African Black Magic/ Ituri Norie

• Thread starter Kush Kloud
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
shaganja

shaganja

There has got to be people who were in WI or MI in that 80s timeframe who had to smoke as much or more of it than me out there. Where are they?
I lost contact with the others who smoked it with me over time. Too bad.
Smoked and smuggled some black weed from lower michigan, to the u.p. and it was a hit! So much, my stash got stolen! Lol they said it was called monkey paw.

VoodooChild

VoodooChild

So I had some conversations a with an vietnam war veteran friend of mine a a couple months back ( smokes up in this super dope old Chinese silver opium pipe which gets super clogged with herb resin to the point he has to boil it out cause every glass bowl he gets does the same thing and I need to get him a dynavap some RSO or something poor man says he can barley even handle smoking anymore) he said that they used to smoke something called black elephant or they also called it elephant weed. After seeing the original picture of BAM in this thread and then hearing his stories I was like no way could this be something similar? He also said he smoked some kind of weed from africa if i recall correctly called black mamba? But he said the elephant weed buds were so dark they looked black and was strong he said you couldn't even roll it in a joint you had to put it in a bowl cause it would clog up the joint!. Who knows could this have been pure weed that generates that much resin?
Oh man thank you I found a hell of a landrace site here https://www.tltseeds.com/

They have everything lol

shaganja

shaganja

Smoked and smuggled some black weed from lower michigan, to the u.p. and it was a hit! So much, my stash got stolen! Lol they said it was called monkey paw.
I believe it was vietnamese black, since those were the times vets were back home from the war. I think they smuggled seeds back, and grew em inside. It was around the late 80's.

VoodooChild

VoodooChild

@VoodooChild im a lover of landraces, CAUSE they are mostly sideeffectsfree. There are herbs like thai that can spook you out pretty much, but in the same time they dont make you anxcious.
I think some very high Thc-Thai existed , the old thaistick, and still it was some of the most kind weeds i knew.. (but its spooky.. I think Black African could be something for you. but best would be Vietnamese, or Mexi. ) but better a black african high thc, than a modern Hybrid IMHO
Yes there is an awkward feel with modern cannabis, they just want thc higher and higher, it's pure market I don't know if you ever gone to amesterdam but the center it's just a theme park... So sad because great country and plant to. I believe this is a gift from God, really man the cannabis is miraculous but you have to keep it in its original state. No chemical fertilizer etc... And the amsterdam weed is not natural at all

VoodooChild

VoodooChild

You think these are a good source for rooibaard seeds https://www.jamaicanseedbank.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=117 ? That black poison sounds like its gonna be something special. Also, I know this is a bit off topic does anyone know the genetics of the original jamaican lambsbread or where I can find some seeds of that?

Found this for lambsbread : https://oldschoolba.com/product/lambsbread/ The story is that is the most close to pure jamaïcan landraces who have disappeared or almost disappeared of jamaïca BUT I rode on a forum that there are still seed of pure jamaïcan in Saint Vincent... It's like tracking at this level... At the same time these islands are very small

Last edited:
jimihendrixsantana

jimihendrixsantana

Yes there is an awkward feel with modern cannabis, they just want thc higher and higher, it's pure market I don't know if you ever gone to amesterdam but the center it's just a theme park... So sad because great country and plant to. I believe this is a gift from God, really man the cannabis is miraculous but you have to keep it in its original state. No chemical fertilizer etc... And the amsterdam weed is not natural at all
I think most important is genetic. And those are acclaimed 30 year old Genetics, inbreed till f8.

I think your just under impression thc-amount is a bad thing.. Yes they push thc in inbreeding. But its Outcrossing what gives me personally most of the bad effects, not THC. It makes me confused, unclear, and anxius..

I mean selection can weaken a Strain , but thats not too much the problem.

Landraces forever! people please preserve this if its good, ive seen so many Strains dissapear into thin air that were once sold.. Later , once theyre sold out they become valuable.. hah

Puritybread

Puritybread

Oh man thank you I found a hell of a landrace site here https://www.tltseeds.com/

They have everything lol
They are legit af too I was gonna order their malwai gold but I ended up copping from the real seed co(TLT and the real seed co hold some of the best landrace genetics IMO). I think we could wait for pheno hunter to get some of the genetics to this black genetical puzzle but if you feeling impatient you could try jamaican seedbanks rooibaard and TLT's congo black cross them and like pheno hunter said you would theoretically get BAM. If these seed companies actually do hold those two strains true genetics.

