Alien Genetics - Grow Log from Seed - Pure Coco, CO2

• Thread starter nMEEKS
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
A

A-Roe

Well damn, I kinda thought that at first before I stripped them but then I said fuck it cause the buds that were being shaded were itsy-bitsy. I got another set that just hit the end of week three that I was going to strip but not anymore, going take youre advice and try to get some foot long cola (never had any that long before).

Patanjali

Patanjali

Well, After about 2-3 hours of reading I finally made it through the whole log, and all I can say is WOW! Super great pictures, information, attitude. Huge thumbs up! Being a long time amateur grower it is really great to see more scientific information.

I do have one quick question if you have time. I read earlier in your post:

"I wouldn't recommend using ffof with coco either. I would stay away from starting with coco and then transplanting into a soil based media."

Is this because of he trichoderma? Or is there another reason?

Super amazing A+ journal! I'll definitely be lurking in this thread!

;)

soserthc1

soserthc1

Well, After about 2-3 hours of reading I finally made it through the whole log, and all I can say is WOW! Super great pictures, information, attitude. Huge thumbs up! Being a long time amateur grower it is really great to see more scientific information.

"I wouldn't recommend using ffof with coco either. I would stay away from starting with coco and then transplanting into a soil based media."

;)
Patanjali , he (meeks ) has switched up threads for 2013 search it up bro, its like meeks dapper 2013 grow log but he is switching over to that one for this year , with his current grow on it , and your correct ton's of good info from meeks and he does not mind questions at all , as you can tell with all the questions i peppered him with.... peace soser

Patanjali

Patanjali

Patanjali , he (meeks ) has switched up threads for 2013 search it up bro, its like meeks dapper 2013 grow log but he is switching over to that one for this year , with his current grow on it , and your correct ton's of good info from meeks and he does not mind questions at all , as you can tell with all the questions i peppered him with.... peace soser
Thanks Soser! I'll be sure to check that one out and maybe re-ask my question there. Also, thank you for all the great questions that spurred equally great answers!

nMEEKS

nMEEKS

Horticulturist
Supporter

;)
Hahaha, yeah, I figured you had gone through the whole thing when I got over 90 notifications over the course of last night and this morning :eek:

Thanks so much for taking the time to read/look through everything I have posted! There really is a ton of information in here, and the users like you who take advantage of it will be a step ahead!

The reason behind not switching from hydroponic medias like Oasis, Rockwool, or Coco is because the ideal pH to provide ideal nutrient availability (different nutrients are more or less available at different pH) is different for hydroponic medias compared to soils. Soils I think are ideal around 6.5-7 pH and hydro medias are ideal around 5.5-6 pH (some say 5.8-6.2). If you have a little rockwool cube for rooting clones, and you plant that into a soil pot, there probably wont be any major problems. . . since the rockwool makes up such a small portion of the volume for root mass. But if you planted a 2 gallon coco grown plant into a 5 gallon pot of a soil based media like FFOF, then you are gambling between having the best of both worlds (nutrients available at both pH ranges because you have both medias) and having the worst of both worlds (very difficult to find an ideal pH for feeding when half your media is ideal at 6.5 pH and half your media would provide more nutrients at 5.5 pH)

Common sense might tell you to feed at a pH of roughly 6, right in the middle, but that isn't how the media chemistry works, and you will just make the nutrients less available in both medias. Make your life simpler, pick one media type (hydro or soil), not both.

I hope that answer clears things up for you, thanks again for checking out the whole thread!

-Meeks

Patanjali

Patanjali

Hahaha, yeah, I figured you had gone through the whole thing when I got over 90 notifications over the course of last night and this morning :eek:

Thanks so much for taking the time to read/look through everything I have posted! There really is a ton of information in here, and the users like you who take advantage of it will be a step ahead!

