Advanced Nutrients AN Custom Recipes, Product Line Changes, Nutrient Info, Experience

• Thread starter snowkitty
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None

Do you use Advanced Nutrients and if so, which formula?

• AN Sensi A/B

Votes: 39 22.2%
  • AN Connoisseur A/B

Votes: 23 13.1%
  • AN 3-part

Votes: 22 12.5%
  • AN Monkey Juice

Votes: 3 1.7%
  • Just a select few from AN with other regiment

Votes: 22 12.5%
  • Have used AN in the past and WON’T again

Votes: 12 6.8%
  • Never tried AN but would consider it

Votes: 38 21.6%
  • Never tried AN and WON’T consider it

Votes: 17 9.7%

• Total voters
S

snowkitty

Starting this thread for those of us who are running Advanced Nutrients. It looks like AN is reformulating and re-releasing their product line. Maybe gardeners complained about too many different bottles. Knowing AN, even if I am purchasing fewer product names, I will still be paying for it somehow. Anyway, products like Bud Candy have come out (ingredients of Sweet Leaf and Carbo Load) and then products like Sweet Leaf, Emerald Shaman, Colossal Bud Blast, and others are being listed in hydro stores as discontinued. But I can not find info from AN themselves other than this press release which says they are putting the metaphorical man on the moon for hydroponics but no details about how that is going to happen: http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m0EIN/is_2009_Feb_11/ai_n31346429/

All I want to know is what products work, what to avoid/substitute, which ones to invest in for the upcoming season. I don’t want to start running nutrients that are going to be discontinued…

My past exp. is with a custom formula based on an A/B that are manufactured in Europe and was too much of a pain to obtain. I have used some AN nutrients as a part of that formula but now I am running the full line-up with Sensi A/B, planning to switch to Conni A/B for flower.

The AN vegetative growth additives are:
Mother Earth Tea (organic fertilizer from kelp, earthworm castings, alfalfa)
H2/F1 (humic acid & fulvic acid)
B-52 (B vitamins)
Barricade (potassium silicate)
Scorpion Juice (chitosan and salicylic acid)
Senzizym (enzyme product) <--HERE I AM SUBSITITUTING HYDROZYME
Piranha (mycorrhizal fungi)
Tarantula (beneficial bacteria)
Voodoo Juice (AN’s primary beneficial bacteria product)

For bloom these are the additional products:
Carbo Load (carbohydrates)
Bud Blood (potassium-phosphorus for early flower)
Big Bud (amino acids with potassium, phosphorus, magnesium)
Overdrive (potassium-phosphorus for late flower)
Final Phase (flush solution)

I am looking into other exzyme products, too, but I have a lot of Hydrozyme on hand so that is what I will be using until my shelves have some space.

There is another good thread about AN that discusses whether the increase in yield is worth the cost and what nutrient cost is...make sure you read that one, too:

If you are running AN please tell me your line-up of products. Also, I would like to know what ppm (and on what EC scale) you start your clones at, what range you use for vegetative growth, and what range for floral growth. If there is anything to stay away from make sure you let me know.

666elsie

All there products are taken from else where,gh,dutch.....I will never use the crap...way over priced.My friend has a grow shop here !! marked up 150% or more.

J

Jalisco Kid

I like the poll. 100% for used and would never again. The only good product comparing it to other manufacturers is their barricade. I hear they discontinued it though. The 3 part european formula is worth using but not better then others. Not much of a difference in formulas comparing it with GH.
Another point in running AN products is pH swings. I have seen some wild swings in some systems. Running all those bottles and your first shot at buckets could be challenging. JK

D

dusty

I chose the option for those who have used it and wouldn't again.

At one point Sensi A&B, Big Bud, OverDrive was all you needed and all you needed was just a little of each. At this point, you're getting sold a name.

I vote for using something consistant like Cutting Edge 3 part if you need liquid nutrients or if you're comfortable working with powders Super Natural Brand Terra or Aqua Grow/Bloom depending on your situation

pimpin

pimpin

strain hoarder
Supporter
has anyone used those new kits they have were supposedly u dont have 2 ph it or mess wit the ppm some new shit they have out ill try 2 look in the new see mags wat its called

W

Wes_Minstrel

I've used Advanced Nutrients products for quite a few years and I grow the biggest buds with the highest THC ever! My pounds per light ratio ain't bad either. They make good shit that grows good shit, IMO...

