• Start date
  • Tagged users None
nMEEKS

nMEEKS

Horticulturist
Supporter
You're gonna need a saddle meeksy to ride those HORSES home!!!! Aweome

OC
Haha, you're right about that one OC! I just went in to check on them, and of course they are over a full node bigger and looking like they could handle flip tomorrow and still fill both trays fully if I got 4/5 females! I will most likely not be able to hold off on flip for longer than 3-4 more days, but I am going to try and stall that process by doing more topping tonight and tomorrow. Thanks for stopping by!

nMEEKS

nMEEKS

Horticulturist
Supporter
Things are getting big, and fast! Held off on the topping for some reason, but I will maybe do that tonight. Just took some pictures I liked so I thought I would post them up! Nothing too new here, just gave the plants a foliar feeding last night with some Pro-Tekt silica and a little Jack's Hydro since 1 of the plants was showing very minor Phosphorus deficiency and 1 was showing very minor K deficiency. The foliar feeding stopped the deficiency from progressing in its tracks, and everything looked extra perky this morning. On that note, I think it is appropriate to mention that the Lemon Alien Dawgs have been a bit more finicky for me than the Alien Grenades. If you are looking for a vigorous and low maintenance strain (at least during veg) then right now I would point you towards the Alien Grenades for sure.

Not very long now before the flip, I think that also means it's approaching that time to pop some Alien Grapevine seedlings for next round, but I have no idea where I am going to veg them when they get as big as my current plants are now. . . .

IMG 4862
IMG 4864
IMG 4865

IMG 4868
IMG 4867

-Meeks:D

flowamasta

flowamasta

sorry i'm late to the thread nMeeks :) I love to see it all! and yours have grown BEEEEEEAAAUTIFULLY so far!!! Well done man, awesome vibrant green, the leaves vigor couldn't be any better!
Top knotch, glad i'm here for the ride. Some nice variety you have going, gives me chills....

nMEEKS

nMEEKS

Horticulturist
Supporter
sorry i'm late to the thread nMeeks :) I love to see it all! and yours have grown BEEEEEEAAAUTIFULLY so far!!! Well done man, awesome vibrant green, the leaves vigor couldn't be any better!
Top knotch, glad i'm here for the ride. Some nice variety you have going, gives me chills....
Wow, very kind words, thank you FM, it's much appreciated! No worries about settling in a little late, we are just finishing the warm up act, and the big show is about to start! Plus, I have an ace up my sleeve that should make things even more exciting, but that is a surprise for now! I hope I see some buds as humongous as yours by day 28 flower.

flowamasta

flowamasta

Wow, very kind words, thank you FM, it's much appreciated! No worries about settling in a little late, we are just finishing the warm up act, and the big show is about to start! Plus, I have an ace up my sleeve that should make things even more exciting, but that is a surprise for now! I hope I see some buds as humongous as yours by day 28 flower.
lol :) i have no idea how my buds got this big this quick. I feel like i've missed something!? My current grow was actually a slow starter compared to my others still only 28-29 days veg so even i'm very surprised :confused: worry bout nuthin sometimes hehe.
Very glad to be here, i'm settled :p ........ an ace ey?? suspense ooooooohhhhh ya got me! It's obvious you are meant to grow, your little green ladies stand up so proud like young schoolgirls lining up for their medicine. Class show.

nMEEKS

nMEEKS

Horticulturist
Supporter
lol :) i have no idea how my buds got this big this quick. I feel like i've missed something!? My current grow was actually a slow starter compared to my others still only 28-29 days veg so even i'm very surprised :confused: worry bout nuthin sometimes hehe.
Very glad to be here, i'm settled :p ........ an ace ey?? suspense ooooooohhhhh ya got me! It's obvious you are meant to grow, your little green ladies stand up so proud like young schoolgirls lining up for their medicine. Class show.
Yeah your veg time (health/vigor), and early swell is note worthy, to say the very least! My plants tend to put on a good bit of weight starting around day 28, but rarely do they fill between the nodes before day 35 or even 40.

I don't know exactly what the plants will think of the JRPeters line come flower time. . . they love it for veg, but I was told by Cap to just bump the ppms up over the course of the first couple weeks until I'm at 100% strength for mid bloom. . . . so there wont be much of a shift (if any) in ratios of N : P : K after flip.

*If anyone reading my log happens to have any experience with these products specifically that can speak to this working for them, or maybe some other ratios working instead, please feel free to share here or message me privately to help me out, I would greatly appreciate it.*

Thanks again FM!

flowamasta

flowamasta

I like the idea of bumping the food up during flower, i feel as though it increases their metabolism. I try to find the limit, start with whatever and if it handles that (easy to tell with re-circ) bump it up a bit more, if i see a tiny bit of tip sweating i got it just right. Well here's hoping :)

nMEEKS

nMEEKS

Horticulturist
Supporter
Beautiful work nMEEKS:)

Those girls are looking really healthy and happy.

I'm sure looking forward to seeing those beauties in flower.......

Keep up the excellent work!
Thanks waayne! I should do an update since it has been about a week, thanks for prompting me! Flip to 12/12 is right around the corner, so check back soon!

I like the idea of bumping the food up during flower, i feel as though it increases their metabolism. I try to find the limit, start with whatever and if it handles that (easy to tell with re-circ) bump it up a bit more, if i see a tiny bit of tip sweating i got it just right. Well here's hoping :)
Yea, I went back and read the beginning pages of the 'cheap alternatives to over priced nutrients. . . ' thread and confirmed that others besides Cap run the same doses in veg and flower, but bump up the rate in flowering. I also found that I may have been using a bit too much Cal-Nit, because some experienced users put in 1.8g/gal rather than 2g/gal, which is what I've been using. So I think I will go with that from now on, because it works perfectly with what my plants are telling me they want anyways! Thanks for jumping in to help out FM.

OK, so a quick little update. I hope everyone's week has gone well! My summer vacation is drawing to a rapid close and I still have a few side projects to wrap up in the grow room to complete this years upgrades/changes, which I still hope to photograph at some point to share with The Farm.

The Lemon Alien Dawgs and Alien Grenades are the largest plants I have ever had in veg in this room, the stems on some are as thick as plants I have had in week 5 flower, and the roots busted out the bottom of the 7 gallons pots just days after transplant so they are really ready to BLOW UP! This is partially the genetics, but mostly my fault for over veg'ing while I was waiting on 3 more matching 7 gallons pots. So I have decided to put 5 plants in each tray and just make the flip, keeping a close eye on nodes as they develop to cull the males as soon as they show.

I have rooted clones to serve as stock plants for any keepers I choose (male or female) for future use. I am hoping for 4 females from each strain of course, but I am prepared to fill in the space with training of my over veg'ed plants in a screen if there are a couple males in each. On that note, I think I will be using a full table screen this run, which I haven't done before in this location, so I will show you guys pictures of what I build when that happens.

I did end up topping the more vigorous branches to help allow time for the other thinner ones to catch up, which set me back a little over a week because I could have made the flip easily 4 or 5 days ago had I not topped them. But now that everything is thinned out and growing fast again I am planning on making the flip to 12/12 either tomorrow or saturday!:D

And now for the part of the update that I hope others can benefit from. The Lemon Alien Dawg has a very high feeding requirement. I have two plants that are happy with exactly what the Alien Grenades are getting, all 7 of those look great, but I have 3 that are just always hungry! I can't wait to see what they can do if I can get them as happy as the others!

Photos coming with the next update at flip. . .

-Meeks

nMEEKS

nMEEKS

Horticulturist
Supporter
I positioned the plants for 12/12 flip today, I hope to have the screen in place by the end of the weekend. I plan on switching the light timers tonight, so tomorrow will be Day 1 of flowering finally!

I thought a quick picture might help get others as anxious/excited for the flip as I am, so here is one I took just a few min ago.

IMG 4912

So there are 5 plants in each tray now, Alien Grenades on the left under my 1000w Ushio Dual-arc and Lemon Alien Dawgs on the right under my 1000w Hortilux HPS!

-Meeks:cool:

nMEEKS

nMEEKS

Horticulturist
Supporter
Fkn beautiful bro. I love how clean your set up looks and how healthy them plants are growin. Skills brah! props
Thanks Jeezer, I did a bit of clean up when I was moving the plants around before taking that picture, and it always seems to make the plants looks happier when the room is completely clean.

Meeks... Your setup doesn't just look clean, it looks STERILE. Awesome. Excited for your flip!
Thanks Lady Goods, I wish I could truly say I had a sterile setup, I do try my best to make it look that way though :D. The fact that everything is white helps me spot the mess fast and I know for sure when I got it all. Stop by again soon to see which plants ended up being females.

ProdigyGrower

ProdigyGrower

Alien Junkie and bush master
Supporter
Thanks Jeezer, I did a bit of clean up when I was moving the plants around before taking that picture, and it always seems to make the plants looks happier when the room is completely clean.

Thanks Lady Goods, I wish I could truly say I had a sterile setup, I do try my best to make it look that way though :D. The fact that everything is white helps me spot the mess fast and I know for sure when I got it all. Stop by again soon to see which plants ended up being females.

They look super healthy and hommie great job lots of sweet&sour dank in your future for sure!!!!

Latest posts

Top Bottom