The reason behind not switching from hydroponic medias like Oasis, Rockwool, or Coco is because the ideal pH to provide ideal nutrient availability (different nutrients are more or less available at different pH) is different for hydroponic medias compared to soils. Soils I think are ideal around 6.5-7 pH and hydro medias are ideal around 5.5-6 pH (some say 5.8-6.2). If you have a little rockwool cube for rooting clones, and you plant that into a soil pot, there probably wont be any major problems. . . since the rockwool makes up such a small portion of the volume for root mass. But if you planted a 2 gallon coco grown plant into a 5 gallon pot of a soil based media like FFOF, then you are gambling between having the best of both worlds (nutrients available at both pH ranges because you have both medias) and having the worst of both worlds (very difficult to find an ideal pH for feeding when half your media is ideal at 6.5 pH and half your media would provide more nutrients at 5.5 pH)

Common sense might tell you to feed at a pH of roughly 6, right in the middle, but that isn't how the media chemistry works, and you will just make the nutrients less available in both medias. Make your life simpler, pick one media type (hydro or soil), not both.

I hope that answer clears things up for you, thanks again for checking out the whole thread!

-Meeks
Hehe... sorry Meeks! I can't help but hit the like button when I see a great post. Hell, I just like it when you take the time to sit and answer everyones posts with your already crazy busy schedule! A true asset to the site!

Ok, I think I misread your post. I have found out the hard way not to mix medias (imho). I was rooting into rockwool and then xplanting into soil = no bueno for me. I have been using a blend of promix, FFOF, coco coir, ewc, supersoil, etc. I was wondering if you were referring to the fungi, as I have always been curious about having Mycorrhiza and Trichaderma in the same environment?

I think I need a break before I tackle your current journal! ;)

nMEEKS

nMEEKS

Horticulturist
Supporter
Hehe... sorry Meeks! I can't help but hit the like button when I see a great post. Hell, I just like it when you take the time to sit and answer everyones posts with your already crazy busy schedule! A true asset to the site!

Ok, I think I misread your post. I have found out the hard way not to mix medias (imho). I was rooting into rockwool and then xplanting into soil = no bueno for me. I have been using a blend of promix, FFOF, coco coir, ewc, supersoil, etc. I was wondering if you were referring to the fungi, as I have always been curious about having Mycorrhiza and Trichaderma in the same environment?

I think I need a break before I tackle your current journal! ;)
That's a great question for my buddy Joe, I will ask him when I see him next for you!

I am very grateful for all the people that take the time to post in my logs (keeps me feeling good about posting) so it is the least I can do by responding when I have time! Feel free to like every post I ever made if it makes you happy, I don't mind it at all :D

-Meeks

soserthc1

soserthc1

That's a great question for my buddy Joe, I will ask him when I see him next for you!

I am very grateful for all the people that take the time to post in my logs (keeps me feeling good about posting) so it is the least I can do by responding when I have time! Feel free to like every post I ever made if it makes you happy, I don't mind it at all :D

-Meeks
Truly a stand up , considerate person meeks.... props ...

nMEEKS

nMEEKS

Horticulturist
Supporter
Truly a stand up , considerate person meeks.... props ...
Thanks Soser, I try my best!

Well I know I have been slacking on the updates, especially with just a couple random details and mostly photos recently. . . just a few too many things going on right now for me to keep everyone as up to date as I'd like to. I am busy producing a ton of plants that should be ready to sell for Mother's day and Easter (photos coming hopefully), plus I still work in the hydroponic veggie greenhouse, and then I have 2 crops to take care of in my grow room. . . oh, and I am a full time student. . . . so bare with me if it takes me a while to get back to you, and make sure you ask any questions on specific things I may not mention without being prompted.

With that said, I bet you didn't know it is already week 8 for the Alien Grapevine and White Fire Alien, and a few of the ladies looks like they wanna come down today! That's right, HARVEST TIME is here!!

I always tell myself I will take pictures during trimming, but rarely get very many or good quality photos, so I wanted to upload some pictures I took this morning while the plants were still alive!

Not everything is ready yet, specifically my Fire leaning WiFi Alien. So my plan is to split harvest up over this weekend and next. Expect more photos as everything else matures, but for now, here are some macros I took at 54 days of 12/12

Alien Grapevine:
54 days AGV1
54 days AGV2
54 days AGV3
54 days AGV4
54 days AGV5
54 days AGV6

WiFi Alien (Fire Leaner):
54 days WiFiA Fire leaner1
54 days WiFiA Fire leaner2
54 days WiFiA Fire leaner3
54 days WiFiA Fire leaner4

WiFi Alien (White Leaner):
54 days WiFiA White leaner1
54 days WiFiA White leaner2
54 days WiFiA White leaner3
54 days WiFiA White leaner4
54 days WiFiA White leaner5
54 days WiFiA White leaner6