BC_Bud

BC_Bud

Premium Member
Supporter
Over the last few years I've used AN's Sensi Bloom, Iguana, GH Flora Nova, Flora series, and some other local organic nutes and the best looking, best tasting buds came from the Sensi Bloom. Yeld was also best with this AN's Sensi. Iguana Juice came second. A little less yield, less apparent resin, but awesome tasting herbs. No isses ph'ing with the Iguana. As a matter of fact, I never bothered to regulate the Ph with it. It always came out to 6. something after mixing everything up, same with Sensi Bloom. Was not at all impressed with GH Flora Nova. Now got a couple of 4L jugs of connoiseur, will be trying that soon. Also AN's Big Bud kicked GH Koolbloom's ass big time. Cant wait to try their new ph-ppm perfect base nutrients.

M

Mr.PurplePumpkn

I think you answer your own question mate if there even was one :smiley_joint: hehe , just look at that list of "additives" you name, and thats only what they see as "secondary additives", I cannot imagine what goes with the LIST of AN's imperatives. All I can say (and you may want to check me on this ) Is that the complete line up of macro and micronutrients are peiced out over 3 bottles(this includes Mo, Zn, Fe. B, Se - nut's which serve as cofactors to macro nut ie. allows the balanced uptake of cations and anions such as Nitrite/Molybedum, and should in all actuality be placed within a macro solution (there only trace elements after all meaning very minute mounts are required... sooo you tell me ...BullA+B, ShitA+B,ConnaisseurF+G, and some BacteriaA+B+C++ = $300 ouch

AN nutrients are a waste of money, ask anyone who uses them...I've heard of so many sheeple spend upwards of 1K on the line and still come up wanting... they piece everything out in seperate bottles so you have to buy 3 bottles which you could normally find in One, its simple Marketing...And it works

They've got good stuff? Yes...Do they brake it down like legos..yes, yes, yes...but again it works, and works well when all put together

Consider this though, there bio line up of benefical bacteria and fungi...all pieced out so you have to buy Trant, Pirh, Voodoo... these are a REQUREMENT people, fungi and bact have co evolved with plants since the first spore producing tree...and are imperative, but for many hydro or soiless medium grows they can sometimes be all but absent in many grows which run sterile... I admit GH's subculture line is pricey (35 dollars for about 45grams of inoculant, but the line up is formulated for high salt environments, comes with larger concentrations, a greater diversity of genus's and species...plus its super concentrated, half a teaspoon can incoulate somewhere around 5gal...thats microbes boy! B/C in the end my friends its all mycorhize and microbiology, and im higH
, GH outweighs AN from my experience but believe it or not there are OTHER nutrients that blow away AN, "some" of Fox Farms and Humboldt nutrients are blowing my girls actually as we speak... and their amazing

I dont know if many of you realize but half the time the organic supplements which cost you 20 clams or more are nothing more that highly filtered and mended compost teas which you can make at home with a pillow case, some cheese cloth, an air stone, and a bag of frass... cow, horse, chicken, all depends on how "hot" you want, in fact you can brew,ferment, and filter this , and wham your organic G

HN,Canna,FF which I am slowly converting to from being a long time GH only guy, are giving me amazing results when used in combination with some of GH stuff and its all sold at a very good prices. You can piece a good Veg/Bloom mix plus some microbal peeps, and a few fun boosters for under 100 at Discount H...easily

Check out Discount Hydroponics and you can compare each company... and see how AN pieces there shiz out compared to others, my opinion, read up on the boards, listen to Texas Kid, research your shiz and mix and match...but know what your getting, Flora nova is not just Flora Nova, know the elements and what your really buying .