Phenohunter420

Phenohunter420

Has anyone confirmed if the gentlemen who has it is real or not ??
IF it is, then it's NOT the legendary Black phenotype! Mine look like HEMP plants! LOL! OVER 6 feet tall and VERY little branching, so I FIMmed them. They grow FAST and requires aggressive training for indoors! Personally, I have my doubts.
With that being said, I have a couple of friends in Africa, one who has the Black Magic African seeds, which he's doing a seed run of NOW! And another guy who's supposed to be sending me real black, Black Congolese seeds!
AND yet, another friend in Oklahoma who has 6 African Black Magic seeds that he's going to make more of! So, it'll be a couple or few months but guarantee that I WILL get the REAL African Black Magic!

Pic below are my plants.
The other pic are his plants!
What's the difference? 🤔
Good luck and happy growing brother! 😁
20210826 182320
Screenshot 20210826 181522

Phenohunter420

Phenohunter420

They are legit af too I was gonna order their malwai gold but I ended up copping from the real seed co(TLT and the real seed co hold some of the best landrace genetics IMO). I think we could wait for pheno hunter to get some of the genetics to this black genetical puzzle but if you feeling impatient you could try jamaican seedbanks rooibaard and TLT's congo black cross them and like pheno hunter said you would theoretically get BAM. If these seed companies actually do hold those two strains true genetics.
TYVM brother! 💚 I promise that when I do finally get the REAL African Black Magic and confirm it, I will let you know! I have a VERY small list of people to test the magic beans when they're ready! I'll put you on the list! 😊

extractoilminussixty

extractoilminussixty

They have everything lol
I found this on another site…

May 20, 2020
“Very legit. Collectors of landrace genetics from all over the world. A couple of the people involved are Lil Bald Man Lala from from Derg Corra Collective in Denmark and Cristalin from Underground Seed Collective, both of whom have been around for ages. A lot of the lines they offer are feral collections, so be aware that it's often not like growing something that's been worked by human hands; and undesirable traits that have been bred out of modern cultivars will still be present in some specimens, but there will also be rare and unique expressions not typically found in the stuff you're used to. They do also have some worked heirloom lines though. Without naming names, there are more than a few breeders whose landrace lines have come from them and no credit has been given, with fantastic stories being invented to explain where they sourced their "super secret landrace lines". Another legit source of unique landraces is Angus at The Real Seed Company.”

BUT THEN This, one year later by the same poster above.

Mar 15, 2021
Hawg Wild said:
Very legit. Collectors of landrace genetics from all over the world. A couple of the people involved are Lil Bald Man Lala from from Derg Corra Collective in Denmark and Cristalin from Underground Seed Collective, both of whom have been around for ages. A lot of the lines they offer are feral collections, so be aware that it's often not like growing something that's been worked by human hands; and undesirable traits that have been bred out of modern cultivars will still be present in some specimens, but there will also be rare and unique expressions not typically found in the stuff you're used to. They do also have some worked heirloom lines though. Without naming names, there are more than a few breeders whose landrace lines have come from them and no credit has been given, with fantastic stories being invented to explain where they sourced their "super secret landrace lines". Another legit source of unique landraces is Angus at The Real Seed Company.
“So I got a like on this comment and just wanted to follow up. I'm no longer so sure about these guys. Seedheaven (Lala/Derg Corra) no longer carries their gear - I was told because they were "all about the money"; I was mistaken about their level of involvement, as they were only a vendor for the TLT seeds, not part of the team. I also don't think Cristalin is involved with them either, just that they might have used a line he had previously worked with. And I heard that they were caught using stolen photos awhile back and Frenchy Cannoli called them out on it. I also emailed them asking about their "1975 Pakistan" because their write up on it strongly implied that it was the original UBC Chemo parent strain. The very next day, they had a completely rewritten description up on their site. I honestly think they may have just been reselling bulk seeds from JOTI by the way they made it sound at first. While I was happy with their Chitrali, I can no longer vouch for the legitimacy of their stories or their genetics. My apologies to anyone who may have bought from them based solely on my reccomendation. It was true to what I knew at the time, as I have dealth with Lala for many years and he's never carried anyone's gear on his site that wasn't on the up and up. I certainly hope I didn't inadvertantly steer anyone wrong. I will say that I think their genetics are probably fairly true to their descriptions as far as they know, but I'm not so sure they're not just reselling seeds for a profit of making f2s of other people's work/collections, writing a new description, and marking up the price.”

