connoisseur A/B

Votes: 23 13.1%
  • AN 3-part

Votes: 22 12.5%
  • AN Monkey Juice

Votes: 3 1.7%
  • Just a select few from AN with other regiment

Votes: 22 12.5%
  • Have used AN in the past and WON’T again

Votes: 12 6.8%
  • Never tried AN but would consider it

Votes: 38 21.6%
  • Never tried AN and WON’T consider it

Votes: 17 9.7%

• Total voters
M

Mr.PurplePumpkn

pH up & down eh ahahahah, is good ballag?

Im hearing everyone here and ive got to say we all sound like a broken record, this conversation has been made and ended, and we all are just dragging this nog in the dirt.

I believe AN has many good products, but so does Canna, and GH, and FoxFarm, theres some stuff that I use from all of them, but never would I go with all of them from one...

I myself will stick with the hammerhead casue that stuff is like napalm on refried enchaladas my friend, explosive

Father Time watcha be rolling with these days? For the Napalm I like to change bi weekly with ( in order ) Kool Bloom, Beastie Bloomz or Pk 13/14, & Flora Nectar. I heard the sugar supplement,ending 3weeks before harvest, brings the snow.

:ridinghorse:

~ Its hot as hell but it still snows down here ~

S

snowkitty

The poll has been open for about one week now. Here is how it breaks down

Use AN full line: 58%
Use AN select products: 8%
Will NOT use AN: 30%
Would consider AN: 4%

I think it is significant to note that more than 50% of the gardeners say they use an AN full line. But it is also significant to note that fully 1/3 of the voters won’t use AN based either on personal experience or other factors.

iamgrowerman, how is this poll biased away from AN? If anything I am biased towards the company because I already own their products and I asked such detailed questions about which products people use. This polls says that well over 50% of people say hell yes to AN. As for me, I am using them based on the results seen watching other master gardeners at work in my backyard.

As for beneficials, here is some perspective that recently made me think about why there might be so many products on the shelf:
I'm a little skeptical of the "all-in-one magic bullet" products. I'd always been told you can't mix up fungi, bacteria and so forth on the shelf for very long at all before things start to go downhill.

That's the reason so many of the big nute companies keep each of those things separate. Otherwise they'd just be selling you bottles of dead microorganisms.

I can definitely say that the Advanced Nutrients stuff works wonders, though. I've been using it for awhile now and there's a really clear difference between plants that get Tarantula and Piranha and the ones that don't.
Let's keep “is AN worth the $” out of this thread. I want to hear about your garden and your results and your decisions. We can all meet in the smoker’s lounge and bitch about the matching black Hummers and icky used car salesman vibe another day.

D

darookie2000

Anyone notice the two people most strongly for AN are trial users? I'm not paranoid, but are we shills? :) Just saying... I have samples of H&G Soil and Botanicare pureblend pro base nutes and liquid karma and I bought the whole FF line, so I might run the pepsi challenge on them (I have several purple punch clones right now all taken from the same mother) if I can figure out how to mix all those nutes separately and not drive myself crazy collecting water.

D

darookie2000

Lol, I'll give AN a try if they kick me samples like the others :) I'm not holding my breath.

iamgrowerman

iamgrowerman

iamgrowerman, how is this poll biased away from AN? If anything I am biased towards the company because I already own their products and I asked such detailed questions about which products people use.

It's biased in the wording, as I already said. The poll covers some people but leaves huge gaping holes. You've got "Have used AN in the past and WON’T again" but what about "Have used AN in the past and WILL again"? You've got the hate but not the love.

There's plenty of choices for people who've decided they hate Advanced Nutrients but the only thing for people who love it is shared by anyone who's used it and doesn't hate it.

It's not balanced. Imbalance means bias.

And the poll being biased has nothing to do with you being biased. I can write a poll biased against something I'm for, either intentionally or not.

As for me, I am using them based on the results seen watching other master gardeners at work in my backyard.

That's the same reason I use them.

S

snowkitty

I've called and emailed Advanced Nutrients questions about their products and gotten no answers. My friend also sent an email and hasn't heard back in 3 weeks. But Big Mike is still putting multiple full-page ads in every issue of High Times and the SoCal MMJ publications.

Snowkitty has a purchase of AN products from 6 months ago that have been sitting on the shelves waiting for the next cycle but at this rate I'm losing faith in the company. I have seen the results when it is run properly but as a newbie I'm not getting it perfect and would like my tech support...or at least half the budget for tech support that they have for advertising and making new packaging.

S

Sirius

im currently using it and you can see from these pics that it definately works... but ive also had similar results with cutting edge which is a lot cheaper and easier to use... the difference is with cutting edge its recommended you use a tea for microbes as opposed to a couple hundred dollars in enzymes and what not...