I'm off to trimming, Enjoy the photos :D

-Meeks

619ster

619ster

Damn!!!!:eek:

I really need some Wifi Alien in my life. And here I was thinking that Wifi was Raskal's greatest creation yet. Who knew he would actually outdo himself lol. Great job Meeks!! That's some serious frost on all them ladies!

kendog000

kendog000

Nice nice Meeksey, them hunnies is gettin close. We should be pointin newbs over hee for info, there some really go info about pluckin fans all newbs should read on that last page bro. I always see folks pullin way too many leaves off in flower, hell i even take some, bu takin too many aint good for the girls. Tht white fire Alien is supposed be as good if not better than the wifi, just in reg seeds!! snatch tme packs up while they are aorund

J

justblazen

Active Farmer
Damyum Meeks you are gonna have some dank ass BHO! Great job once again, and best of luck with trimming them beauties.

nMEEKS

nMEEKS

Horticulturist
Supporter
Damn!!!!:eek:

I really need some Wifi Alien in my life. And here I was thinking that Wifi was Raskal's greatest creation yet. Who knew he would actually outdo himself lol. Great job Meeks!! That's some serious frost on all them ladies!
Yeah, his WiFi Alien is certainly better looking while it grows than his original WiFi in my opinion, we will see how it smokes! The yield of the Fire leaner is massive, so that's a plus also! Thanks for the support throughout 619ster!

Nice nice Meeksey, them hunnies is gettin close. We should be pointin newbs over hee for info, there some really go info about pluckin fans all newbs should read on that last page bro. I always see folks pullin way too many leaves off in flower, hell i even take some, bu takin too many aint good for the girls. Tht white fire Alien is supposed be as good if not better than the wifi, just in reg seeds!! snatch tme packs up while they are aorund
Thanks Ken, I wish there was an easy way for me to filter out and post all the good info outside of the thread, but the information is prompted by good questions and relates to the grow pretty well usually, so I think it works best as a part of this log. Maybe one day if I have the time.

holly cow u must be grining from ear to ear, u r making them look proper nMeeks !
Hahaha, :D I can't help it when my trim is frostier than most of the medication I see people smoking! Thanks for the kind words Genepool!

Damyum Meeks you are gonna have some dank ass BHO! Great job once again, and best of luck with trimming them beauties.
Some dank concentrates in my future for sure! I think part of it will go to BHO, but I am running low on hash (made a bunch of bubble hash from my White grows last year) so I might make some Alien bubble if I can get my hands on a set of bags in time! Trimming was a breeze, can't wait to have the second half cleared out next weekend so I can get the White Skunks under the big lights! Thanks for stopping by JB!

leadsled

leadsled

GrowRU

-Meeks

coco coir is a soiless medium, You can call it hydro, and it can be treated like hydro or like soil as well.

But stating you cannot combine soil and coco is not entirely correct in my experience as well as others. Did you try it before and fail? Do you base that information on personal experience?

I bet $$ if you added peat or even soil to coco coir would work just fine. Even with your jacks feeding schedule.

I have also tested side by side and seen otherwise. salts vs organics, coco coir vs peat, amended coco coir vs not etc.

flowamasta

flowamasta

nMeeks.................... lost for words,... am i dreaming? id like to think i am, but then again....

You sir, are a magician when it comes to growing. I understand that if you have some sort of hidden secret in the nutrition side of things towards feeding plants. But Man oh man. WWOoooow. Not normal, i mean that in the most positive way!! just incredible is putting it blunt!! I have NEVER seen ANY bud look ANYTHING like that!!!! The leaves!!! their curl!! Their frost!! the resin!! WHAT THE!!!!!???? How can i change my style of growing to produce something even close to that!!! Magician i tell ya.... Or you really have ALIEN GENETICS from an ALIEN PLANET. Really man.... Go and take a hard look at your pics. Cause they are 'Pure Sex' I wouldn't trim them AT ALL!!!! harness all that flavour 'imo' far out man, can i please save some of them pics?

You have a true gift. A gift in such a magical giving nature at that! I too know how hard it can be sometimes to get a good shot. You aced it.

But them buuuuuuuuuds.... Man! Take a LOOK!!! not normal..... Not normal..... how can i sleep now?? what an awesome living legend.

Top Bottom