Alien Genetics - Grow Log from Seed - Pure Coco, CO2

• Thread starter nMEEKS
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
RIVAL79

RIVAL79

Funk Master!
Supporter
I'm loving the pics, bro. I bet they look in even more frosty in person. Great work as usual. Nothing but the best in 2013 for all the THC Farmers! This should give peeps some inspiration. I know it makes people thrive to get their garden banging like this. Big Ups, nMEEKS!

nMEEKS

nMEEKS

Horticulturist
Supporter
:eek:, thought I left Tahoe....Look at that frost!
Haha, I think we are jealous of each other right now! I wish I had made it up to Tahoe this year, it has been too long since I got to ride! Thanks for the enthusiasm Gr33n!

Good to see you around BigCheese! Haha, I hope I didn't scare you with all this FIRE!

You are one bad ass motherfucker Meeks.....your shit looks insanely stupid bro in the good way......that BHO is kick ass looks like some lung caving shit.....I haven't seen any good BHO or budder for a long time and it sucks big time......that last pic of that bowl made me one jealous man....your pics and skills are getting way crazy bro!

respect!!!!!!!
Dang Mitch, Thanks so much bro!! The BHO has kept me in a zombie-like state for the last couple weeks, haha! I'm glad you like the pictures, I was so bored by the end of my Winter break that I was taking photos multiple times a day of the plants and what I was smoking. . . . had to stop myself from uploading all the hundreds of photos I took and sort through them for true quality that The Farm deserves!

Excellent work as always meeks! You made me grab a pack of the white fire alien. What would you say she is leaning towards?
Nice score JB!! This has definitely been one of the craziest packs from OGR I ever popped! There are actually two different plants (both WiFi Alien), that are leaning towards different parents. The first and last WiFiA picture are of the same plant, which is leaning towards the Fire OG almost 100%, but with a touch of Alien tech. for better stacking structure! The middle 4 photos are all of the other plant, which is very obviously leaning almost completely towards The White! Thanks for stopping by.

nMEEKS

nMEEKS

Horticulturist
Supporter
I'm loving the pics, bro. I bet they look in even more frosty in person. Great work as usual. Nothing but the best in 2013 for all the THC Farmers! This should give peeps some inspiration. I know it makes people thrive to get their garden banging like this. Big Ups, nMEEKS!
Yeah, you know how it is, some genetics looks great on camera, but OGR's stuff always has more trichomes than there are pixels on my screen/camera! Thanks for the kind words and good wishes Rival!

bigcheese510

bigcheese510

Haha, I think we are jealous of each other right now! I wish I had made it up to Tahoe this year, it has been too long since I got to ride! Thanks for the enthusiasm Gr33n!

Good to see you around BigCheese! Haha, I hope I didn't scare you with all this FIRE!

Dang Mitch, Thanks so much bro!! The BHO has kept me in a zombie-like state for the last couple weeks, haha! I'm glad you like the pictures, I was so bored by the end of my Winter break that I was taking photos multiple times a day of the plants and what I was smoking. . . . had to stop myself from uploading all the hundreds of photos I took and sort through them for true quality that The Farm deserves!

Nice score JB!! This has definitely been one of the craziest packs from OGR I ever popped! There are actually two different plants (both WiFi Alien), that are leaning towards different parents. The first and last WiFiA picture are of the same plant, which is leaning towards the Fire OG almost 100%, but with a touch of Alien tech. for better stacking structure! The middle 4 photos are all of the other plant, which is very obviously leaning almost completely towards The White! Thanks for stopping by.

im always around bro. good to see youre turning the heat up on them girls. keep it up broady

nMEEKS

nMEEKS

Horticulturist
Supporter
im always around bro. good to see youre turning the heat up on them girls. keep it up broady
The heat is on and it is getting steamy!

IMG 7090

-Meeks:eek:

nMEEKS

nMEEKS

Horticulturist
Supporter
zoinks scoobs.. youre a fucking serial killer meeks. much respect bro
Thanks, the respect is mutual BC!

I just wanted to give everyone the heads up that I started a new thread for my 2013 grows. I will continue to post here for the duration of this crop (WiFi Alien + Alien Grapevine), but after that my attention will be focused on the new journal only, so I don't want anyone to get left behind :)

CLICK HERE FOR MY 2013 GROW LOG

Here is a teaser photo I took at work today, check out my new thread to see the rest of the photos inside this hydroponic tomato greenhouse!
IMG 7144

-Meeks

nMEEKS

nMEEKS

Horticulturist
Supporter
Badass Meeks! Looks like some delicious maters!
Thanks bro, they are. . . and I'm not even a big fan of tomatoes usually!

