Alien strain recomendation?

• Thread starter olschool
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
jlr42024

jlr42024

A far as public releases go I think we should wait and see what A has to say about it but I promise that this kind of BS that will be the reason he ever does stop going public with his creations.
Get it or don't but we all gotta stop giving any attention to these threads or it will be a repeat of what happened with obsol33t!

Classic Remix

Classic Remix

well IMO hopefully he isnt just putting all of his eggs in one basket.....

if there is a single forum on the net that sells his beans, everything good and bad will come here.

everyone needs to be optimistic and look at the good, it seems everyone is nit picking the little shit.

how could alien say there is drama? how many packs has he sold? im sure he could have sold a shitload more if there were a bigger drop on some strains.

comes with the game, if you dont have haters youre doing it wrong IME. but to say he'd be done because of whats gone on, come on whats gone on is like 300 threads all praising him.... if he's weeding out the 5 shitheads to say he wont release, tisk tisk on everyone for having that attitude.

Noob78

Noob78

well IMO hopefully he isnt just putting all of his eggs in one basket.....

if there is a single forum on the net that sells his beans, everything good and bad will come here.

everyone needs to be optimistic and look at the good, it seems everyone is nit picking the little shit.

how could alien say there is drama? how many packs has he sold? im sure he could have sold a shitload more if there were a bigger drop on some strains.

comes with the game, if you dont have haters youre doing it wrong IME. but to say he'd be done because of whats gone on, come on whats gone on is like 300 threads all praising him.... if he's weeding out the 5 shitheads to say he wont release, tisk tisk on everyone for having that attitude.
So true, I pray that is false info about not dropping.Either way I have ARC and tahoe alien on the way. Plan on having some fun with them in the future.now it looks like I have to get the rest of his gear fast.

Classic Remix

Classic Remix

serious. Hopefully he drops some more stuff.... hate to say it but would KILL for some of his strains that dont involve alien... gettin kinda sick of alien.... never saw any grail shit in it anyways.... never got to try the tech though so i have no clue....

but dude has the potential for some seriousness, already has and will continue to, but like i said to nitpick the few that have talked shit or whatever into "no public releases" like damn.... wheres the commitment??

glad i have basically EVERY alien strain available to me in flowers at least... so regardless im super lucky enough to not be stressin it....

PhMe

PhMe

I came here around last years looking for a home and found it. This community has the most humblest people here. No bs, straight forward people who really try to help you. I suggest you listen to them. I myself just order some LAD, and tropicoma <|--(which I've never seen it grown or seen the finish product) and from the genetics alone it make me want to buy it.

squiggly

squiggly

but dude has the potential for some seriousness, already has and will continue to, but like i said to nitpick the few that have talked shit or whatever into "no public releases" like damn.... wheres the commitment??

PLEASE keep in mind that those of us who followed Alien's private breeding projects on this forum basically had to beg him to do the first release. He did not want to do it--and he honestly regretted it almost immediately.

He did the 2nd drop for folks like me and yourself who really appreciate the craftsmanship and care that he puts into his work--but ultimately I think the drama became too much.

For a guy who wanted to be left to his hobby in the first place, I don't blame him for taking a step back after all the fanfare.

If it was me in his shoes, I've got to believe that defending myself and the love I put into my strains would become more like a job than a hobby in the end (based on the outpouring of bullshit that followed both drops).

This is a guy who does what he does for the love of the plant. Not for us. We were lucky to be given the opportunity to purchase his projects, his babies. He never did ANY of what he did for profit, it's just not his nature.

Unfortunately there were a lot of people around who felt differently and didn't appreciate his contribution.

I remember begging him to do the first release, and I remember him saying exactly why he didn't want to--and then I remember every negative thing he predicted would happen coming to pass.

I don't blame the guy. I'm happy to have had my chance to sample his wares.

OP, I think you made the correct decision working your way down the line. You are absolutely right to say it's worth picking up these strains. Even if there is another drop (which I'm not expecting)--I doubt it will include these particular strains. These are all a one time deal I believe (except maybe the LAD which appears to have been mass produced).