P1010168

P1010167

yezmar420

yezmar420

I've used the entire organic line according to the nute calculator and I was not really that impressed. I think they break there products up too much...they should try and combine more together. My current line up is this now..

Veg
Cutting Edge 3 Part + Plant Amp + Uncle Johns Blend
FloraNectar
Floralicious Plus
Hygrozyme
Great White Shark (drench with this a couple times during veg)

Flower
Cutting Edge 3 Part + Plant Amp + Uncle Johns Blend
Big Bud
Overdrive
Gravity (use it a couple times during the last 3 weeks)
Snow Storm Ultra (I foliar with it in the beginning until the buds set then I feed with plain water every 4th watering)
Bud Candy (first time using this product, will report how it goes, usually use FloraNectar)
Super Tea Liquid Guano
Black Strap Molasses
Floralicious Plus (only use this for about 4 weeks during beginning of flower)
Roots Organics Trinity/Extreme Serene/Ancient Amber (use this in place of the Floralicious plus after the 4th week)
Hygrozyme

Seems like a lot but I got most of it free or really cheap and the results are better than anything you find at the dispensary, even the stuff they try to pawn off as top shelf.

R

ResinPro

In response to the impartial study idea and who would do such a thing..... perhaps going to advanced nutrients and reading on there product line, how it is tested, what it is tested on, and seeing how they tick may shed some light on the subject.

Fact is, BigMike the co founder of Advanced Nutrients has put up another nutrient challenge... unbiased..with ONE MILLION dollars of his own cash as a reward if the "big boys" of the hydro industry can outgrow him in there Hydroponics Cannabis testing lab in Bulgaria.

-Competitor companies can use there own products or other competitor company products as well

-They can bring a friend! Master gardener of there choice

-Big Mike will use only advanced nutrients, and... BUY THEM OFF THE SHELF OF ANY HYDRO STORE.

-Competitors will grow the same strain of cannabis from the same genetic mother in there product testing lab/cannabis grow rooms in Bulgaria.

You see, General Hydroponics among several other of the original main stream hydro nute companies have been waging a war with Advanced Nutrients, threatening pulling of hydroponic magazine ads and the $ they pay to put them up (which is about all of what magazines run off) if Advanced Nutrients is allowed to advertise in the same magazines. Even going as far as rejecting monetary donations made by Advanced Nutrients in a recent hydroponic program aimed at feeding people without food. That's pretty fucking cold, but 100% big business. Why you ask? Because Advanced Nutrients proudly claim there products are tested and made for cannabis growing.

You may have guessed I am a user of AN products and would have to agree that this is a pretty biased poll:
*I hate them and wont use
*Haven't and wont
*Used and wont again
*use one of three lines or a few of there products.
No poll box for?
* I love the products and the fact that they test them SPECIFICALLY for medical cannabis and have dedicated lab rooms with hundreds of strains and thousands of plants, despite being blackmailed and ostracized by the rest of the hydro community.

I tend to go with products with exhaustive research and a huge selling point when its made by people that aren't afraid to voice their opinions. Pricey? yes. Worth supporting the underdog that believes in medical cannabis? Absolutely!

P

papaver

I've been using AN for around 2 years now and have been quite happy. I haven't compared it with other nutes yet but why fix something that ain't broke.

Theres a lot of talk about AN being to costly. Seriously? Sure they cost more than some other brands but how much of it are you people using??? I can't speak for hydroponics but for soil I don't think AN has ridiculous prices.

For around $1000 in nutrients I can get over 10lb over several grows. That's a $100 a lb for nutrients. I think thats a pretty sweet deal. Even if it cost $500 of nutes per lb its still a good deal! If you can get those prices retail anywhere let me know...

B

bdawgburner

I think their "re-formulation" is them slapping a sticker on the bottle that says to use half as much. Which most people who use their products have already been doing for some time. I've used Iguana juice, conni, and now am starting to use sensi for my new hydro setup. Conni isnt great in soil imo. Plus if you dont use it quick it gets chunks in it. I dont know if it was a bad batch or what but I bought the 4 liter bottles and 4 months later they had chunks. I've hear of others having the same problem too. Other than that I really enjoy advanced's products. Iguana juice gave me the most colorful and best tasting herb I've ever had, period. The voodoo juice is plain magic when used with other bene's and sugars. Anyone not using it should really check it out. Its pricey but worth it. I guess it comes down to what you want to put into your plants. Do you want to use products from a company that actually tests on cannabis or a company that wants nothing to do with the canna community? Of course you can have great results after working with any nutrient long enough. But I'd rather know that there is a feeding schedule layed out for me that works everytime. Look at their 'high-yield' feeding chart. Sensi a+b, big bud, and voodoo juice. Thats it. Less than $200 in nutes if you buy the smaller bottles. Thats not a bad choice imo.

