Ahh Crap Balls! The Borg?

• Thread starter Oregonak
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Oregonak

Oregonak

Hello everyone. Have had a few strange looking leaves pop up recently. At first it was just a few cuts in the first pic that took a little longer than normal to root. The growth tips died and when they finally popped they came out of it and resumed somewhat healthy.

Now I'm seeing abnormalities through the stable. Mostly strange leaf narrowing, the partial twist at the leaf margin with one side being normal and the other side underdeveloped and mottled.

Bought a 100x scope today. Gonna search for a 200 tomorrow. Can't see anything out of the ordinary. Or at least with thes inexperienced eyes. Is 100x enough for most people to see them? Studied Google images for a bit and haven't seen anything like what the pics show.

Overall the girls look pretty happy. Petioles are mostly at 45s and I am seeing lots of healthy new growth. Hard to imagine they could look this good after being attacked by the Borg. Happy thoughts.

I'll keep looking, but so far I have hope.
If I have them I'm not sure what I'll do.

My brother has been maintaining with the broads for two years. I suppose it was only a matter of time before I brought them home as I like to see my family.

One possibility is a kitchen sink style compost tea that was applied on 3/15. Gotta quit doing that. Usually they turn out good with a light sprinkling of many inputs
Ahh crap balls the borg
. This application I saw a strong purpling of the petioles and leaf margins accompanied by dark green foliage. At least on enough plants to make me thing the purpling was caused by the tea. Gotta remember KISS and not go overboard.

So...anyone have any thoughts?

Thanks in advance. Peace, love, happy thoughts and hippie poo

Ahh crap balls the borg 2
Ahh crap balls the borg 3
Ahh crap balls the borg 4
Ahh crap balls the borg 5
Ahh crap balls the borg 6
Ahh crap balls the borg 7
Ahh crap balls the borg 8
Ahh crap balls the borg 9
Ahh crap balls the borg 10
Ahh crap balls the borg 11
Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Have had a few strange looking leaves pop up recently. At first it was just a few cuts in the first pic that took a little longer than normal to root. The growth tips died and when they finally popped they came out of it and resumed somewhat healthy.

Now I'm seeing abnormalities through the stable. Mostly strange leaf narrowing, the partial twist at the leaf margin with one side being normal and the other side underdeveloped and mottled.
That could be pH parameter issues, or possibly broad mites. I believe 100x, assuming it's a good quality lens, should be sufficient. Radio Shack is not good quality IME. I think you should keep an eye out and perhaps just go ahead and treat for broad mites here, based on what I'm seeing.

My experience with the purpling and dark green color that you describe occurs with a P-. I'm not sure how that tea could have fixed P so hard, but that's my opinion.

Oregonak

Oregonak

That could be pH parameter issues, or possibly broad mites. I believe 100x, assuming it's a good quality lens, should be sufficient. Radio Shack is not good quality IME. I think you should keep an eye out and perhaps just go ahead and treat for broad mites here, based on what I'm seeing.

My experience with the purpling and dark green color that you describe occurs with a P-. I'm not sure how that tea could have fixed P so hard, but that's my opinion.

Thanks Sea. I took your advice about breaking up posts.

I've read about methods for treating bm's that range from ice water to nuclear chems to predatory insects to burning down the house.

Currently my regimine consists of dyna gro 100% neem @ 1/2 ounce per gallon hot water with ten drops of next generation natural diah soap. Maybe I'll go ahead and raise the neem amount to the recomended one ounce per gallon or keep it at 1/2 ounce and start spraying twice a week. Need to get an atomizer, twice a week is a lot of labor! I also have a couple bottles of met 52 gifted by a friend. So maybe met 52 once a week and neem once a week. Haven't tried the met 52 yet but hear good feedback.

And thanks for the glimmer of hope with the mention of possible a ph issue, I'll do some slurry tests this evening to see if anything is awry. And try in the future to simplify my teas.

Thanks again. Happy thoughts and better meant intentions.

Top Bottom