Alien Genetics - Grow Log from Seed - Pure Coco, CO2

• Thread starter nMEEKS
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
nMEEKS

nMEEKS

Horticulturist
Supporter
What up, Meeks! Looking good as usual. I'm with cheese on that third shot, but I'd wait it out, too.

"2) I could kill all the large Alien Grenades...
-Meeks"

That there made me shudder. lol... o_O Hope it doesn't come to that.
Haha Goods, I hope it doesn't come to that also but the power bill can get way up there with all my lights running. A friend who would get to reap the benefits has almost completely convinced me to go with option #3, the original plan, where I would have a slightly reduced harvest most likely, but I would also have 5 different strains (and even more genotypes) to smoke once it's all cured up. . . !

Kyle mccall

Kyle mccall

hey nmeeks whats the most positive way to determine a male i thought i had 13 females diff strains feminised but i have spotted what i think are male flowers but im not sure :confused: thanks mate

nMEEKS

nMEEKS

Horticulturist
Supporter
hey nmeeks whats the most positive way to determine a male i thought i had 13 females diff strains feminised but i have spotted what i think are male flowers but im not sure :confused: thanks mate
I find it much simpler to identify female preflowers, and if it has one, it usually doesn't have the other. . . . then again, if you have feminized seeds growing, they could have gone hermaphrodite on you which is not unheard of. If you see things that look like my first two macro shots, then you might have males, or hermaphrodites if you are actually working with feminized seeds. The longer you wait, the more obvious the difference will become, but if there are no white pistils visible after a week or 2, then you are stuck with males, or not getting a full 12 hours of uninterrupted darkness to trigger flowering. I will grab a shot of some female preflowers to post for you to see the clear difference even after just 3 days.

Female preflowers on 2 different plants. These were both showing after just one night of 12/12 lighting!
IMG 4954
IMG 4955

Kyle mccall

Kyle mccall

nice one bro i have the pistills and the male flowers was looking at them and i could swear there were nt any of them the last grow i did and then i found one that had a little pollen unmistakeable so just chopped two plants and inspected the rest every other seed true to the word feminized lol funny it was the same strain and same pheno lookly only the 2 week of flowering visual that is thanks again :)

bigcheese510

bigcheese510

nice one bro i have the pistills and the male flowers was looking at them and i could swear there were nt any of them the last grow i did and then i found one that had a little pollen unmistakeable so just chopped two plants and inspected the rest every other seed true to the word feminized lol funny it was the same strain and same pheno lookly only the 2 week of flowering visual that is thanks again :)
sounds like a hermie which isnt uncommon for fem beans

soserthc1

soserthc1

Been trying to get the chance to run thru your thread Meeks and I am glad I had the chance today. Your plant are crazy bushy - def the way to a health start imho, your attention to detail is amazing and your camera work is equally impressive not to mention the way your room just screams clean. This grow will be epic.... excellent work.. sorry it took so long but subbed , standing in the back now bro....... respect soser

nMEEKS

nMEEKS

Horticulturist
Supporter
Been trying to get the chance to run thru your thread Meeks and I am glad I had the chance today. Your plant are crazy bushy - def the way to a health start imho, your attention to detail is amazing and your camera work is equally impressive not to mention the way your room just screams clean. This grow will be epic.... excellent work.. sorry it took so long but subbed , standing in the back now bro....... respect soser
I am really happy you are enjoying the log soser, thanks a bunch for going through all of it up to this point and for the very kind words in regards to my growing and photography! There does seem to be a lot of people here, but I'm sure we can find a spot with a nice view for you!

Photo Update - Day 8 of 12/12 lighting

The plants are still thriving in my opinion! Their growth did seem to slow just a tiny bit, which I have decided is because I was feeding at 5.7 pH instead of 5.5-5.6 pH. . . . so I am now back to feeding at roughly 5.55 pH, and will update if I change that again. My ppm is now 850-860 for the 6 larger plants in 7 gallon containers, and ~730 ppm for the smaller plants in 2 gallon pots. Only a few leaves here and there have shown any signs of a little N toxicity, which I completely blame on myself for letting the media dry just a bit too much before watering again, meaning the ratio of salt vs. water left in the media changed and the EC in the media spiked the drier it got. No worries though, I caught it within an hour or two of this happening and there was almost no damage (only 1 plant showed any leaf curl, and only on a few lower leaves that would be pruned soon anyways).

I have now tied hundreds of knots with my ball of string, and combined with a few PVC connectors and piping I have created a double layer fully adjustable screen, that is also 100% removable/disassemble-able if needed. I made my square holes 4"x4" and each hole is completely adjustable on its own because of the way I wove the string for the screen. I think it turned out extremely nice, and was significantly easier to setup than my previous Solo-ScrOGs. . . . hopefully I don't regret going for all one big screen, but so far so good!