My Nuts (hehe)

Veg
Flora Nova Veg & Floralicous Veg (GH)
Subculture B (GH) or Myco Madness (HN)
Flora Nectar (GH) Stimulates /balances metabolism = girlz blow up in Veg week after
Canna Pk 13-14
Blossom end rot from Tack store... case Ca problems... have had callose problems with this method due to Ca being no phloem mobile, but works semi well

Flower
Kool Bloom (GH)
Beastie Bloomz (Fox Farm) - this stuff makes the girls explode
Flora Nectar (GH) Supplements sugars late in the game = less energy spent making sugar, more energy in volatile oils and terpenes = the dumpsta funk beetle juice shit make you stand on your head!!!

Never had a plant in a 1.5 gallon container yeild under an ounce with this line up...even with heat stress (which i constantly battle ) and the Beastie Bloomz followed by Nectar really helps bring out the sweetness that sometimes never develops in many strains

:scared0016:

back to X-Files

The Truth is in the pudding

iamgrowerman

iamgrowerman

You're quick to throw out BC Bud's opinion because he clearly likes AN, so why doesn't that apply to you because you clearly don't?

AN nutrients are a waste of money, ask anyone who uses them.

Like me? Ask me since I use them? I don't think they're a waste of money. Neither do a lot of other people obviously. If "anyone who uses them" thought Advanced Nutrients were a waste of money no one would buy them and they'd go out of business, right? Obviously there's people who love their AN (me included).

The poll is very heavily slanted. It asks people if they've used something or if they hate it. What kind of question is that? There's no option to say "Hell yeah, I use AN and I won't touch anything else with a ten-foot pole" or something like that. You need equal options on both sides.

Otherwise you're biasing the results.

M

Mr.PurplePumpkn

fact - AN nutrients are a waste of money.... hahaha

Hammer Head is good tho

Im just saying they are WAY over priced and pieced out like a frigen puzzle

BC_Bud

BC_Bud

Premium Member
Supporter
You're quick to throw out BC Bud's opinion because he clearly likes AN, so why doesn't that apply to you because you clearly don't?

Like me? Ask me since I use them? I don't think they're a waste of money. Neither do a lot of other people obviously. If "anyone who uses them" thought Advanced Nutrients were a waste of money no one would buy them and they'd go out of business, right? Obviously there's people who love their AN (me included).

The poll is very heavily slanted. It asks people if they've used something or if they hate it. What kind of question is that? There's no option to say "Hell yeah, I use AN and I won't touch anything else with a ten-foot pole" or something like that. You need equal options on both sides.

Otherwise you're biasing the results.

I expressed my opinion based in my recent outcomes using both AN (Iguana and Sensi Bloom) and GH (Flora Nova) base nutes and boosters (Big Bud, Overdrive, Koolbloom). To me AN kicked GH's ass in the results. Better, more abundant, tastier buds. Same strains, same set up, same water, same lights...

iamgrowerman

iamgrowerman

fact - AN nutrients are a waste of money.... hahaha

Hammer Head is good tho

Im just saying they are WAY over priced and pieced out like a frigen puzzle

Just because you put the word "fact" in front of something doesn't make it true.

It's your opinion that Advanced Nutrients is overpriced. Some people agree.

It's my opinion that they're entirely worth the price. Some people also agree.

But if you want to start calling your opinions facts all you're going to do is cut the legs out from under your argument. "Well I'm right because I'm right!" Hooray, I'm glad you feel that way.

The difference is that I'm not trying to pass my opinion off as a fact. You don't like AN? Fine, don't buy it. But even you admit their stuff works great.

I'm with BC Bud on this - the difference in yield and quality is worth the difference in price (which incidentally varies quite a bit depending on where you are). I don't have a problem spending a few extra bucks up front for an improved crop down the road.

M

Mr.PurplePumpkn

I think the only way it could actually be settled would be with a simple experiment

2 clones, exactly the same, GH vs. AN ( the whole product line up, would be interesting to see)

I feel where your coming from growerman, i didnt mean to step on your or BC's toes, sorry if i did mate... I just feel that no matter where i try to buy AN its like im buying coke, the stuff is pricey, has it ever actually double your yield, ie. your 1.5liter pot was able to grow a 2ounce kush child using AN

I will say that i love AN's videos on Utube, the guy who runs the show, altho AN crazy does have a lot of good info and techniques (altho the brew bottle in the grow tent for co2 is loco - primary fermentation requires complete darkness )

HammerHead has also done wonders for me, i just like GH stuff which doesnt seem 'watered down" just my OPINON

fact - please dont over react hahaha
:scared0016:

I

indoorherbs

F

FastForward

It needs an IMPARTIAL grow - not one done by the manufacturer, although I'm glad that they at least put out side-by-side grows to show the efficacy of their products.

