Wanted Alcapolco gold recommendation

• Thread starter azmmjadvocates
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
M

MissMiss

About 10 years ago i had a Acapulco Gold from Barneys, finished outside the day before Christmas when first snow started to fall.
Had a lovely stimulating sativa effect.

Only the Panama from Ace Seeds came close to that feeling.

Now growing Oaxaca, wonder how she turns out.
Nice. I plan on putting 2 Barney’s AG outside in MI this spring, good to know it takes the fall chill well

azmmjadvocates

azmmjadvocates

This is the closest I've seen; might be legit.
Yep this looks like what I'm looking for. thanks

Moshmen

Moshmen

Looks nothing like a Mexican sativa and I’ve seen more than a couple. For you too young to remember. The sativas take forever and flower sparsely compared to what you have shown. When the first indicas were brought to Mexico it meant harvest sooner and fatter buds. I never thought to store those old greasy fat seeds. Don’t know anyone who did. The undesirable characteristics were bred out.

I maintain this IBL Durban and it’s a true pain in the ass doing it. Can’t run anything else including pollinated females. Because possible hermies or nanners. Takes a good 85 days to finish. Then you tell people the price and they’re “Ooooh. I think I’ll go with Dutch Passion”.

In case you’re wondering where the pure strains went.
I’m gettin ready to drop ur poison here soon!

azmmjadvocates

azmmjadvocates

IMG 20220319 1510162

T

tthomp

So I asked Danny Danko on his podcast if he knew of any resources for acquiring the old school Acapulco Gold Seeds. He really didn't have any specific breeders and said we would probably have to go into Mexico to hunt for them. As part of his answer he mentioned the AG had been crossed with indica strain to speed up flowering times along with making the plants less leggy. You can hear his answer to my question on his podcast Grow Bud Yourself episode 89. So, anyway I decided to just go with Barney's Farm Acapulco Gold. I am almost a month into growing them and you can see the indica influence in the leaves.

T

tthomp

I have one odd looking plant on the right. Leaves seem to be oddly misshapen.

Glassdub

Glassdub

Doesn't look Mexican at all. Looks very indica. I might as well breed some pure indica so I can sell authentic AG seeds.
Right, I'm opt for Nebula from them if I wanted to overpay for seeds, no pretense of being sativa but I liked the free seed I got.

Glassdub

Glassdub

Real AG was pure sativa; it looks and grows nothing like the fake hybrid ones.
This is more sativa than most of the hybrid AG seeds posted here, pain to trim, tiny buds, speedy/gabby buzz, unfortunately just botched up the last 2 seeds I had, wouldn't mind growing again but I'm not sure to the point of buying more seed. I was going to get the Barney AG next but after reading all this I'm having my doubts.

Top Bottom