I took some lights off shots for the first time this grow, I think they came out really nicely so I couldn't resist putting them up tonight. Check out the full tray of Alien Grapevine on the right (and 3rd photo) and the two genotypes of WiFi Alien on the left (and 2nd photo)!

IMG 7174
IMG 7175
IMG 7176
IMG 7184

-Meeks:rolleyes:

flowamasta

flowamasta

You have MASTERED growing ganja ;) obviously. Just take a look at that leaf vigor people!!! those leaves couldn't be peaking any more! You know a golden secret nMEEKS.

You are absolutely gifted and to have that amazing strain Alien grapevine. I honestly have NEVER EVER seen weed like that!!!!! Now that IS FROSTY and then some!! So where do i have to fly to smoke that?!

Maaaaaaaaan that woke me up!

nMEEKS

nMEEKS

Horticulturist
Supporter
WOW... simply stunning as usual. Nice treasures there nMeeks!
Gracias Amigo! I think there are more than a couple genotypes in here that will be flowered again in the future!

You have MASTERED growing ganja ;) obviously. Just take a look at that leaf vigor people!!! those leaves couldn't be peaking any more! You know a golden secret nMEEKS.

You are absolutely gifted and to have that amazing strain Alien grapevine. I honestly have NEVER EVER seen weed like that!!!!! Now that IS FROSTY and then some!! So where do i have to fly to smoke that?!

Maaaaaaaaan that woke me up!
Thank you so much FM! I got to read your comment this morning before heading off to class and it made my day! There are no secrets here, ask away and I will tell you what I know :D The easy concept to understand how to keep your plants happy is that they like consistency (hopefully in the ideal range), and you already know that. Let me know if there is anything I can tell you about my environment or cultural practices to help you understand how I get the results I do. Enjoy your weekend!

I pulled these pictures up at night on my iphone and the buds made it look like my flashlight app was on! Jeeeez
Hahahaha that's good shit GL! I have noticed that I can't get away with checking my grow log on my phone in public places anymore because too many heads turn when I scroll past my pictures! Thanks for stopping by, have a great weekend.

kendog000

kendog000

Man Meeksy, you got some snow shovelin t do over there bro, fuggin frosty shit everywhere. Been a minute since i swung by, and dayum what a treat it was stoppin back in. Lots and lots of good cam work. Thanks for sharing all thiswith us, even if ya confuse the shit outta me with them crazy ass nute numbers couple pages back hahah

peace
Ken

HG23

HG23

Hey nMeeks,

Looks killer as usual. Im interested to know if you have altered your fertilizer ratios at all and what you think is the cause of the slight curl at the leaf edges (taco style).

nMEEKS

nMEEKS

Horticulturist
Supporter
Man Meeksy, you got some snow shovelin t do over there bro, fuggin frosty shit everywhere. Been a minute since i swung by, and dayum what a treat it was stoppin back in. Lots and lots of good cam work. Thanks for sharing all thiswith us, even if ya confuse the shit outta me with them crazy ass nute numbers couple pages back hahah

peace
Ken
Hahaha, so much frost in the garden right now it is crazy for sure! I have a hard time doing more than 2 density checks at a time because the second my fingers touch the buds they are practically dripping in grease and then I can't use that hand anymore :D My camera is so sticky right now it's funny! Thanks for taking a look through everything Ken, I surprise myself sometimes when I take a look back and see how much real information has accumulated in this thread! Plus a few pretty pictures ;)

Hey nMeeks,

Looks killer as usual. Im interested to know if you have altered your fertilizer ratios at all and what you think is the cause of the slight curl at the leaf edges (taco style).
I'm feeding 2.44g Cal-Nit, 1.6g Epsom, 1.33 MKP, 0.1g MOST, and 0.1g Chelated Fe 6% per gallon, which comes out to around 740ppm! The downward leaf curl is from the high K toxicity that lead me away from the standard Jack's recipe. OGR's strains were doing just fine with the higher K, only extremely minor visual symtoms, but the Alien Grapevines didn't like it one bit! The damage was already done, but the plants have seem much happier throughout the room since I made the switch, and the extra Fe was recommended by YS, who said he saw a full point increase in his brix readings when bumping up his Fe by 1-2%! Thanks for following along so closely HG!