Last edited: Mar 15, 2021

grnmtn

grnmtn

IF it is, then it's NOT the legendary Black phenotype! Mine look like HEMP plants! LOL! OVER 6 feet tall and VERY little branching, so I FIMmed them. They grow FAST and requires aggressive training for indoors! Personally, I have my doubts.
With that being said, I have a couple of friends in Africa, one who has the Black Magic African seeds, which he's doing a seed run of NOW! And another guy who's supposed to be sending me real black, Black Congolese seeds!
AND yet, another friend in Oklahoma who has 6 African Black Magic seeds that he's going to make more of! So, it'll be a couple or few months but guarantee that I WILL get the REAL African Black Magic!

Pic below are my plants.
What's the difference? 🤔
Good luck and happy growing brother! 😁View attachment 1162185View attachment 1162187

Pic below are my plants.
What's the difference? 🤔
Good luck and happy growing brother! 😁View attachment 1162185View attachment 1162187
Are you going to finish outside or inside?

extractoilminussixty

extractoilminussixty

BAM Seeds: below

Lighter color, but Extreme black striping
Seems like many other African strains have black striping ???

extractoilminussixty

extractoilminussixty

Landrace seeds:
And

Non landrace,
check out “Cobra strain”
(some of you posted about these strains to produce Cobra so I thought you might like it) ;)

VoodooChild

VoodooChild

I found this on another site…

May 20, 2020
“Very legit. Collectors of landrace genetics from all over the world. A couple of the people involved are Lil Bald Man Lala from from Derg Corra Collective in Denmark and Cristalin from Underground Seed Collective, both of whom have been around for ages. A lot of the lines they offer are feral collections, so be aware that it's often not like growing something that's been worked by human hands; and undesirable traits that have been bred out of modern cultivars will still be present in some specimens, but there will also be rare and unique expressions not typically found in the stuff you're used to. They do also have some worked heirloom lines though. Without naming names, there are more than a few breeders whose landrace lines have come from them and no credit has been given, with fantastic stories being invented to explain where they sourced their "super secret landrace lines". Another legit source of unique landraces is Angus at The Real Seed Company.”

BUT THEN This, one year later by the same poster above.

Mar 15, 2021

“So I got a like on this comment and just wanted to follow up. I'm no longer so sure about these guys. Seedheaven (Lala/Derg Corra) no longer carries their gear - I was told because they were "all about the money"; I was mistaken about their level of involvement, as they were only a vendor for the TLT seeds, not part of the team. I also don't think Cristalin is involved with them either, just that they might have used a line he had previously worked with. And I heard that they were caught using stolen photos awhile back and Frenchy Cannoli called them out on it. I also emailed them asking about their "1975 Pakistan" because their write up on it strongly implied that it was the original UBC Chemo parent strain. The very next day, they had a completely rewritten description up on their site. I honestly think they may have just been reselling bulk seeds from JOTI by the way they made it sound at first. While I was happy with their Chitrali, I can no longer vouch for the legitimacy of their stories or their genetics. My apologies to anyone who may have bought from them based solely on my reccomendation. It was true to what I knew at the time, as I have dealth with Lala for many years and he's never carried anyone's gear on his site that wasn't on the up and up. I certainly hope I didn't inadvertantly steer anyone wrong. I will say that I think their genetics are probably fairly true to their descriptions as far as they know, but I'm not so sure they're not just reselling seeds for a profit of making f2s of other people's work/collections, writing a new description, and marking up the price.”

Last edited: Mar 15, 2021

Yes I don't know what to say, if they seem weird by email, it's probably not a good idea to buy on their site, or if you have money and time to loose. On the other hand landrace seeds is a very little market so why would they lie that much ? You need to be passionated to get into this, it's a little business

bobdagrowah

bobdagrowah

Pic below are my plants.
What's the difference? 🤔

Well when you do let me know i been hunting this since the 90s......

Phenohunter420

Phenohunter420

Every landrace on their website is above 25% thc I mean it can't be possible
GOOD observation! Everything on MSC website that I have seen or read, was pulled from the internet search! Including the pics of the Black African Magic and description, especially Purple Magic! SMH!!! My plants look NOTHING like what was advertised! Diminishes his credibility tremendously! I have provided several pics and descriptions NOT found on google!!! Yet, SOME people doubt me! 😩 Go figure! (Not naming names...!)
Screenshot 20210731 054822
Screenshot 20210730 011838
Screenshot 20210731 054218
Screenshot 20210601 171525

Also, notice in the descriptions, the THC content is drastically changed! How honest, eh...? 😅

Top Bottom