Classic Remix

Classic Remix

but so what is he done then? has that been "confirmed" by anyone???? cause people need those genetics he has his hands in some crazy workings... people need to know that shit.

i understand how a hobby becomes a job allll too much. i hate that shit and totally understand.... but i do see the side of him getting recognition over the drama. i dont think anybody that actually grew the shit started all too much drama... buncha kids askin questions...

i'd say getting more than 100$ for a pack all day is some recognition, let alone up into the THOUSANDS OF DOLLARS for 10 seeds. 10 seeds, thousands of dollars. that's going to create drama.... no matter what precautions are taken. this is a huge game of hungry hungry hippos it seems like... i just want to eat the good ones :)

i think saying you are "lucky" to grow someones beloved strain should be if they are testers that are crazy, or be given to you. "luck" has no involvement in a purchase, in my opinion. if its being labeled as finding a shitload of dank phenos, and is priced accordingly, why would you expect different? you pay for what you get, that simple.

can't let the haters get you down or discourage you, its totally taking the head down approach. FUCK EM! if your getting G'skis for a pack of beans, people know your doing shit right.

dont cater to everyone just your market, business 101. but in every single business nowadays you HAVE to clock in wearing a kevlar vest and a cup, if you let a little banter get you down, even if you sell hotdogs you wont make it. people suck they always have.....

i still dont see any reason why not to dust a couple here and there and pay your years mortgage with it, it i were Alien.

squiggly

squiggly

I'll take these one at a time:

but so what is he done then? has that been "confirmed" by anyone???? cause people need those genetics he has his hands in some crazy workings... people need to know that shit.

i understand how a hobby becomes a job allll too much. i hate that shit and totally understand.... but i do see the side of him getting recognition over the drama. i dont think anybody that actually grew the shit started all too much drama... buncha kids askin questions...

Agree with you there.

i'd say getting more than 100$ for a pack all day is some recognition, let alone up into the THOUSANDS OF DOLLARS for 10 seeds. 10 seeds, thousands of dollars. that's going to create drama.... no matter what precautions are taken. this is a huge game of hungry hungry hippos it seems like... i just want to eat the good ones :)

Agree again, except to note that the market dictated the price on those--not Alien. That is definitely recognition from those of us who appreciated the drop--but the reality is that Alien caught a lot of flak for it, and he never should have. That was totally unfair to him.

i think saying you are "lucky" to grow someones beloved strain should be if they are testers that are crazy, or be given to you. "luck" has no involvement in a purchase, in my opinion. if its being labeled as finding a shitload of dank phenos, and is priced accordingly, why would you expect different? you pay for what you get, that simple.

Here's where I disagree. Yes, buying something has nothing to do with luck (except on some of those limited packs).

However, I think there is luck involved when a guy who blatantly does not want to release his strains agrees to after months of begging and swearing he never would.

can't let the haters get you down or discourage you, its totally taking the head down approach. FUCK EM! if your getting G'skis for a pack of beans, people know your doing shit right.

Agree, but that's a bit too cut and dry. Some people hold their good name in higher regard than a few G's.

dont cater to everyone just your market, business 101. but in every single business nowadays you HAVE to clock in wearing a kevlar vest and a cup, if you let a little banter get you down, even if you sell hotdogs you wont make it. people suck they always have.....

Well that's exactly the point isn't it?

The guy wanted a hobby, not a job with a prerequisite bullet proof vest and testicle protection. I think the disconnect is that people don't realize that he doesn't really give a shit what you think of his strains or the prices people paid for them.

He just wants to live his life and do his hobby the way he wants to do it, without judgment, fanfare, or derision. Can you blame him?

Maybe--but honestly if you really look at this for what it was--a guy who had a hobby that turned into a job for him, it makes perfect sense that he'd want to take the step back.

i still dont see any reason why not to dust a couple here and there and pay your years mortgage with it, it i were Alien.

Again I agree, but like I said to him this really is such an important hobby of his.