One thing to note is that I am now seeing increased signs of Ca deficiency. . . most likely brought on by the higher Mg or higher Fe. . . . I will be working on a combination of lowering the Mg and foliar feeding Ca-25 for the White Skunk grow to see if I can avoid seeing that symptom.

nMEEKS

nMEEKS

Horticulturist
Supporter
Great questions A-Roe, and yes I do pull some fan leaves during flowering. Obviously, as everyone who has tried to look for it has found out, there is very limited scientific studying of how to perfectly grow a cannabis crop (for female plants at least). This is unfortunate, because it means that most of what does get published on how to grow cannabis is really just loosely tied principals that were actually studied on greenhouse crops like tomatoes. For this reason, I tend to make a lot of my cannabis garden decisions based on the cultural practices that I follow for growing different greenhouse flower and fruit crops, with an educated guess as to how it would apply to cannabis. I wanted to start by saying all that, just so that you don't think what I say next is set in stone as the perfect practice for indoor growers.

On a greenhouse tomato crop, there is a hard and fast number of 17 leaves per plant that you are always trying to maintain once the crop is producing fruit. From the first leaf to the last leaf ends up being about 6-7 feet, sometimes more depending on internode length, and the 17th leaf is starting to get shaded by the next crop row and is also past its peak efficiency for photosynthesis. This number has been researched to provide enough leaf surface area to photosynthesize the needed sugar for the plant to grow healthy fruit and maintain its current leaves and fruit.

We are not that lucky to have an exact number of leaves dictated for each plant to have ideal production without excess that gets wasted. But what I try to do is remove any leaves that are starting to get completely shaded from light, and remove leaves generally 6 weeks after they have been produced for maximum efficiency before they start to be too old to produce beneficial amounts of sugar. You should notice that the base of your final product colas are usually grown in around week 1-2 of flowering, so as you are reaching maturity at week 8-10 (6 weeks later) you will have just pulled the last few leaves below that point.

I hope this very inexact answer helps you understand why there is a big debate among cannabis growers as to whether it is beneficial or not.

A

A-Roe

Okay I kind of see what you are saying. I pulled the majority of the fan leaves on all my plants this run to the point it looked like all I had was sticks in the room.I left every fan that was not blocking light to bud sites or other fan leaves. That was last week (end of week 3) and they have filled back in nicely still a little thin but looks good, this is a vertical run. Last round back in the summer I didn't pull fans and noticed that the plants were putting out nice buds for about 6 inchs deep everything under that was larf and this was a flat garden and I didnt get a chance to finish it due to pest.
And did I say thanks for the response, big Thanks!

nMEEKS

nMEEKS

Horticulturist
Supporter
Okay I kind of see what you are saying. I pulled the majority of the fan leaves on all my plants this run to the point it looked like all I had was sticks in the room.I left every fan that was not blocking light to bud sites or other fan leaves. That was last week (end of week 3) and they have filled back in nicely still a little thin but looks good, this is a vertical run. Last round back in the summer I didn't pull fans and noticed that the plants were putting out nice buds for about 6 inchs deep everything under that was larf and this was a flat garden and I didnt get a chance to finish it due to pest.
And did I say thanks for the response, big Thanks!
No offense, but that was not your best move. Even in tomato plants when we have a dictated 17 leaves per plant, if you were to walk in and see 30 leaves on a plant, you would never strip 13 leaves off at one time! Not only does the plant get slightly stressed with leaf removal, but removing more than a few leaves per plant at a time will lead to high water stress inside the plant (the roots haven't slowed down their water intake) and in tomatoes that can lead to cracking of the fruit skin, and other problems in other plants. In your case, from the way you described it, you removed "a majority" of the fan leaves. . . .which is practically like ripping off a persons legs right before a marathon and hoping they grow back before the finish line! The fan leaves are a plants source of energy. The buds and bud leaves may do some photosynthesizing. . . but they will always be sinks (consuming more sugar than they can produce), where as your fan leaves will generally be sources (producing more sugar than they need), which is why it is crucial to have a full canopy of fan leaves at all times to be producing sugar to feed the growth of your flower sites! Weeks 1-4 of development are when the plant is producing all the cells for all your buds, after that it is just cell expansion for the most part. . . . so if you remove the "majority" of fan leaves in early flower, you are cutting off the source of energy when the plant is at its most crucial stage needing that energy! I grow under 1000w bulbs, and almost always have between 12-20 inches of fan leaf canopy thickness, and my solid colas turn out about 10-18" long at finish. I am just now removing the fan leaves at the base of those foot long colas (week 7). I hope this answer helps clear up my first post, which I think may have been misinterpreted.

Latest posts

Top Bottom