ALL CRITICS WELCOMED .. I NEED HELP

• Thread starter CurtisBlow916
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
CurtisBlow916

CurtisBlow916

youll be fine, especially if you keep us posted..
i still make a mistake here and there..
This community is really the best thing I’ve came across dealing with this stuff.. hardly any secrets people want to keep 😂 and seems like everyone is here to help and learn. 💚

CurtisBlow916

CurtisBlow916

Looking at clonex solution idk if you guys heard of it but was thinking about introducing it during the seedling stage.. if anyone thinks this is not a smart idea or have any other suggestions I’m all ears.. will be posting more brands and equipment I’m going with. Open for all suggestions.

Farmer88

Farmer88

Looking at clonex solution idk if you guys heard of it but was thinking about introducing it during the seedling stage.. if anyone thinks this is not a smart idea or have any other suggestions I’m all ears.. will be posting more brands and equipment I’m going with. Open for all suggestions.

I use light kelp fertilizer solution had good results with a variety of plants. Maybe some rooting hormone with finicky samples.

CurtisBlow916

CurtisBlow916

I use light kelp fertilizer solution had good results with a variety of plants. Maybe some rooting hormone with finicky samples.
You put it in the medium or in the water to soak the rockwool 🤔 I’ll do another post going through my process through every stage so you guys can kinda understand my thought process and tell me right from wrong there

GanjaFarmer24

GanjaFarmer24

Most of these supplements are concentrated and get mixed in with your regular feed water.

Farmer88

Farmer88

You put it in the medium or in the water to soak the rockwool 🤔 I’ll do another post going through my process through every stage so you guys can kinda understand my thought process and tell me right from wrong there

Just an old ball jar of tap water and a drop or two of kelp. Wait for roots to start to emerge then into a 4inch pot of soil mix or preferred medium.

Same method I've used to do bonsai cuttings, fig cuttings, flower cuttings. Kelp fertilizer is pretty neat.

CurtisBlow916

CurtisBlow916

Just an old ball jar of tap water and a drop or two of kelp. Wait for roots to start to emerge then into a 4inch pot of soil mix or preferred medium.

Same method I've used to do bonsai cuttings, fig cuttings, flower cuttings. Kelp fertilizer is pretty neat.
Any thoughts on RO water🤔 is it even worth the trouble 🤔

Farmer88

Farmer88

Any thoughts on RO water🤔 is it even worth the trouble 🤔

As far as for cuttings, I'm sure it wouldn't hurt the process. The tap water I have is very clean and very very low amounts of chlorides due to the town water being used a lot for food prodiction.

I don't think much calcium is necessary for initial root propigation. If you really want to know. Get several jars, and use plain RO water as the control. Then separate jars for variables, for example; one with tap, one with ro kelp, one tap and kelp, one with ro cal mag, one tap cal mag, one ro kelp calmag and so on like that.

I would probably use powdered oyster shell or sea shell for water soluble calcium and epsoms for mag.

This isn't the easiest way to determine which method works, but it will be best way to gather data necessary to your individual circumstances.

CurtisBlow916

CurtisBlow916

UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE

So I went to my local hydro store and they had a brand of coco that I wasn’t familiar with so I went with fox farm ocean floor witch I’ve heard good reviews about.. I’ll probably end up getting a coco coir medium just to see the difference in yield and maintenance. I also got some perlite but the rocks were a little big so unless you guys think it’ll be fine i might end up crushing them up a bit.. I bought some nursery pots because I think it might be easier to start from them vs in rock wool.. definitely doing rock wool but for seeds but probably not this grow .. I’m adopting the K.I.S.S Method 😂 I’ll be doing some research on the fox farm to see what type of Chems I need for it but if you guys know anything I’m all ears. Also I’ll be posting a picture of the pots I feel good about them but I think the spaces might be too big

Last edited:
ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

Fox Farms Ocean Forest is what we use. All you need is a dose of microbes and enzymes. Then just add water when needed.
The soil provides everything else.

CurtisBlow916

CurtisBlow916

Fox Farms Ocean Forest is what we use. All you need is a dose of microbes and enzymes. Then just add water when needed.
The soil provides everything else.
Any suggestions on w brand or it really doesn’t matter🤔 I’ll probably go with Greta white if it doesn’t matter.. I really like how it promotes root health and help water and feed intake( look at me sounding like a sponsor 😂)
https://www.amazon.com/Great-White-...great+white+mycorrhizae&qid=1624305485&sr=8-3

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

Those are big. Break them up.
The soil has a lot in it already but you can add some to it.

CurtisBlow916

CurtisBlow916

Those are big. Break them up.
The soil has a lot in it already but you can add some to it.
Ok so what I’ll do is do my research on some brands with microbes and enzymes chems and try out a couple and just put the great white on the roots on transplant days with I plan on doing once maybe twice and then share my results .. Any comments on the nursery pots🤔 I think there good but maybe too much space in them.

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

Fabric pots or Air pots. You want the best for your roots.
They need to breathe. Soil is not hydro. You don't grow them the same way.
Which way are you going to go?

CurtisBlow916

CurtisBlow916

Fabric pots or Air pots. You want the best for your roots.
They need to breathe. Soil is not hydro. You don't grow them the same way.
Which way are you going to go?
Both.. I’m going tomorrow to grab coco coir and I’ll grab fabric pots when I do .. the reason I went away from fabric pots because somebody recommended plastics based on durability and longevity of use. With that being said I would like to see the difference throughout grow myself so this should be interesting..

Something like:
2 soil in fabric pots
2 coco coir in fabric pots
2 soin plastic pots
2 coco coir in plastic pots
(Everything labeled of course)

Im not looking to hit a home run on my first go around I’m really just looking to learn ALOT from this first grow, hence the reason why I’m trying so many different things. If I don’t do it this way then the next grow will be a complete coco grow and this one will be complete soil grow.

CurtisBlow916

CurtisBlow916

Both.. I’m going tomorrow to grab coco coir and I’ll grab fabric pots when I do .. the reason I went away from fabric pots because somebody recommended plastics based on durability and longevity of use. With that being said I would like to see the difference throughout grow myself so this should be interesting..

Something like:
2 soil in fabric pots
2 coco coir in fabric pots
2 soin plastic pots
2 coco coir in plastic pots
(Everything labeled of course)

Im not looking to hit a home run on my first go around I’m really just looking to learn ALOT from this first grow, hence the reason why I’m trying so many different things. If I don’t do it this way then the next grow will be a complete coco grow and this one will be complete soil grow.
But like I said if this sounds completely insane please don’t sugar coat anything 😂

Latest posts

Top Bottom