Aliens Organic Feeding Program.

• Thread starter juggernaut
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
gumby420

gumby420

this is the recipe i now use and have notice amazing results. i ended up saving a gallon from my last batch of tea to reuse. when i went to reuse it about a week later it smelled super gnarly so i tossed it. would it have been ok? or since it hasnt been bubbling has everything died and gone bad? would it hurt the plants regardless?

GR33NL3AF

GR33NL3AF

this is the recipe i now use and have notice amazing results. i ended up saving a gallon from my last batch of tea to reuse. when i went to reuse it about a week later it smelled super gnarly so i tossed it. would it have been ok? or since it hasnt been bubbling has everything died and gone bad? would it hurt the plants regardless?

That smell was the bad bacteria taking over, the tea went bad. Don't use tea when it smells like that.

gumby420

gumby420

That smell was the bad bacteria taking over, the tea went bad. Don't use tea when it smells like that.
well i thought that shit got tossed and my partner ended up watering with it. dilluted the one gallon into 10 and watered 10 plants a gallon each. could the bad bacteria have adverse effects on the plants? thanks

GR33NL3AF

GR33NL3AF

well i thought that shit got tossed and my partner ended up watering with it. dilluted the one gallon into 10 and watered 10 plants a gallon each. could the bad bacteria have adverse effects on the plants? thanks

Absolutely, but if you're soil is inoculated enough your roots should be safe.

squiggly

squiggly

Yeah there's enzymes, yucca extract, and Mollasis in it, all of which don't explain the 350 a gall. The A1 Humic/Fulvic is used at 3-5 mls per gall you could buy 6 Galls for the cost of one gall of sea green. Again I'm not here to bash a product just saying for the cost it's not worth it. The same results if not better can be achieved for 100's of dollars less per run, I'm only trying to save people money. You can apply this data if you want to or not, my pocketbook is thanking me.

It always blows my mind how people seem to have evolved scientific analysis eyeballs.

Even a nuclear magnetic resonance spectrometer, and IR spectrometer, and a gas chromatograph-molecular spectrometer couldn't tell you exactly what was in the bottle if they all worked together in tandem--yet somehow the human eye can tell all of these things.

Simple amazing.

/sarcasm

End of the day it's a proprietary formula. Unless you spend a couple hundred thousand dollars reverse engineering it, you don't and can't possibly know what's in it.

You might know SOME of what's in it (yucca or molasses for instance) but its just not realistic that you've got the stuff pegged.

I'm not trying to be a dick [honestly I'm not--don't take it personally] but when you talk about "applying data" when in fact you don't have any it ruffles my science feathers. If you have data and evidence, share it with everyone--my guess is that you're guessing (and I'm willing to bet cash that my guess is more correct than yours is) and that you have no data which delineates out what exactly is in sea green.

Data =/= Stuff you think

Data = Stuff you can demonstrate beyond any reasonable shadow of a doubt for which you can quantify the accuracy, precision, and inherent error in your measurement.

As I said, it's reasonable to guess things like the yucca extract--and it flat out says there are humates/fulvates in there, so that's also reasonable--but what isn't reasonable is to suggest that you know everything that is in there and whether or not the cost can be justified based on that.

It has been shown that there are organisms in the sea green--do you know exactly which ones?

What other chemicals are in there? Do you have an exhaustive list?

You don't, and that's all that I'm saying here. Of course you can judge its worth to you but when you make a wild assumption and don't back it up--bashing the product is precisely what you are doing, adding a caveat to say you aren't doesn't change that.

samino

samino

Cap, have you or anyone used your bennies with sea green and nutes mixed in at the same time? If its possible, would it be ok to use Heavy 16, or would Bio-Biz grow be better with that application?

squiggly

squiggly

Cap, have you or anyone used your bennies with sea green and nutes mixed in at the same time? If its possible, would it be ok to use Heavy 16, or would Bio-Biz grow be better with that application?

I do this with organic nutes (pure blend pro).

If you use salt based nutrients you will rape the bennies in the face. You will instantly dessicate like 95% of them. Feeding at the same time would be much better than simply mixing them up together.

samino

samino

If you use salt based nutrients you will rape the bennies in the face. You will instantly dessicate like 95% of them. Feeding at the same time would be much better than simply mixing them up together.
Thanks Squiggly! So you think Bio-Bizz would be too harsh as far as salts?

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter

Either one the bennies will work fine. Both are good nutes, and both are different.

pork

pork

what causes this to happen with the salts? i've spent too much time trying to find literature on the subject and the best i came across spoke of phosphates inhibiting mycorrhizal fungi growth...but could never find anything besides broscience dealing with salts killing bennies...anything you could point me towards?

ftwendy

ftwendy

Dessicate = dry

The salts in solution draw the tiny bit of water from inside the bennies, out into the solution. This kills the little guys. High salinity envrio's are tough places to live... which gives rise to the question, are any of these beneficials truly adapted for salt enviros?

fwiw I just read that sea green is releasing a hydro specific formula. I wonder what's different...

squiggly

squiggly

what causes this to happen with the salts? i've spent too much time trying to find literature on the subject and the best i came across spoke of phosphates inhibiting mycorrhizal fungi growth...but could never find anything besides broscience dealing with salts killing bennies...anything you could point me towards?

osmotic pressure.

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
Dessicate = dry

The salts in solution draw the tiny bit of water from inside the bennies, out into the solution. This kills the little guys. High salinity envrio's are tough places to live... which gives rise to the question, are any of these beneficials truly adapted for salt enviros?

fwiw I just read that sea green is releasing a hydro specific formula. I wonder what's different...

Has to be 5%v/v, which is extremely high. So high that your plants would die before the bennies would.

The issue with applying bennies to hydro only, or using salts only I should say... is the lack of carbons for a foodsource. That's why adding a little molasses is helpful. If you apply only salt based fertilizers to soil, the microbes will break down all the organic matter, eat all the carbon, and then starve to death. At least that's what I have read.

M

mynameis

So off top...you can ditch the great white for caps packs. His root and nute packs contain all the mycorrhizal fungi, trichoderma, and other beneficial bacterias plus some. The foliar pack is great for eradicating pests or as a preventative measure. I am not too sure about the em-1, although it is a microbial innoculant, maybe similar to caps packs? As far as replacing the other products, "A1 nutrients" may be your key, as soon as they get in their organic grow and bloom. They already got OMRI kelp, micros, and i think that their "nucleus" may be able to replace "sea green" as it is used as a massive nutrient uptake. Caps nute pack may also be a possible substitute for "sea green", as it contains phosphate solubilizers which also help in nutrient uptake and overall plant vigor. This is just what i came up with from doing a little research, still working on my feeding program which has recently been switched from Fox Farm and is now primarily based on Alien and A1's feeding schedules. All in all i can honestly tell you that my plants are loving life after i have introduced them to caps beenies.

Trichoderma kill mycorrhizae. Caps counts on bacteria and fungi are ridiculously low. Not sure if people here can do math. Sea Green is literally 1000x more concentrated. Sea green is concentrated to the 14th power, caps is only to the 9th. That like the difference between making 10 dollars and 1,000,000 literally. Ive met the bro who makes Sea Green. He knows his shit. It costs more to put out a quality product. Glad that some people here can appreciate that.

Top Bottom