Wanted Alcapolco gold recommendation

• Thread starter azmmjadvocates
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
azmmjadvocates

azmmjadvocates

Who do you guys recommended for good old school alcapolco gold and other sativas to legal U.S. Arizona?

mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

The closest thing might be the Oaxacan a breeder named E$kobar was selling a few years ago. He's now out of the biz, but people hoarded his beans. It's a fem, if you find it.

A seed collector went to the various parts of Mexico to collect seeds from local farmers, and gave them all to Esko, to work with. The Jalisco and Oaxacan were the only two he put out. The seeds from Guerrero, which is where Acapulco is, did not produce any plants he considered worthwhile.

azmmjadvocates

azmmjadvocates

Bummer, going to be a bag hunt then, got some beans over 10yo but mixed with other seeds. Time to break out the gibberilic acid. Yeah that's what I need it for is to hybrid. Downside to legalization is all the seed from back in the day flowing into AZ from Mexico drying up now...

Lived in a railroad town as a teen mid 80's long before drug testing days in the Midwest.. Guys on the caboose would throw the seeds out the window along a bridge. Some good Sativa's back then.

Last edited:
biggerbud420

biggerbud420

These seeds came from Barney’s. Currently on 2nd week of flower.

Took a while getting to Michigan tho

i just order some Acapulco gold from barneys farm i have been growing the growers choice seeds Acapulco gold

M

MissMiss

this was it Acapulco gold grower choice seeds
View attachment 1222353
Those are pretty! This is my first grow & so far so good. I just hope this AG tastes as good as I remember.
I saved 2 of the AG seeds to germinate for an outside grow. I’m not gonna top them & see what happens. The ones in the tent were topped twice & in a scrog & they are some tall plants. Maybe I’ll top the outside ones once?

Poekie

Poekie

Supporter
About 10 years ago i had a Acapulco Gold from Barneys, finished outside the day before Christmas when first snow started to fall.
Had a lovely stimulating sativa effect.

Only the Panama from Ace Seeds came close to that feeling.

Now growing Oaxaca, wonder how she turns out.

Pushrod Monkey

Pushrod Monkey

this was it Acapulco gold grower choice seeds
View attachment 1222353
Looks nothing like a Mexican sativa and I’ve seen more than a couple. For you too young to remember. The sativas take forever and flower sparsely compared to what you have shown. When the first indicas were brought to Mexico it meant harvest sooner and fatter buds. I never thought to store those old greasy fat seeds. Don’t know anyone who did. The undesirable characteristics were bred out.

I maintain this IBL Durban and it’s a true pain in the ass doing it. Can’t run anything else including pollinated females. Because possible hermies or nanners. Takes a good 85 days to finish. Then you tell people the price and they’re “Ooooh. I think I’ll go with Dutch Passion”.

In case you’re wondering where the pure strains went.

Pushrod Monkey

Pushrod Monkey

I have landrace Mexican and Colombian strains. The only thing they are good for is breeding. You cross them with about any modern strain and get plants that have amazing hybrid vigor. This was 4 weeks from sprout.
View attachment 1222464
Then 4 weeks later.
View attachment 1222465
I maintain this IBL. But I have also crossed it. At present I’m about 3 weeks from taking seeds from 7 other strains. In addition a professional breeder has crossed it with 5 other strains. This is how skunk disappeared!

I have it crossed with real MAC. Also with Blackwater. Seeds will be available about the first of April.

growsince79

growsince79

I maintain this IBL. But I have also crossed it. At present I’m about 3 weeks from taking seeds from 7 other strains. In addition a professional breeder has crossed it with 5 other strains. This is how skunk disappeared!

I have it crossed with real MAC. Also with Blackwater. Seeds will be available about the first of April.
I was gonna make more crosses, but I ran out of pollen. I might make more someday. Growing a Colombian x MacRiddle(Capulator seeds) now.

GrowHobo

GrowHobo

This is the closest I've seen; might be legit.
This actually looks promising thanks for dropping that link. 12-24 week flower time. Yes please.

Latest posts

Top Bottom