However, if you were to look at these products as part of any other industry, no one would believe the wild claims and guarantees without side by side evidence....but in this industry there's too much hype.

I use AN products, but only to supplement not as a core regime (Voodoo, Tarantula, Piranha....was using Sweet Leaf and Carboload, now using Sugar Peak Catalyst).

T

Time

I myself was a member of the AN forums for a stint. The 10-15 peeps from AN forums that I still talk to, only one or two of them still waste their money on AN products.

AN has performed biased side-by-side tests in which they do not test like for like products.

It should be obvious to anyone watching that the OP of this thread is working for AN as either a nute tester or regular employee.

Peeps who have seen my grows know I grow healthy plants. Advanced Nutrients never helped me increase my yield or overall health of my garden and anyone who says that they did probably does not have 5+ years of growing healthy plants under the same screen name.

Show me some AN users that have been around for years that still use AN.

Go ahead, I'll wait...

T

Time

They actually did that awhile back - fed a ton of clones on all the major brands. There's a video on YouTube about it but AN haters just say it was obviously done by Advanced Nutrients and biased.

Of course no one ELSE is willing to do the same thing so what does that tell you?

You can find them yourself by looking up "nutrient challenge" on YouTube or here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CFbBMQwtKpU

then there's the "commercial" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lvq1RZkzw6Y

They did not test like for like products buddy.

iamgrowerman

iamgrowerman

It needs an IMPARTIAL grow

And who would do that?

To be impartial it would need to be done like a double-blind study and done by someone without any ties to the hydroponics industry. So, where do we find people skilled in the use of hydroponics with access to laboratory conditions who don't have any ties to one or more nutrient manufacturers?

Oh, and they've got to do all this in a way that can be independently reviewed, verified, and not land everyone in jail.

It should be obvious to anyone watching that the OP of this thread is working for AN as either a nute tester or regular employee.

Wha? The poll is obviously biased against AN. It's like "do you think apples are okay, or do you hate them so much you never want to see them". Where's the option for people that like apples? There isn't one.

It's laid out to make AN look bad, not good.

Show me some AN users that have been around for years that still use AN.

*raises hand*

But I don't count, right?

F

FastForward

And who would do that?

To be impartial it would need to be done like a double-blind study and done by someone without any ties to the hydroponics industry. So, where do we find people skilled in the use of hydroponics with access to laboratory conditions who don't have any ties to one or more nutrient manufacturers?

Oh, and they've got to do all this in a way that can be independently reviewed, verified, and not land everyone in jail.

I was genuinely thinking about setting up a "cannabis product comparison lab" for want of a better description.
I have no doubt that the results of proper side by side grows (don't have to be double blind - they're plants!) would be of massive interest not only to the farmers of the world, but the distributors and manufacturers themselves.

And this could be done in Canada, or Spain, or one of the prop 215 US States (or here in good ole blighty, just stealthily).

I'm not talking lab reports as output....I'm talking metrics like weight, rootmass, height, internodal distance....that sort of thing....not %THC, CBD, etc. Very do-able, just takes organisation, space and some patience (as well as a modicum of scientific endeavour!)

FF

EDIT: I suppose it could be done as a non-canna thing, testing using tomatoes or somesuch, but imho it really needs to be plant specific to be of any real value.

J

johnnyballbag

Premium Member
Supporter
I used to get the entire AN line for free from my buddy who runs a local hydro shop when it first came around my area, years ago. Used AN for about 4 yrs, and i can definitely say they've changed their products over time. Actually i should just say that they've began "watering down" their products in that time frame. Not to mention they've definitely increased their prices, several times. Another problem i got tired of was getting spoiled bottles. I even ordered a lot of it direct from AN, and it'd still be old. Not bashing AN, just throwing out my experiences with it. The only products of theirs i still use is their pH Up and Down.

Top Bottom