I'm a violinist. I love playing the violin, I've done it since I was 2. I had the opportunity to attend my choice of musical conservatories--Juliard, Berkeley, Birmingham Conservatoire. I chose against it because I didn't want to turn a personal love of mine into a job.

Everyone in my life though I was insane, but years down the line I am comfortable with my decision--and my violin still comforts me when I'm having a bad day, rather than being a source of bad days as it was during my professional career.

Sure it might pay the bills, but what is the opportunity cost? What is foregone? The answer isn't nothing when it comes to stuff like this, I assure you.

Classic Remix

Classic Remix

given what we just talked about elsewhere, Word brother. respect.

motiv303

motiv303

Amputating Fakeness
Supporter
I haven't heard a "Confirmation" that Alien is done doing public drops either, but it certainly would not surprise me with all the bullshit thats happened both publicly and behind the scenes and he has mentioned the possibility before. Im sure Alien will continue to breed for a long time to come and I honestly hope he does continue. The man definitely has an eye for great crosses I will certainly give him that. Hopefully, if there ever is another public drop, things will be done/handled/go differently. Peace Farmers! Motiv

A

Alien

Supporter
Hey all...no need to worry.

I'm still around...very busy...breeding my ass off and doing my thing.

More beans are coming. There will be a restock on the Alien Grenades, Alien Rock Candy, EWOK, and many others in the near future.

Brand new gear is also on the way. The best things in life take time, so patience is key when creating something totally new and different. Thanks for your understanding.

Cheers,
A

squiggly

squiggly

Hey all...no need to worry.

I'm still around...very busy...breeding my ass off and doing my thing.

More beans are coming. There will be a restock on the Alien Grenades, Alien Rock Candy, EWOK, and many others in the near future.

Brand new gear is also on the way. The best things in life take time, so patience is key when creating something totally new and different. Thanks for your understanding.

Cheers,
A

This is very sexy to hear indeed. Glad to hear you're still on the horse dude.

Since you made an appearance here, and obviously intend to continue on with your public breeding, I would like to actually go back and 2nd something that Classic Remix said in an earlier post.

Because we know that drops of ultra-rare gear that people will pay top dollar for (of their own volition) cause some drama and bullshit to arise--I'd like to remind you, as a friend, to always remember this.

There isn't a single person in the country who has bought a pack of your beans and questioned the price. Most people probably wonder how they got it so cheaply to be honest.

The out-of-stock packs and the absolutely brutally fought over auctions should be proof positive enough that those of us who put our money where our mouth is really appreciate what you do.

So stoked to hear that new projects are on the way dude--fucking great news. You'll be happy to know that FPOG has been spread throughout Illinois to the 4 winds. Your hobby has made a lot of nice people happy--and made a lot of sick people feel just a little bit better when nothing else did.

That should be the prize--the respect you DO have, not the lack of it from retards who don't know better.

budfriend

budfriend

Thanks for the creations. I already have three of your gear. The two i ran are sooooo bomb.

No clone only is any better than your gear. And Ive run so many of them. And your yield and have vigor.

Cheers Alien

T

tree king

Thanks for the creations. I already have three of your gear. The two i ran are sooooo bomb.

No clone only is any better than your gear. And Ive run so many of them. And your yield and have vigor.

Cheers Alien
thats a bold statement. have you ran the grenades or LAD?

E

el_tenador

After seeing your pics of Jaleel, I'm sooo stoked to see what you got coming bro.

Mogrow

Mogrow

grenades // keepers galore in every pack brother.

Mogrow

Mogrow

that looks fire have you ran the LAD too mogrow?
no i haven't, but i'm a dork too.
ive ran the 7 ghosts and the grenades, both very robust strains, i mean they grow like weeds, with dank phenos in every pack. pull the trigger brother, you'll be glad you did.

T

tree king

no i haven't, but i'm a dork too.
ive ran the 7 ghosts and the grenades, both very robust strains, i mean they grow like weeds, with dank phenos in every pack. pull the trigger brother, you'll be glad you did.
no doubt im def grabbin the grenades. would you describe the yield as massive?

Top Bottom