African Black Magic/ Ituri Norie

• Thread starter Kush Kloud
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
grnmtn

grnmtn

She likes to keep pumping out resin near the end. Maybe that's where all the water they are drinking is going?
IMG 20210911 040022041

extractoilminussixty

extractoilminussixty

She likes to keep pumping out resin near the end. Maybe that's where all the water they are drinking is going?View attachment 1167448
Greeaatttt, Really looking nice, different to say the least !!!
My drums r beating faster.

Bam 41 days not flowering guess days still to long here 6:30–7:20, just got done watering and applying some more chicken manure 😳

Loved Milwaukee music fest every summer.
we’d pick up brown paper bags of smoked trout(somewhere in southern Wisconsin), have our sleeping bags, beer, some herb & off to the fest…
Miss those days.
My older sister’s boyfriend’s brother & one of his friends, Would grow weed in the peat bogs in southern Wisconsin, I’m talking like 20-25 Lbs 1970s (I can barely remember seeing one of the full bud tops once, 1st time I saw a 2-3ft top thick as my arm, all Sinsemilla).

extractoilminussixty

extractoilminussixty

DJ Short 7 yrs ago…
Quote, “Twelve and 12? "Hear me now, thank me later," Short said, and slowed down his voice: "For your bud cycle: 11 hours on, 13 off. OK? What will happen first and foremost is that you will see phenotypic expressions that you will never see with the 12/12." The lanky guy scribbled on his pad.”

extractoilminussixty

extractoilminussixty

Post from 13 Yrs ago…different Forum

Quote, “
I used to live in Michigan and we called it black african not no Black Sheba. not the same stuff.
probally crosed black african with a shiva of some sort back then.
Western MiCHIGAN Black African
It was the true strain its the only bud with its distintive characteristics. I will never forget it nor will i ever forget our friend Joe. I have not smoked anything "nothing" that strong in a long Time ever. n i have had my fair share of strains.

well a verry close friend of a friend dad used to grow it then it was passed down from dad to kid, from kid to my friend ." then one day our great friend died got hit by a car"

And it was true Black African . PURPLE AS EDIT leaves , black from a distantce black as ****. stickey as **** had my fair shre of exposure to it. ONE HIT WONDER EXPANDO MANDO .. You couldnt hold the smalest hit in for anything Super Expando Mando, unless u smoked lots of it on a daily basis ;p
the seeds r not black only plump n juicey whith really nice stripes
that was in 1987 -1995
good luck getting sum wish i had my seed colection still
MICHIGAN”

((Seeds plump & really nice stripes !!!, interesting statement seeing how it was 34 years ago he saw the seeds…Quite honestly that’s the only reason I bought these Bam seeds)) ???

Another post 2009, same thread same forum
Quote, “
African Black /hempdepot.ca/seeds/reeferman/African%20Black.htm
“These seeds were given to me by a old timer in amsterdam, who said I had to experience this strain.
The strain grows stouter like a durban. They are 100% sativa and have a knock out heady high. They produce serious resin for a sativa and the mothers used to produce these seeds produced more melting dry sieve than any other strain I screened. The taste is dry and hashy with a medicine twist like chinese indica but way way higher quality the black describes the black streaks that run through some of the top cola's of the plant almost like resin streaks.
This is pure breeding material but worthy of a grow for serious head stash, they take 11 weeks to flower on average.
Indoor flowering average 11 weeks.

Could this be the "Black Magix African" ?

I WOULD LIKE TO SEE A GROWREPORT WITH PICTURES.”
End of above Quote

((interesting black streaks running through the colors sounds like a picture I’ve seen recently, grn mtn ???))

Last edited:
grnmtn

grnmtn

Quote, “
I used to live in Michigan and we called it black african not no Black Sheba. not the same stuff.
It was the true strain its the only bud with its distintive characteristics. I will never forget it nor will i ever forget our friend Joe. I have not smoked anything "nothing" that strong in a long Time ever. n i have had my fair share of strains.

well a verry close friend of a friend dad used to grow it then it was passed down from dad to kid, from kid to my friend ." then one day our great friend died got hit by a car"

And it was true Black African . PURPLE AS EDIT leaves , black from a distantce black as ****. stickey as **** had my fair shre of exposure to it. ONE HIT WONDER EXPANDO MANDO .. You couldnt hold the smalest hit in for anything Super Expando Mando, unless u smoked lots of it on a daily basis ;p
that was in 1987 -1995
MICHIGAN”

((Seeds plump & really nice stripes !!!, interesting statement seeing how it was 34 years ago he saw the seeds…Quite honestly that’s the only reason I bought these Bam seeds)) ???

Quote, “
“These seeds were given to me by a old timer in amsterdam, who said I had to experience this strain.
The strain grows stouter like a durban. They are 100% sativa and have a knock out heady high. They produce serious resin for a sativa and the mothers used to produce these seeds produced more melting dry sieve than any other strain I screened. The taste is dry and hashy with a medicine twist like chinese indica but way way higher quality the black describes the black streaks that run through some of the top cola's of the plant almost like resin streaks.
This is pure breeding material but worthy of a grow for serious head stash, they take 11 weeks to flower on average.

End of above Quote

((interesting black streaks running through the colors sounds like a picture I’ve seen recently, grn mtn ???))
Great stuff bud that totally fits in with my experience and location/ timeframe. Thanks for posting.

grnmtn

grnmtn

Greeaatttt, Really looking nice, different to say the least !!!
My drums r beating faster.

Bam 41 days not flowering guess days still to long here 6:30–7:20, just got done watering and applying some more chicken manure 😳

Loved Milwaukee music fest every summer.
we’d pick up brown paper bags of smoked trout(somewhere in southern Wisconsin), have our sleeping bags, beer, some herb & off to the fest…
Miss those days.
My older sister’s boyfriend’s brother & one of his friends, Would grow weed in the peat bogs in southern Wisconsin, I’m talking like 20-25 Lbs 1970s (I can barely remember seeing one of the full bud tops once, 1st time I saw a 2-3ft top thick as my arm, all Sinsemilla).
Saw so many of the great musicians at Summer fest.. those were great days.

grnmtn

grnmtn

Quote, “

that was in 1987 -1995
MICHIGAN”

Quote, “

End of above Quote

Oh, and I totally agree with the 11 week average on flowering. Mine will be 10,. 11 and maybe 12 for the last.

grnmtn

grnmtn

Elementary my dear Watson, The trail of evidence continues to grow… The great black African magic by all reasonable deduction…exist 🤔!
I agree, I bet there are some hidden wonders in these seeds and one of mine really does match my memory so far, but I can't wait to taste it for a more difinitive answer. I also understand that my growing environment is most likely completely different than the environment the bam I had in the late 80s was grown in and what specific pheno.

extractoilminussixty

extractoilminussixty

Leaves really starting to slim down to Sativa profile, man I can’t wait 🛖⬅️
I agree, I bet there are some hidden wonders in these seeds and one of mine really does match my memory so far, but I can't wait to taste it for a more difinitive answer. I also understand that my growing environment is most likely completely different than the environment the bam I had in the late 80s was grown in and what specific pheno.

Phenohunter420

Phenohunter420

Hellooo my little friend !!!
& the Lord said let there be dankness😇

(Now I can’t wait for my girl to flower, up to about 12 tops or so. Hey any of u ever build an insulated box or just use a lg pot
to place a potted plant into & line all around it & top with about 3 inches of fine mulch to keep the roots insulated when temps below 53°…& also in conjunction with a simple cardboard box over top of plant for night, to protect from frost & moisture…keep the tops dry.
Been reading a little bit about this, some growers going all the way into snow season… I don’t plan on doing that but would like to get into the first week of November here in the St Louis area ?
((I am just stuck on really trying to get this thing to finish outside versus bringing inside to tent)).
Beautiful!...She is a shape shifter!
I have to agree with you! VERY dynamic plant! Certainly different! Mine is 8-9 feet tall and just started to flower a week or two ago! Outgrew ALL my other plants in height!
I'm going to try and give mine 12 weeks, if weather conditions allow! I will take some pics tomorrow!

grnmtn

grnmtn

I have to agree with you! VERY dynamic plant! Certainly different! Mine is 8-9 feet tall and just started to flower a week or two ago! Outgrew ALL my other plants in height!
I'm going to try and give mine 12 weeks, if weather conditions allow! I will take some pics tomorrow!
You are so fortunate to live in an area where you can grow long flowering strains like this outdoors. I bet this grown totally outdoors will blow the inside version away. Can't wait to watch yours finish outside. Keep the pics coming please.

extractoilminussixty

extractoilminussixty

Oh really, well I will start feeding my plants “Wheaties” also 🤣🤣🤣 !

wow, they really have grown, looks like about 3 different Phenos here …I’m using a 4 Gallon square cloth pot, how about u ?

Phenohunter420

Phenohunter420

Oh really, well I will start feeding my plants “Wheaties” also 🤣🤣🤣 !

wow, they really have grown, looks like about 3 different Phenos here …I’m using a 4 Gallon square cloth pot, how about u ?
I'm using Roots Organics soil and products such as Grow and Bloom and Terp Teas with mycorrhizal innoculate to promote root growth and MOSTLY my own mix of leftover soil and compost from last year and perlite, vermiculite and dolomite lime. I amended it with a bag of grow Terp Tea for nutes! My goal is organic living soil in which everything the plant needs for it's whole life cycle is JUST water, except maybe an occasional top dressing or batch of tea during flowering cycle!
I'm using 18 gallon plastic tubs from Wal-Mart! My greenhouse frame is 7 feet tall and BAM is higher! I just wonder HOW much bigger it's going to get! 😲 How BIG will the buds be at this rate? 🤔 I was thinking that it would be funny to throw some autoflower pollen on it just for shits and giggles! 😂 I have some AWESOME autoflowers this year! And seeds from the BCN CRITICAL XXL AUTO!
Happy growing brother! 😁
20210912 184856
20210912 085427
20210912 085552

First 2 pics are BCN Critical XXL Auto
Third pic is BAM! (Like Jack and the weed stalk!)😉😂😜

grnmtn

grnmtn

I'm using Roots Organics soil and products such as Grow and Bloom and Terp Teas with mycorrhizal innoculate to promote root growth and MOSTLY my own mix of leftover soil and compost from last year and perlite, vermiculite and dolomite lime. I amended it with a bag of grow Terp Tea for nutes! My goal is organic living soil in which everything the plant needs for it's whole life cycle is JUST water, except maybe an occasional top dressing or batch of tea during flowering cycle!
I'm using 18 gallon plastic tubs from Wal-Mart! My greenhouse frame is 7 feet tall and BAM is higher! I just wonder HOW much bigger it's going to get! 😲 How BIG will the buds be at this rate? 🤔 I was thinking that it would be funny to throw some autoflower pollen on it just for shits and giggles! 😂 I have some AWESOME autoflowers this year! And seeds from the BCN CRITICAL XXL AUTO!
Happy growing brother! 😁View attachment 1168224View attachment 1168225View attachment 1168226
First 2 pics are BCN Critical XXL Auto
Third pic is BAM! (Like Jack and the weed stalk!)😉😂😜
That bam is going to be something special to watch as it flowers! That will be huge my man. Looks great, so do autos.

grnmtn

grnmtn

Quote, “

that was in 1987 -1995
MICHIGAN”

Quote, “

End of above Quote

Took the advice and went to 11 hours of light two days ago. I'll let you know if I notice anything.

Top Bottom