I did end up going with option number 3, so besides killing my 4 full sized males. . . that means I have 4 Lemon Alien Dawgs grown from seed flowering under my 1000w HPS in a table all on their own. I also have 9 plants grown from clone each in their own 2 gallon pot that are different genotypes of my selected keepers from last year growing OGRaskal's gear from seed. The 9 clones are sharing the second table under my 1000w Dual-Arc bulb with the 2 remaining female Alien Grenades also grown from seed, both in 7 gallon pots just like the 4 Lemon Alien Dawgs.

As I said at the top of this update, today is day 8 of the plants 12 hour days, and they are gearing up for an explosion of growth this next week! I have the first screen layers lowered down to spread the canopies as much as possible for now, and the second layers are positioned about as high as I think I could have them without letting the plant canopy get too close to my lights, when they're all filled in. I have been super cropping daily, and topped a couple more branches that were way to tall. So without anymore stalling, here are some picture I took about an hour ago to show you how things have progressed this week!

IMG 4982

Lemon Alien Dawgs:
IMG 4973

IMG 4974

Alien Grenades + 9 Clones of White Master Kush, White Urkle, and White Fire OG:
IMG 4976

IMG 4979

IMG 4977

IMG 4984

I hope all is going well for everyone else! These girls are ready to do their thing!

-Meeks:D

MitchyNugz

MitchyNugz

Very nice work Meeks that room looks pimp to say the least...I see you switched your style up a bit with the 1 giant S.C.R.O.G instead of doing them individual like you usaully did.....whats the reason for this?? do you not have to worry about moving them around this run???

can't wait to see this in a few weeks gonna be nuts!

nMEEKS

nMEEKS

Horticulturist
Supporter
Very nice work Meeks that room looks pimp to say the least...I see you switched your style up a bit with the 1 giant S.C.R.O.G instead of doing them individual like you usaully did.....whats the reason for this?? do you not have to worry about moving them around this run???

can't wait to see this in a few weeks gonna be nuts!
Thanks Mitch, glad you could stop by! You got it right on with the full table screens, I believe I have a window where I shouldn't have to move the plants out for any inspections, so I decided to save myself some labor and try something new. I'm really looking forward to it because I used to grow with a full area screen before I moved to this location, so I know how nice it is to work with!

Dodge

Dodge

Good Job Meeks. This log was a pleasure to read. Looking forward to seeing the flowers develop. Top notch work to say the least. I for sure think number three was wise choice. You seemed to be impressed with Alien Grenades, would've been a shame to not see 'em bloom. Again, for what it's worth, excellent log amigo.

nMEEKS

nMEEKS

Horticulturist
Supporter
Good Job Meeks. This log was a pleasure to read. Looking forward to seeing the flowers develop. Top notch work to say the least. I for sure think number three was wise choice. You seemed to be impressed with Alien Grenades, would've been a shame to not see 'em bloom. Again, for what it's worth, excellent log amigo.
Much appreciated Dodge, thank you! I am really looking forward to seeing this grow flower also, but combined with school starting back up, these next few weeks are going to feel like slow motion waiting for those buds to grow. . . I am still really impressed with the Alien Grenades I have left, but unfortunately my 2 favorite were both males, so they had to get the chop. I did save a clone of my overall favorite Alien Grenades plant, even though it was male, and it is growing 3 times faster than the other clones right now, easily. The smells are getting stronger, still a strong citrus but getting over powered right now by spice/herbs in the Lemon Alien Dawgs. Thanks again for checking out the thread!

nMEEKS

nMEEKS

Horticulturist
Supporter
Everything is looking really professional meeks.. the growth, the room, the photography. Top-notch bro.. I'll be watching your grenades while I wait for room to pop mine..
I really appreciate your choice of wording there Keystoner, since I am going to school for Horticulture it is awesome to hear that my work comes off as professional! Get those Grenades going as soon as you can bro, they are seriously impressive!

nMEEKS

nMEEKS

Horticulturist
Supporter
Spinal Tap reference? lol... Not surprising @ all that you're going to school for horticulture. Your room makes me so happy & it's apparent that your plants are just thrilled too. Always enjoy your updates, Meeks! Be well!
Great movie, and yes that was supposed to be a subtle reference! I'm really glad you enjoy my posts Lady Goods, I try to share as much as I have time for! Check back in soon to see the new buds, white pistils are forming at the tips of new shoots starting today so there should be something worth photographing in a few days!

looks more like a 15 but ill let you call it cuz youre the 1 there
Haha, yea I don't think the amp goes that high, but it would be for sure if it could! Honestly I feel like I have these plants grown from seeds just as dialed as I had the WiFi on my second round with it, just because these nutrients are so stupid simple, it's hard to upset the plants! They got a light foliar with some silica and Epsom salts this morning right before lights on and they just look fantastic, stretching for the light like no other! Thanks for stopping by Cheese.

Latest posts

Top Bottom