African Black Magic/ Ituri Norie

• Thread starter Kush Kloud
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
grnmtn

grnmtn

Grow info....the Africans are cannibals! In the last few days the majority of fan leaves have been used up by the plant! Never saw it to this extreme but when they get to the end of the line they let you know. I'm just days away from full maturity on two of the three and the other will be early next week.

Phenohunter420

Phenohunter420

DJ Short 7 yrs ago…
Quote, “Twelve and 12? "Hear me now, thank me later," Short said, and slowed down his voice: "For your bud cycle: 11 hours on, 13 off. OK? What will happen first and foremost is that you will see phenotypic expressions that you will never see with the 12/12." The lanky guy scribbled on his pad.”
DJ Short also said for Sativa most optimal phenotypic expressions, grow outside so the plants can acclimate to the region! And by running 11/13 cycle, it reduces flowering time while raising the resin production and will be more potent!

extractoilminussixty

extractoilminussixty

well Day 44 spreading her wings still 🦅

Pretty much done with Super cropping, now just removing some Fans & leave tucking several times day. I have a Lg 15 Gal pot, the Plt/pot r going to be placed inside. I’ll then start some LST training as I’ll have the much wider pot to tie to !!!!
(I think if it gets too cold late Oct early November I’ll also be able to place old potting soil inside&top the big pot as an insulator)

The center has what appears to be a little Nursery for new tops, I think LST will help even more in the bigger pot…
I’d like to get 15-20 Tops on her !?!
((this has been an experience for me as I have never Super cropped, just LST to my Autoflowers.))
I guess, unless I get lucky & she flowers fast (which doesn’t seem likely from the reports I have been getting from you all)
I might be running 120 to 140 days for harvest ?
The Bam clones still rooting…yahoooo
(i’ll tell you though they are prima donnas
Tried putting them in the grow tent 30 inches away from one 300 white led light being used on a GSC for seeding & next morning they were wilted over OMG
Temp 72.5f & humidity ~52%… moved them back to my south facing window (upstairs ( in direct sunlight) & in four hours they were standing straight up again ? No idea why the tent failed ?

A4659FFA E317 4895 9280 B1BA26335283
95A791AD 1724 4073 B71F 1552B166BE7E

Typical girls, getting a Tan 🌞
CB743D5D 1D9D 40EB 8F41 234AB8D639BA

13 Days since clipping Bam

grnmtn

grnmtn

well Day 44 spreading her wings still 🦅

Pretty much done with Super cropping, now just removing some Fans & leave tucking several times day. I have a Lg 15 Gal pot, the Plt/pot r going to be placed inside. I’ll then start some LST training as I’ll have the much wider pot to tie to !!!!
(I think if it gets too cold late Oct early November I’ll also be able to place old potting soil inside&top the big pot as an insulator)

The center has what appears to be a little Nursery for new tops, I think LST will help even more in the bigger pot…
I’d like to get 15-20 Tops on her !?!
((this has been an experience for me as I have never Super cropped, just LST to my Autoflowers.))
I guess, unless I get lucky & she flowers fast (which doesn’t seem likely from the reports I have been getting from you all)
I might be running 120 to 140 days for harvest ?
The Bam clones still rooting…yahoooo
(i’ll tell you though they are prima donnas
Tried putting them in the grow tent 30 inches away from one 300 white led light being used on a GSC for seeding & next morning they were wilted over OMG
Temp 72.5f & humidity ~52%… moved them back to my south facing window (upstairs ( in direct sunlight) & in four hours they were standing straight up again ? No idea why the tent failed ?

View attachment 1168669View attachment 1168670
Typical girls, getting a Tan 🌞
View attachment 1168671
13 Days since clipping Bam

grnmtn

grnmtn

So I took down the 1st of three. This is the least desirable of the lot and the closest to a landrace of the three, light somewhat airy buds unlike the other two. 10 1/2 weeks of flowering. Lots of black patches.
IMG 20210915 040457026
IMG 20210915 041448567

Last edited:
grnmtn

grnmtn

This one, the next to be chopped will be the one that Im interested in as far as smoke report. This one looks and smells like the majority of the bam I smoked as far as I remember. The last one that will be chopped down looks like the other bam pheno I smoked little of. We shall see.
IMG 20210914 040908635

Phenohunter420

Phenohunter420

Interesting fact.....for a plant the size it was the root zone was different than normal, super thick and short roots up top with a very short and thin root ball? Wonder if it has to do with adapting and fighting for root space in a crowded forest?
Many of the forest plants in the African jungle do grow like that! It could be a fair assumption! 🤔

extractoilminussixty

extractoilminussixty

Interesting fact.....for a plant the size it was the root zone was different than normal, super thick and short roots up top with a very short and thin root ball? Wonder if it has to do with adapting and fighting for root space in a crowded forest?

Damn these roots are too close 🤬

grnmtn

grnmtn

LST completed :)
View attachment 1169463
Before LST, only Supercropped
View attachment 1169464

Question, did any of u get very large Calyxs before Stigmas/hairs showed ?
I'm no help on that one cuz I had a small amount of pollen dust them so they swelled but nothing like you're going to see at the very end. They are so huge that I think there is a seed in them but nope, just a bunch of sticky goo comes out! Insane!
The bam pheno I have that is very close to my memory smells of Chinese Sczhuan food with smoking tire smell mixed in. That is the pheno!

extractoilminussixty

extractoilminussixty

I'm no help on that one cuz I had a small amount of pollen dust them so they swelled but nothing like you're going to see at the very end. They are so huge that I think there is a seed in them but nope, just a bunch of sticky goo comes out! Insane!
The bam pheno I have that is very close to my memory smells of Chinese Sczhuan food with smoking tire smell mixed in. That is the pheno!
Well I hope I don’t have a male, this is crazy plant is 46 days old (I think a male would have been obvious at least a week or two ago), it looks like a female male combo…?… well guess I will find out in a day or two… i’ll even have a nice female, or a shit load of pollen.
🤔

extractoilminussixty

extractoilminussixty

Sticky Goo (SG). Strain 😎😤🤪
My god man, a new strain…
Brilliant
👍

Bhadbrad

Bhadbrad

View attachment 417553 I'm creating this thread for all those people who are obsessed with the African black magic strain.
The quest to find this strain shall begin!
Well personally I never encountered this strain but I have been researching it for quite a while now and this is what I can conclude I've been reading about a black strain of weed found in the Ituri Forest in the Democratic Republic of Congo and that the Pygmies of the forest smoke it and it is said to be very psychedelic, probably due to equatorial conditions this strain has adapted to high uv rays and probably started producing high levels of THC and THCV and that could explain it's high psychedelic activity . Just like many other African strains like Malawi gold, Durban poison, and Mulanje gold. If any of you know about this strain or other black colored or dark colored African strains please share some of you knowledge and let's try to keep this thread alive and solve the mystery of this legendary African Sativa strain! oh and I found some pics of it on Thcfarmer
I'm growing two BAM plants
PXL 20210916 1545075142
now.

Top Bottom