Legion

Legion

I've used AN before and it works. I works well. But, I'm not ape shit over it.

As for their new stuff.. I wouldn't think if it as new, more as just remixed. Bud Candy is Sweet Leaf with carboload. I think the PPM perfect stuff is the Sensi A+B mixed with other stuff like the humic and fulvic..

Factor X is a liquid bud blood.. from what I hear.. Don't know about the kushie stuff..

AN is lay'n down and doing the work. They'll challenge any nute to try out preform them. I think he's put up a large chunk of change too.

J

Jalisco Kid

Fat Mike loves the fact that a sucker is born every second. JK

R

ReelBusy1

Let's keep “is AN worth the $” out of this thread.

No offense but the "we cost more but we're worth it" is part of their sales pitch so it becomes a key factor of evaluation for any user's purchasing decision.

You can't really say "all things being even" so let's not talk about the part that's "not even".....:joint:

Q

Qman

I've called and emailed Advanced Nutrients questions about their products and gotten no answers. My friend also sent an email and hasn't heard back in 3 weeks. But Big Mike is still putting multiple full-page ads in every issue of High Times and the SoCal MMJ publications.

Snowkitty has a purchase of AN products from 6 months ago that have been sitting on the shelves waiting for the next cycle but at this rate I'm losing faith in the company. I have seen the results when it is run properly but as a newbie I'm not getting it perfect and would like my tech support...or at least half the budget for tech support that they have for advertising and making new packaging.

I have the same problem, I run the full AN line and now they have added/changed their line up and don't reflect that in the feeding schedule. I have tried contacting them and 2 weeks later still no reply AND when I call I get the voicmail - fuck that

So,,, I contacted GH and they sent me a full sample pack of Flora Nova, I will still use some AN supplements but I will be dropping the base

FYI - you can also use your Hygrozyme as your finisher (Final Phase) I love Hygrozyme!

Also,,, the pH-PPM perfect? another marketing scheme. No matter what, I have to adjust. PITA to adjust pH yes, just wait a hour before you adjust pH...

My line up::

Connoisseur A/B
Hammerhead
Bud Candy
F1
H1
B-52
Carbo Load
Nirvana
Piranha
Voodoo
Tarantula
Overdrive
Sensi A/B grow

I use Hygrozyme in place of sensizyme and Final Phase

R

ResinPro

Yeah I sent emails in the past with no returns on them, so I can't say as they are keeping up with the internet flood, but there phone service has always had helpful persons answering all product questions I have. I think they run 8-4pm pacific time, Monday through Friday. It wasn't Eric Biksa on the other end but they deffinitely knew there stuff. :)

Oh and Jalisko, Fat mike= NoFx Big Mike= Advanced Nutes

BOSSMAN88188

BOSSMAN88188

If they came out with a small kit.
1 or 2 plants for a fair price I would try it.
300$ or more to try something.
UMMM no not doing that.

S

snowkitty

Qman, thanks for your nute lineup. Just the kind of info I was looking for.

I use Hygrozyme in place of sensizyme and Final Phase

Good tip...thanks! It truly is scary the number of trial users who pop up on this and my other AN threads accusing me of bias...when anyone who actually reads this site knows I am biased towards AN because I own a crapload of it and I was trying to use it for months. For the record, my Sensi A/B are in dark, cool storage after 2-3 dozen reservoir changes that never made my plants happy.

I am using Superveg A/B now and will add in select AN products. Barricade, Carboload, Piranha, Tarantula, and Voodoo Juice are all winners in my book. I'm hope Carboload is not discontinued in favor of Bud Candy (Carboload + Sweet Leaf) because I do not want to use the sweet stuff.

Maybe I will have to call GH for a sample, too. I should start testing everyone's customer service side-by-side.

Anyway, ACTUAL GARDENERS, keep your custom recipes coming...

Q

Qman

SK,,,

You see what I mean tho about them not revising there schedule. I did not know that BC was CL & SL. I thought that it was just a replacement for SL. I know all the other replacements. I agree with all the others you stated Voodoo, Tran, Pirah, Carbo and Barricade (replaced by RhinoSkin) + I must add my favs HammerHead (the replacment for Big Bud) and Overdrive.

I am keeping everything from Cali, faster, in the same state as me, PRICE and the customer service...superb! I wrote GH on Sunday and had a full sample of the Flora Nova line at my door on Wednesday all for $8.00 to cover the shipping +++ I have smoked and seen pretty much the same results (I will just use my faves to get what I want)

I feel ya' on the bashing - I am a lurker

Here ya go; hit this

:passingjoint:

P

Punk

I use the 3 part from AN, Grow, Micro, Bloom. Its good stuff, but not the end all of nutes by any means.

I tried AN vs GH in my garden with same setup, I found the results were pretty much the exact same. It was with the 3 part of both companies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom